Irvine Cars & Coffee This Saturday

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I have driven my FGT in the rain, hail and snow a few times. Going to the FGT Rally in Vegas it rain and hailed pretty hard. I would agree that the car works great in the rain, but not in hail, those ice balls were like little ball bearings, you have very little steering control.

My main reason for saying the FGT isn't a good rain car is because of the other jokers out on the road. The chance of an accident are much higher, so I rather drive one of my disposable beater cars. Sam would say a BMW! :lol

Amen for Hail, which I somehow missed on the road to Austin. Freezing rain too.

Lousey drivers are everywhere, not weather dependant.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
(Except on the way to the annual GT Rally - just ask KJRGT!)

How right you are my friend! I took this somewhere in Texas before we rolled into Ft. Stockton...remember that drive? That was NASTY!

Uhh, by the way Sammy, where were you this morning big boy?? Dennis and I had a nice chat, missed you.

IMG_0244-2.jpg

Last edited:

GTMikey

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2008
Lake Tahoe
During the Shelby Bash about 150 cars hit the California/NV stateline. Supersnakes, Cobras, My GT, GT350R's, fast cars, well...... one guy took off and it was 3 wide Nascar to the strip about 60 miles. I got off to the right lane because my Radar detector was vibrating off the window, two Supersnakes doing 125MPH were left and the FULL GROWN SMOKEY was waiting right over the hump with a laser gun..... He wrote them up for 80mph and told them to take her easy... One car was "THE OFFICIAL SHELBY PACE CAR"

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
On the way to Rally V, Jeff and I stopped at a nice rest area in beautiful weather. A ½ hour later, we were hit with a gully washer near Abilene, Kansas - sky turned black and opened up! Rain-X on the windshield really kept it clear.

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
(Except on the way to the annual GT Rally - just ask KJRGT!)

How right you are my friend! I took this somewhere in Texas before we rolled into Ft. Stockton...remember that drive? That was NASTY!

Uhh, by the way Sammy, where were you this morning big boy?? Dennis and I had a nice chat, missed you.

IMG_0244-2.jpg

Here's a group shot of the storm in Texas on the way to Rally IV....