Introduction and new owner in San Antonio

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
Some of the names I recognize from the Viper world. Friends with Ray, Cody, and Jerry, and a proud new owner of a silver/black car. I have been after Cody at ART for quite some time to part with his silver car, and am incredibly excited to have a GT, and can't wait for the twins to be finished up. Ray has been a bad influence and continues to push the boundaries of these cars.

Excited to say the least.:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Some of the names I recognize from the Viper world. Friends with Ray, Cody, and Jerry, and a proud new owner of a silver/black car. I have been after Cody at ART for quite some time to part with his silver car, and am incredibly excited to have a GT, and can't wait for the twins to be finished up. Ray has been a bad influence and continues to push the boundaries of these cars.

Excited to say the least.:biggrin:biggrin:biggrin

Congrats Enjoy !

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Congrats! I'm in Austin and should be taking delivery of my car hopefully by the months end. We will have to rally somewhere in the spring.

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
Sounds good to me. I hope to have the car home in a month or so. It is under the knife in Buda currently.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
You'll enjoy your new car for sure!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Welcome!

Uuuuh...have you chosen the folding chair you'll be needing out in your garage yet? (You'll understand shortly! :lol)

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
Tim/Empty, thanks a bunch. I have 2000 feet of detached garage, and then a little attached one car next to my home office. It will be in the attached so I see it constantly. Just had the flooring diamond ground and checkered so it will have it's own little neat space. I am looking for some different HRE's for the car as I type this. Turbos, plumbing, intake, etc...will be black and changed up a little from this picture.

1236105516.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Who's TT system is that? Buda?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Tim/Empty, thanks a bunch. I have 2000 feet of detached garage, and then a little attached one car next to my home office. It will be in the attached so I see it constantly. Just had the flooring diamond ground and checkered so it will have it's own little neat space. I am looking for some different HRE's for the car as I type this. Turbos, plumbing, intake, etc...will be black and changed up a little from this picture.

Eeeeeeeeh...'looks it may be a bit LACKING in the m.p.G. department, don'tcha think? I mean, what will all the "greenies" say?

THAT is impressive.

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
That is a one off from ART. I love having the turbos up for the eye factor. Their standard kits have the turbos mounted down. Both drive great, but I preferred the look of this one. It definitely is a little more involved on the fabrication side, but the look is worth it in my opinion.

Empty, more like GPM (gallon per minute). I am sure the greenies hate me for it, which makes me even happier.

I will certianly post some updates once the car starts going back together.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I agree it is an extremely beautiful layout.

The turbos themselves look big, do you mind sharing the PSI and power levels?

Edit; are there intake filters in there down low?

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
2112, thanks. I remember seeing the kit the first time, and literally was stuck on the motor for a good hour. Layout is a good term, and I think it looks fantastic. The car has diamond pistons now, but previous boost was at 18 if I recall, and made around a thousand or so. I am not looking to push the limits, just wanted a nice strong street car. Anywhere north or south of the 900-1000 mark is plenty for my use. I will leave the truly nasty stuff for guys like Ray and SW.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
How does ART filter the intake charge? Do you have pics of the headers?

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
Don't have any good pictures of it for you at this point.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
How exciting! Congratulations and welcome!

Mar 15, 2006
Congrats and have fun with that beast.

tanner

GT Owner
Jan 12, 2011
How exciting! Congratulations and welcome!

Congrats and have fun with that beast.

Apollo, John; thanks a bunch. Neat how this all worked out.

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
www.americanracingtech.com

I no longer own the company as of mid 2010.

Cody

GT Owner
Feb 1, 2007
Bee Cave/Lakeway,TX
How does ART filter the intake charge? Do you have pics of the headers?

The intake pipes run to the side scoops to a set of K&N filters.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
www.americanracingtech.com

I no longer own the company as of mid 2010.

Link not working. Is the business still a going concern?

Are you out on your own now?