Irvine Cars & Coffee This Saturday

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
A few weeks back Sam said he was going to join me and get down to Irvine this Saturday, April 14th.....weather permitting. :bored
We need to get a date and idea put together for our SoCal Spring drive.
Anyone else??
I'll be in my 70 BOSS 302.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Will never forget Irvine Cars and Coffee at Rally 2 in Newport Beach, California with all the GT's assembled. Man wish it was closer to Texas. Every day I look at my Sign I brought home " Cars And Coffee Welcomes USA FORD GT". We had a blast with the most GT's ever assembled. Will never forget it! Thanks again for the memories Dave. I'd go every month if I lived in California. Tomy

Last edited:

DGCA

*Supporting Vendor*
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2007
Southern California
If the weather is good and my back feels better I will be there. Been nursing a Sciatic nerve problem for the past eight weeks and just now feeling like I can get to living! Come on Sam, make the trip down to O.C.!

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
Suppose to pour unfortunately....

DLKGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 10, 2005
Southern CA & Hilo, Hawaii
I'm planning on it.......weather permitting.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I agree Tomy we sure are blessed to have had that huge GT turnout at Rally II....BTW...this Cars & Coffee is every Saturday!

I hope the Weatherman is correct saying it's supposed to stop raining, if it is raining, 2-3am. Time will tell!

Last edited:

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Latest update, 0% chance of rain for Irvine Ca on Sat.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
uh-oh 30% chance now for early AM.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Quit looking Steve!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Here in Washington State we don't NEED to look. We just automatically assume it'll be raining on any particular 'car show day'...and we're rarely wrong. :bored

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Here in Washington State we don't NEED to look. We just automatically assume it'll be raining on any particular 'car show day'...and we're rarely wrong. :bored

Kind of wonder why anyone living in WA would be a FGT, not the best car to use in the rain.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
NOW YOU'RE "GETTING IT", Clinton!!! Finally! That's the EXACT reason #1079 wasn't driven all that much!

Congrats! :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

Especially the last 2 years :frown

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
NOW YOU'RE "GETTING IT", Clinton!!! Finally! That's the EXACT reason #1079 wasn't driven all that much!

Congrats! :lol

If your so smart then why are you thinking about a SPF GT40? That car is even worst in the rain!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What are you talking about! Pockets has proven time and again he's no Einstein!

Besides, "thinking" is one thing - DOING is another!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Especially the last 2 years :frown

You can say THAT again. From the look of things, this year's not going to be any better either.:willy

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Rain -who cares

Kind of wonder why anyone living in WA would be a FGT, not the best car to use in the rain.

Your'e absolutely wrong on that. FGT is great in the rain. Wonderful wiper system, great a/c and defroster setup, great traction and braking, rear clam shell window is almost always dry, and a huge plus is the wonderful roostertail effect at speed from the aero set up, etc, etc etc.,

And yoou'all will probably never ever see another one on the road when it rains. :thumbsup

(Except on the way to the annual GT Rally - just ask KJRGT!)

And the best thing about driving a GT is the rain is it gets all dirty and then you can go home and wash the dirt off.:rofl

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yeeeeeeeeeeew are a totally ROTTEN person, Jeffey!!!

BTW, are you up here now, or 'still in Palm Springs?

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Sir Pockets......still in the desert.....new snow all around the mountains here this morning. Looks great as the SUN shines on them.

Rained here late yesterday, first time in something like 98 days. GT is parked out front and got all wet.

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhweeeeellllllllllll

After golf this morning, I guess I'll have to take it out for a long, semi-fast ride to get it air dried in all the right places.

Should be back up north towards first of May. Or not.

BTW, are you up here now, or 'still in Palm Springs?[/QUOTE]

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Your'e absolutely wrong on that. FGT is great in the rain. Wonderful wiper system, great a/c and defroster setup, great traction and braking, rear clam shell window is almost always dry, and a huge plus is the wonderful roostertail effect at speed from the aero set up, etc, etc etc.,

And yoou'all will probably never ever see another one on the road when it rains. :thumbsup

(Except on the way to the annual GT Rally - just ask KJRGT!)

And the best thing about driving a GT is the rain is it gets all dirty and then you can go home and wash the dirt off.:rofl

I have driven my FGT in the rain, hail and snow a few times. Going to the FGT Rally in Vegas it rain and hailed pretty hard. I would agree that the car works great in the rain, but not in hail, those ice balls were like little ball bearings, you have very little steering control.

My main reason for saying the FGT isn't a good rain car is because of the other jokers out on the road. The chance of an accident are much higher, so I rather drive one of my disposable beater cars. Sam would say a BMW! :lol