Introduce Myself- New Owner

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
In a thread about 7 years ago we delved into actual results from changing exhausts. Bottom line: little to no difference in power for cat-back exhaust changes. This correlates with the results for other supercharged engines. The more the induction pressure from supercharging, the less effect exhaust changes have.

X-pipes do reduce heat in the engine bay. Even more if you wrap them with insulation.

mtdubvee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2019
Beckley WV
Yeah I’m just wanting to change it for the sound mostly. I’ve had a lot of high performance cars. Exhaust for me has always been more about tone than power gains. Not much to gain, but the sound lol.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Yeah I’m just wanting to change it for the sound mostly. I’ve had a lot of high performance cars. Exhaust for me has always been more about tone than power gains. Not much to gain, but the sound lol.

Me too.

Attachments

• 743C6830-4A02-4F06-8B24-AFD59DB7F9E1.jpeg
    743C6830-4A02-4F06-8B24-AFD59DB7F9E1.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 10

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Congratulations, you will love your GT. So wonderfully easy to work on. Here are a few more comments.
- When you change your exhaust, consider leaving the calmshell on. Taking it off introduces some risk of R&R damage, also sitting on the garage floor. I left mine on, minor hassle. You will need to add a lot of padding on the trans-area for protection. There is a post on the site about this.
- I removed my muffler and went with a Heffner and wrapped it. For me it was about sound and heat reduction. 40 pounds weight reduction was an additional benefit, cannot say I noticed on the road. The sound is great, no drone. It is not noisy in the cab. WOT above 3000 RPM is AWESOME.
- Be sure you have the rear axle half-shaft bolt kit installed. Many posts on here about it.

Reactions: mtdubvee

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
- Be sure you have the rear axle half-shaft bolt kit installed. Many posts on here about it.

Ask your Ford dealer to pull an OASIS report. If it was done at the time by Ford it will be on the report. There were two different releases of the Ford parts. There are details somewhere to see if you have the second version as the first will fail again. The ford version is not available any more so if you haven't had it done or have Ford V1 you need the Accufab version.

TF Stang

GT Owner
Jan 26, 2022
Welcome from another newbie

mtdubvee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2019
Beckley WV
Congratulations, you will love your GT. So wonderfully easy to work on. Here are a few more comments.
- When you change your exhaust, consider leaving the calmshell on. Taking it off introduces some risk of R&R damage, also sitting on the garage floor. I left mine on, minor hassle. You will need to add a lot of padding on the trans-area for protection. There is a post on the site about this.
- I removed my muffler and went with a Heffner and wrapped it. For me it was about sound and heat reduction. 40 pounds weight reduction was an additional benefit, cannot say I noticed on the road. The sound is great, no drone. It is not noisy in the cab. WOT above 3000 RPM is AWESOME.

Thank you very much.

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Matt, Congratulations on putting a GT in your stable. I know it has been a dream of yours and nice to see dreams come true.

mtdubvee

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2019
Beckley WV
Matt, Congratulations on putting a GT in your stable. I know it has been a dream of yours and nice to see dreams come true.
Thank David!

Reactions: 68Rcodeman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
When you're ready for more power start with this https://unleashedtuning.com/ford-gt-sct-x4-2-8-pulley-package/