IMSA Continental Monterey Grand Prix

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Is there any interest by the west (left) coast Ford GT owners in attending the IMSA event at Laguna Seca (Monterey) on April 28 -May 1st? It'll be the last chance to see the Fords run before they go to France.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/continental-monterey-grand-prix-powered-mazda

If so, I will try to contact the raceway to see if we can get a small car corral set up for us.

Currently these corrals exist -

View attachment 41760

But if we can get some early commitment, perhaps they can set one up for us too. If we can't get a corral, I won't bring the GT, as I hate parking it in the dirt and dust! or I'll pay the $30 for Preferred Parking and bring it.

I'm tentatively planning to go for just the Saturday/Sunday part of the schedule.

View attachment 41761

The full schedule is here -

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/m...inental_monterey_grand_prix_schedule_3.21.pdf

and pricing pakages are here -

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/main/files/file-attachments/imsa_ticket_prices_3.17.16.pdf

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have already purchased seats in a suite over the pit row. I actually have a few extra seats for sale if anyone wishes to be in a suite over the Pit's... They are not cheap but should be a great place to watch the race.

I Am bringing my GT... As of now I have infield parking I believe on the grass... Hope to see a few GT owners there. Let me know if there is special parking set up for the GT's...

Thanks Ralphie

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Is there any interest by the west (left) coast Ford GT owners in attending the IMSA event at Laguna Seca (Monterey) on April 28 -May 1st? It'll be the last chance to see the Fords run before they go to France.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/continental-monterey-grand-prix-powered-mazda

If so, I will try to contact the raceway to see if we can get a small car corral set up for us.

Currently these corrals exist -

View attachment 41760

But if we can get some early commitment, perhaps they can set one up for us too. If we can't get a corral, I won't bring the GT, as I hate parking it in the dirt and dust! or I'll pay the $30 for Preferred Parking and bring it.

I'm tentatively planning to go for just the Saturday/Sunday part of the schedule.

View attachment 41761

The full schedule is here -

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/m...inental_monterey_grand_prix_schedule_3.21.pdf

and pricing pakages are here -

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/sites/main/files/file-attachments/imsa_ticket_prices_3.17.16.pdf

Hi Ralphie,
Monica and I are interested in attending. Just need to confirm our own race schedule at Spring Mountain is not that weekend. :thumbsup

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
If this works out, we may be interested in the pit suites.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I will call tomorrow and find out what the minimum requirements are to have a corral reserved for us....

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Update

I got the information and corral agreement from the track this afternoon, and it looks very feasible as a mini corral. I'm going to go over it with Ed Sims this evening, and if it's a go, then I'll e-mail in the paperwork and get the setup link. I'll post the outcome some time in the next day or so...

I'm tentatively thinking about up to five to ten cars, but if it's larger, I need to know who may be coming. So give me some indications if you are planning to attend with your GT.

Thanks, Ralphie

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Richard Shehadey (LoveCHP) is attending as well... guessing he will be interested in joining us

Thanks for doing this Ralphie!

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Richard Shehadey (LoveCHP) is attending as well... guessing he will be interested in joining us

Monica ended up getting tickets before I could tell her you may already have some so we are all set. We would be bringing our new white Ford GT but it hasn't gotten here yet... :biggrin:biggrin so we are bringing the RV. See you guys there. :usa

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Booked my flight this afternoon.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Susan and I plan on attending. I need to navigate a few business issues but it is my intention to drive my GT if possible. If not, we still plan on flying up.

Vince H

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'll make the drive like I do every other weekend to help the daughter who lives there! Now, I get to do it for me!

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
This is great... thought I was going to be the only GT guy there for this race!

A few hotel suggestions...

Carmel, CA
Sandpiper Inn 2408 Bay View Ave., Carmel 93923, 800-590-6433
Colonial Terrace Inn on San Antonio, Carmel 800-354-8220
Mission Ranch Inn, Carmel 800-538-8221
La Playa, Carmel, 800-582-8900
Pine Inn, Carmel, 831-624-3851
Carmel Mission Inn – located on Rio and Hghwy 1 in Barnyard, 888-890-8226
L’Auberge, Carmel, 844-306-4220
Cypress Inn – Carmel, pet friendly owned by Doris Day, 831-624-3871

Monterey, CA:
Hotel Abrego – near the Monterey Aqua & Fitness Center, 831-372-7551
Hotel Intercontinental – on Fisherman Warf near Aquarium Nice w/ Ocean Views, 831-375-4500
Monterey Hyatt Regency off Hwy 1, 831-372-1234

Last edited:

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.

Count me in. Sue and I will be there. We have suite tickets in the same suite as Jerry. Looking forward to it!
We will be driving "LOVE CHP".

Last edited:

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Jerry. We are staying at the Monterey Hyatt Regency off Hwy 1, near Hwy 68 to Laguna Seca.
There should be lots of parking space there.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Awsum GT - we stay in Monterey hotels almost every month when we visit our daughter. We like the Intercontinental the best & we were there last week for $300 a night (oceanview suite) but for the April 29-30 weekend it is over $600 with tax for a smaller room. The marathon being held that weekend plus the IMSA race is making it seem almost like the Historic race week (of course for that week the Intercontinental will be closer to Inn at the Spanish Bay rates: aka over $1000 night!). There is major street construction going on near the Portola Inn & Hotel Pacific right now. If anyone is staying there I hope it's completed by the race. Since I am bringing the GT I am picky on hotels since I want safe, easy parking. The Intercontinental uses a public parking garage (for both valet & self park)with no security or you can pay $250 night to keep your GT in the front! So, I don't stay there when I bring the GT. Sleeping in your GT is an option! LOL

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Awsum GT - we stay in Monterey hotels almost every month when we visit our daughter. We like the Intercontinental the best & we were there last week for $300 a night (oceanview suite) but for the April 29-30 weekend it is over $600 with tax for a smaller room. The marathon being held that weekend plus the IMSA race is making it seem almost like the Historic race week (of course for that week the Intercontinental will be closer to Inn at the Spanish Bay rates: aka over $1000 night!). There is major street construction going on near the Portola Inn & Hotel Pacific right now. If anyone is staying there I hope it's completed by the race. Since I am bringing the GT I am picky on hotels since I want safe, easy parking. The Intercontinental uses a public parking garage (for both valet & self park)with no security or you can pay $250 night to keep your GT in the front! So, I don't stay there when I bring the GT. Sleeping in your GT is an option! LOL

Ed

It is really crazy how the prices escalate so much on race or concours weekends.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
OK Guys - I've got it set up for us. I'm going to open a thread in the "Ford GT Owners Section" to give to you the scoop on the Corral -

Go to

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...rey-Grand-Prix?p=416906&viewfull=1#post416906

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Ralphie... did they give you any idea on the location of the coral?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralphie... did they give you any idea on the location of the coral?

No - I don't think they have mapped them out yet, as they probably wait to see how many cars for each marque are coming.

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Ok, bought mine!