The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Camilo_ZeroGravity_Web_Banner.jpg

Inner State Gallery Presents Camilo Pardo’s “Zero Gravity”
Artists reception Friday July 26th from 7-10p

Opening July 26th, Inner State Gallery presents an entirely new body of work from Detroit artist and famed designer of the Ford GT Camilo Pardo. Returning to Detroit for his first hometown exhibition in two years, “Zero Gravity” will be a uniquely Detroit summertime exhibition.

The solo exhibition invites the public to engage with Camilo’s signature artwork, fashion, automobiles and refreshments, served up as only Camilo Pardo can. The opening reception will be free and open to the public. The exhibition will be shown from July 26th – August 20th at Inner State Gallery, located at 1410 Gratiot Ave in Detroit’s Eastern Market.

Internationally recognized for his groundbreaking design on the Ford GT, Camilo’s work carries an inertia that transcends from his work seen on the city’s freeways as it flows seamlessly into the worlds of fashion and fine art galleries. This is where “Zero Gravity” begins.

“The idea for Zero Gravity came from a series of images created at a party we threw called “Space.” With my paintings there is a certain amount of energy and movement. I like to keep that kind of energy in my work, you can see it in the brush strokes, the colors and the composition. A lot of times, the composition of the subject matter is so large that it doesn’t really fit in the canvas. It’s like it’s coming at you and it’s so close that it’s really on top of you. I like that kind of composition, dynamics and drama. With this collection, Zero Gravity is the point where you leave the planet and enter the atmosphere and everything floats.” Camilo said while at his studio space in Detroit’s Bankle Building.

Zero Gravity will feature more than 20 new paintings along with recent fashion and automotive paintings that Camilo has created over the recent months and the show is set to be one Detroit’s premier summer art events.

“With Camilo´s latest collection of work, Zero Gravity he reaches back to his roots as a painter and expands on his already extensive creative vocabulary for what will be a must see exhibition this summer in Detroit. With our new gallery, Inner State, open in Eastern Market we're excited to continue working with Camilo as his last exhibition in 2011 (at 323East in Royal Oak) was a total success and we expect that Zero Gravity will be no different," Inner State Gallery partner Jesse Cory said.

About Camilo Pardo:
Born in New York City, Camilo Pardo was shaped early on by the bright colors of both the pop art movement and competition colors spawned with the birth of the muscle car. He spent his formidable years here in Detroit at the Center For Creative Studies (CCS) as he honed his craft and along with countless classmates spent countless hours dreaming of designing his ideal muscle car, something he was able to do in 2002 with the Ford GT.

The art that Camilo Pardo created over the years is all over Detroit. Indeed, a considerable amount of it is present on our freeways at any given moment of the day. Camilo put verve in the steel curves and reminded us that a car's first internal combustion takes place in an artist's mind. It's external beauty is born there as well. That mind has not ceased from creative labors, even if they're no longer entirely devoted to Motor City mojo.

Camilo's paintings and drawings bespeak both his love for linear perfection and his fascination for the manner in which those "lines" deliver aesthetic satisfaction to the viewer. His works genuinely seem to move - and they are energized by what is obviously a rich understanding and respect for popular culture and traditional disciplines. In less talented hands, such a seeming contradiction of forces would negate the best efforts. Camilo makes them reconcile, complement each other, and dance together.

About Inner State:
Inner State Gallery is Detroit’s premier art gallery for both established and emerging artists, both locally and internationally. Located in Eastern Market, the 1800 square foot gallery is home to two exhibition spaces, an artist live/work space, as well as a retail boutique for the gallery’s online counterpart 1xRUN.

More information can be found at innerstategallery.com

For a preview of the show or media inquiries & interviews with Camilo, gallery owners or high resolution images please contact Gallery Director Ania Eaton - ania@innerstategallery.com 313-744-6505

Inner State Gallery
1410 Gratiot Ave
Detroit, MI 48207

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
A talented man our boy Camilo! Hope sales are thru the roof for him!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Best wishes to Camilo for a successful exhibition!

The exhibition is on my "must do" list while in the Detroit area. Not sure I want to park the GT at Eastern Market though. Maybe we can do a group drive.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not sure I want to park the GT at Eastern Market though. Maybe we can do a group drive.

It's not in the actual market area, it's on the other side of Gratiot. It's not total hood, but be careful who you take. Some people would shit a brick parking their car right there.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...It's not total hood, but be careful who you take. Some people would shit a brick parking their car right there.

How do you recommend one get there?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
How do you recommend one get there?

With a posse? :willy

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ralphie, if you're in town and can making the opening, take your GT. I'll email you phone numbers for Camilo and Jesse (runs the gallery). They are looking for cars and will sort you out. It's not Disney Land, but it will be fine on opening night and they'll park you with Camilo's car in front of the building. Unfortunately I'm on a plane to SFO and can't make it, but if you intend to go next week, you can always take one of my cars.

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Sounds like a great event.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
... but if you intend to go next week, you can always take one of my cars.
do you mean -- the opening this week (July 26)??

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Opening reception is July 26th 7-10pm. Show runs until the 20th of August.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Dave you going to do a run of posters like the last exhibit that Camillo did? I'd be in with buying one.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'm planning to go tomorrow (Friday) night, and hope to arrive around 7:00 pm.

Ralphie

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I'm planning to go tomorrow (Friday) night, and hope to arrive around 7:00 pm.

Ralphie

Hi, Ralphie,

I waited for you for several hours last evening - to no avail.... so I ended up going home with someone else.

Pam

Attachments

• camilo pamdora  7_26_2013.jpg
    camilo pamdora 7_26_2013.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Sorry that i missed it... How did it go?

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I think Camilo was very pleased. Art varied from that of his new theme 'zero gravity' to some of his older works/cars, he also had some variation in media. There was a good turn out and many/most items appeared to have been sold prior to the close that evening.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I think Camilo was very pleased. Art varied from that of his new theme 'zero gravity' to some of his older works/cars, he also had some variation in media. There was a good turn out and many/most items appeared to have been sold prior to the close that evening.

:agree:

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Any of the familiar cat suits out and about ?