GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
WOW, What lines!

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
can't wait to see it in person, and what MSRP will be!

campbell53

Sep 28, 2007
Agreed. Better than I had hoped. Ford did a masterful job keeping this under wraps. I asked everyone I know in the company. No one knew (or would tell me!). This will be in my garage next year.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Agreed. Better than I had hoped. Ford did a masterful job keeping this under wraps. I asked everyone I know in the company. No one knew (or would tell me!). This will be in my garage next year.

Agreed, Job well done. It borrows design cues heavily from the former GT, but adds the "newness" of the LaFerrari and Porsche 918. WOW!!

campbell53

Sep 28, 2007
Looks amazing but not $400k. My guess $245ish.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ford did a masterful job keeping this under wraps. I asked everyone I know in the company. No one knew (or would tell me!). This will be in my garage next year.

So they just did the same process they did with the Ford GT. Just like the FGT when it was first shown it's still a prototype, so they haven't even started the "field testing". That all makes sense.

Now to take a trundle down to my local Ford dealer, but I expect that if the other part of the rumor is true: 250 units a year at 400K+ it's gonna be out of my pay grade.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
For those who haven't seen it yet........

Attachments

• 2016 fgt naias 2.jpg
    2016 fgt naias 2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 766
  • 2017 FGT.jpg
    2017 FGT.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 699

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I like it!!! Looking forward to seeing it in person tomorrow!

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I'm in. Hopefully they make enough to make them attainable.

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
can't wait to see it in person, and what MSRP will be!

There may be little correlation between MSRP and street prices. :facepalm:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Wow !! just wow !! :eek:eek As the brits would say " Bloody hell " !!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Sounds like a lot of carbon fiber and really high technology in there that we need to know more about. Certainly seems on a par with, if not ahead of, current Supercar benchmarks.

Wish we could have heard it run. Ecoboost has got to have some kind of special sound for this car.

Still can't believe they kept this under wraps so well. ( GT 350R ) as well.

Perhaps this sets a new standard for what Detroit is capable of in coming up with "surprises". Perhaps mid-engine Corvette; Cadillac sports car; and who knows what else can fall in this category. Come to think of it, wasn't the Hellcat pretty much a surprise too?

Dave, you'll have to tell us whether it "looks" as good as it looks. Seems pretty spectacular.

Did they make the doors even harder to get into than what we have?

I'm sure the "list" is full already, but I'll be looking for a way to get one.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
1200 production according to one web post..

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I like it, don't LOVE it. The v6 is a letdown as is the paddle box. I know I am an dinosaur but don't think I'll be in the market for one.......

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I like it, don't LOVE it. The v6 is a letdown as is the paddle box. I know I am an dinosaur but don't think I'll be in the market for one.......

Totally agree. Wish it was 3 pedals...

Nonetheless - very exciting!!!

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
With CF panels I expect a power/wt ratio of about 4.5, beating 05-06 of 6:1 by quite a bit. I expect to hear some polarizing comments on the styling, but in my opinion a cool crossover showing definitive GT heritage lines (so deserving the GT name) but with beautifully exotic enzo-istic lines. Wonderful to hear about the TT V6 too - secures the 05-06 into it's own place in the GT lineage now. Anxious for more details...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Now I expect the FIA press conference tomorrow to allow carbon fiber construction for 2016. To meet the minimum weight they actually may have to add ballast. All of the other checkoff items are present for a GTE/GTLM entry.

If the true purpose is a homologated car for 2016 run then the limited mere mortal production numbers make sense. There won't be much of a discussion on the race stuff until tomorrow. Then we'll hear the true intent.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did I hear it correctly that the GT350R will be street legal? Not a parts department car? Still, it won't be a very friendly street car with no A/C and no rear seat and probably an integrated roll bar.

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Race cars ALWAYS add ballast to make their minimum weight. That is the whole point of using lightweight materials.....to be massively underweight to allow the engineers to add ballast WHERE they want it, in order to fine tune the handling.