Importance of getting it looked over.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Gentlemen,

I wanted to take a moment to pass along a bit of information that frankly we men just never seem to talk about. The importance of not being a "tough guy" and just walking in off.

Earlier this spring I was involved in what I considered a "minor" accident as a passenger. In the accident my head made what for me was a "small" impact on the A pillar. It didn't really hurt, I did not think I blacked out, and frankly I did not want to deal with the BS of the Hospital. Well a few weeks later, had it not been for someone really watching me. I would have likely passed away in my sleep from a hemorrhage. Luckily, someone dragged me to the hospital and a procedure was done. I am as "normal" as ever now. A bit more emotional at times. A bit more reflective. But still an a$$hole when I must be. :bored

I decided to bring this up since a mentor of mine just passed from cancer since he denied his symptoms just a bit too long. I did not learn of this until today due to concern about my healing. So in Mike's memory I am asking you all to take a moment and look around at all the people you admire and love. If you are too stubborn to not take that step for yourself. Take it for them. IF there is EVER a next time in my life. Instead of trying to walk it off.. I'm walking in the door of the doctor's office and I am asking you to do so also.

With regards,
Steve

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Glad you are ok! Well said and good advice!

H

HHGT

Speedy recovery...

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Words to live bye.

Thank you.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Glad you are OK. Know what you're talking about. 5 years ago I badgered my wife into getting a check up for abnormal bleeding....ovarian cancer was found. 5 operations later she is alive and well. Hope you continue your recovery. AC

Aug 25, 2006
Thank you for sharing

All the best

Shadowman

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Point well taken. Thanks for caring enough to remind us. My wife has also made similar suggestions to me!

RADGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 31, 2006
Connecticut
Never deny your symptoms or say "it will never happen to me". Take the advice of those around you who can better judge your behavioral changes especially after what may even be minor head trauma. Being a practicing physician for 20 years, I have seen too many bad results that could have been detected earlier if people only went for medical help earlier.

Stu

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
So, you finally got your head fixed, huh? Grow any hair yet? Glad to hear you're OK. Those subdurals can be a bitch. Hope it wasn't Woody Woodpecker that fixed it.

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
So, you finally got your head fixed, huh? Grow any hair yet? Glad to hear you're OK. Those subdurals can be a bitch. Hope it wasn't Woody Woodpecker that fixed it.

thanks guys. Frank I'm bald mostly by choice. lol. I had a coil procedure and the guy who did it was very good. Fortunately, it had not ruptured yet.

but as I said previously. if something doesn't quite work or feel right. get it checked. its not worth it trying to talk yourself into macho.

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Thank you Steve...Point taken and glad you are well. On another note you never, ever want to visit Dr. Frank on a professional basis.