insurance suggestion

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
I'm paying $3800 per year with Hagerty, but I'm an under 30 single male. I have 1 speeding ticket from 4 years ago, no accidents. I dont know what the cost spread is for under 30 and not married but from the prices posted here it sounds like I should at least find a wife...:willy

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I'm paying $3800 per year with Hagerty, but I'm an under 30 single male. I have 1 speeding ticket from 4 years ago, no accidents. I dont know what the cost spread is for under 30 and not married but from the prices posted here it sounds like I should at least find a wife...:willy
Check state farm! I think it would be about half that....

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

only one speeding ticket? thats why your insurance is so high, they probably think you run away from the cops:eek

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle

Someone's wife is a lot less trouble than an unmarried woman but wont help you with your insurance :thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Chip, each state has their on laws covering insurance. I believe in CA they cannot cancel your policy for late payment without 1st notifying you and giving you 15 days to correct the problem. Beside you had an automatic payment setup, so unless the credit card was canceled the ball seem to be purposely dropped on their side. :thumbsdow :mad

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I pay around $4000 a year with Safeco. I have an agent that does all my insurance and thats the best rate she could find. 26 year old single male with one accident and one ticket on the record.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
A 26 year old with that record is lucky to get any insurance at all and even luckier to own a GT! :thumbsup :cheers

BTW, when I was 26 I had owned a Honda :ack and the car cost me about 2 years of your insurance payments.

Last edited:

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Yesterday my agent got quoted 3300. For me thats a steal. :biggrin

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
A 26 year old with that record is lucky to get any insurance at all and even luckier to own a GT! :thumbsup :cheers

BTW, when I was 26 I had owned a Honda :ack and the car cost me about 2 years of your insurance payments.

+1 I rode the bus to school at 26

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 19, 2007
Frankfort Ill
At 26, I was still walking to school. It snowed all the time and I had to walk up hill both ways with no shoes on and my kid brother on my back.

Happy thanksgiving,

Steve

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
$2400 per year USAA- no mileage limit - no speeding tickets - one minor accident two years ago. Make sure your insurance agent has all factory info on the GT. For example, when I was with Allstate they didn't have info that the GT had antilock brakes and were charging hundreds more per year than the GT with antilock brakes! You company may not know the car has seat belts or an air bag!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
Check state farm! I think it would be about half that....

I pay around $4000 a year with Safeco. I have an agent that does all my insurance and thats the best rate she could find. 26 year old single male with one accident and one ticket on the record.

Thanks Shelby, I'll check w/ SF but i'm kind of in the same boat as Kumar, I'm 28 and my buddy is my broker so i know he shopped it around aggressively and that was the best price i got. Will ask him to look around again though. I would imagine premiums are moving up across the board though given market conditions.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Just found out that USAA is actual cash value - could be a problem.. If car was totaled insurance company would pay based on NADA and Kelly Blue Book values. NADA shows 2006 FGT worth 173K (top end) and 136K (low end). The KBB show 169K.

Last edited:

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
+1 I rode the bus to school at 26

shut up :lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
AAA lowers the comprehensive portion if you have a theft deterrant device, such as LoJack....