IMSA GTP Primer

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, no Ford in GTP, but this is really cool shit for IMSA/WEC this season. Ford will be back racing in GTD Pro next year with the new GT3 spec Mustang. Multimatic has so much involvement everywhere in racing but as the chassis supplier and partner with Porsche Penske on the 963, I am pumped for this season. Really nice series of videos from Racer.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

Reactions: digman1

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
And just because...Le Mans is going to be awesome this year, and the next few:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Great set of informative videos DBK. We're at Daytona and are going to get up close as we can to check out many of the new cars. Going to be fun!(y)

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
And I thought our chin spoilers were low.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Great set of informative videos DBK. We're at Daytona and are going to get up close as we can to check out many of the new cars. Going to be fun!(y)
Anyone else going to be in Daytona? I'm heading down Friday!

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
I'll be there.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'll be there.
Me too.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
And just because...Le Mans is going to be awesome this year, and the next few:

LeMans…. That’s in France, isn’t it?? ….

We (Ford) should go there, don’t ‘ya think???

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey they will be there next year!

Reactions: Cobrar

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Hey they will be there next year!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
LeMans…. That’s in France, isn’t it?? ….

We (Ford) should go there, don’t ‘ya think???
France... That's in Europe, isn't it?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I thought you swore off!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
So fun to watch that race. Ryan works for HPD and they have all been putting in a LOT of hours on the dyno as they tested the brand new, ground-up engine in the two Acura's. There were definitely some concerns about its first 24 hour race but the results speak for themselves. Two drastically different approaches with Cardillac using a tried and true 5.5L normally aspirated motor and the new Honda's with 2.4L twin turbos making the same HP. Amazing technology.

Reactions: Stef and steved57

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
Great race - Really looking forward to seeing these alongside Ferrari, Glickenhaus, Peugeot and others at Le Mans in June.
Tickets have sold out already with a forecast 300,000 people attending - it's usually busy but this year promises to be crazy.

Reactions: digman1

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Yeah I thought it was a great race too and it was mentioned the largest crowd history of the Rolex 24

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Me as well, the race was awesome and great to hear that attendance is at a record high. Its definitely reassuring that racing probably has great future.
If I have a moment to watch it on the tube I turn the volume down and continue to listen on IMSA Radio.
You learn more in a half hour on radio then watching 10 races on the TV with all the commercials touting EVs.
Great vids DBK. Thanks.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Due to schedule, I had to ‘watch the race’ with live timing and scoring (thanks for the link DBK). Lots of yellows to make the already close competition even closer.

Looking forward to next year to see the addition of Ford to GTD. It’s a competitive and crowded field now, going to be even more exciting next year!

Not certain what led to the fate of Porsche/Penske/Multimatic cars in GTP, will have to follow up in racing periodicals. I did get a chance to see them in static state, the design/engineering looks impressive. Engine is a fully stressed member in the design, so under the engine cowl is really ‘clean’. Air inlets through the bodywork are really limited, must have been a lot of advanced aero work done. I’m sure that formidable team/group will get focused and sort it out.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ferrari on the pole for Sebring. Should be a great battle today between Ferrari and Toyota in WEC.
EEB10CA1-8B44-453D-BACE-25638A4CC63C.jpeg

Reactions: extrap

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Ferrari looks really good.

Reactions: dshears