IMAGES of new engine compartment light

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
The engine light, UPDATED IMAGES!

Guys,

Here it is. We have been working 16 hour shifts to get this whole thing to happen.

Jay
www.gtsaver.com
(949) 366-1211 anytime
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Engine%20light.jpg

Positioning%20of%20light%20and%20ballast.JPG

Hookup%20at%20license%20plate%20light.JPG

Ford%20GT%20Rear%20view.jpg

Ford%20GT%20engine%20view.jpg

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Try (949) 366-1211 !!!

MAD IN NC said:
Jay, turn the fax machine off
Try (949) 366-1211 !!!

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Lights

Any chance of a picture as installed--both with and without the lights on. Im curious where all that wiring goes (aka how much of it is seen). Also, cost and delivery expectations would be appreciated.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
You;re a damm genius Jay...hope you're coming to Motor City

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Jay,

A most excellent edition, congratulations. So if we order this and as usual, even if I turn a single screw I will cause my GT to stop working, this leaves me a little lost as to how to set this up. Is it a difficult installation? How long for an amateur to install? Any potential screw-ups we should be aware of?

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I want on, pencil me in. Can I pick it up at the rally?
Kinda confusing in the picture, where do the red,yellow, blue go?

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Thanks Jay, I know it's been hard but you delivered.

next - the infamous "wireless batrtery charger"! :biggrin :banana

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I just don't believe it! How fast can you ship? How long to install?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Ready to ship on Monday!!!

Guys,

It's 4 AM again and I am almost done with the first batch. I should be ready to ship them by Fed-Ex Priority. This will allow you to have them by Tuesday and I plan on shipping them to the Ritz, at the rally location. I will be shipping other items which should arrive on Wednesday. I will try and get GTjoey to assist in this process. More info on Monday, it's time to get some sleep. Don't worry fjpikul, light is on it's way!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com
(949) 366-1211

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Jay, please tag a blue one for me....

Mike

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Jay, I just called the California CHP office in San Juan Capistrano, and asked if this lighting equipment is illegal here in California. I explained to him the exact nature of the light we are placing in the engine bay. The officer did a great job of fully explaining the California lighting vehicle code as it applies directly to our application. In short, the light is illegal, and it doesn't matter if you can't see the source, i.e. indirect lighting. It would be OK for sitting in a parking lot or something, but not to have it on all the time when you turn on your headlights and drive on the street. The California CHP guys are very friendly and easy to talk to about stuff like this. If you want to call them also just for clarity, their number is (949) 487-4000. What a bummer. :frown

Last edited:

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Is that for blue or for any light?

I'd still like a light, so long as I can turn it on and off independently, like at a car show.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Gulf, you are a REAL spoilsport. No offense, but the rest of the USA does not revolve around California law. JAY, BRING IT ON!

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
How does the light effect your rear view vision? Looks great, but what about lane changing at night with light on? Where do I get one and how hard is it to install? I'm brain dead when it comes to electrical stuff.
Piana

MAD IN NC

Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Who cares as the GT has no rear visibility! :biggrin - Jay keep going! :cheers

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
SuperB said:
Is that for blue or for any light?

I'd still like a light, so long as I can turn it on and off independently, like at a car show.

They told me that blue, red, and amber in California are illegal in any form, except as placed on the car by the manufacturer (i.e. red tail lights). After doing a little research, it unfortunately appears to be illegal in most states in the U.S. But then again, look how many guys have questionable exhausts, and as long as they behave responsibly, never have a problem.

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
Yes, but 99.97 percent of the Harley Davidsons sold each year have "illegal" exhaust systems

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Dr Robert Harms said:
Yes, but 99.97 percent of the Harley Davidsons sold each year have "illegal" exhaust systems

Yep, like I stated, behave, and they'll probably leave most people alone. I just didn't know what the exact laws were, and only had rumor information about what was actually legal before I called the CHP. Although, it would sure be a bummer to get the attention of a police officer one night with the light, and then have him find an illegal exhaust by accident which many GT owners have. Here in California, that's BIG MONEY in fines. Sometimes it's best not to draw unnecessary attention to yourself.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
CHP should have better things to worry about!

Gulf GT said:
Yep, like I stated, behave, and they'll probably leave most people alone. I just didn't know what the exact laws were, and only had rumor information about what was actually legal before I called the CHP. Although, it would sure be a bummer to get the attention of a police officer one night with the light, and then have him find an illegal exhaust by accident which many GT owners have. Here in California, that's BIG MONEY in fines. Sometimes it's best not to draw unnecessary attention to yourself.
Guys,

I just got a whopping speeding ticket a couple of weeks ago. The CHP officer was trying to "throw the book at me." He was mad as hell because I got on the freeway like I was blasted out of a cannon. My Ida exhaust didn't help matters (he claims that I was doing 118 MPH). He held me for about an hour because I didn't have my registration or proof of insurance with me. I just left the engine light (and running lights) on during the entire hour. I had asked him if he wanted to see the engine (attempting to calm him down), however his rectal temperature seemed too high at the moment... He didn't even question the engine light, otherwise that would have included that on the citation also!

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
verrrrrrrry funnnnny Jay