IMAGES of new engine compartment light

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I"d be interested

That engine light looks appealing to me. Could you do red as well? Approximate Cost? PM me.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Any color is possible...

Hello fjpikul,

I am working on an "any color" unit. I found out that it's also an excellent work light for the engine when the hatch is opened up, since everything is nicely illuminated. Unfortunately, royal blue is not a good color for that application. I will be able to supply you with any color, including red. I do not have a price yet. I will keep you posted.

Thanks, Jay

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks for reply

Okee dokee. I'm particularly waiting for Halloween to scare the kids in the neighborhood. Make them think I'm the police in a special pursuit vehicle or rocket ship.

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
i'm in

2005gt

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
I am in too, blue matches my car! Please notify me when it's ready.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Analog

Do you think this lighting represents anything the CHP may be interested in pulling one over to tell you it is illegal? Looks awesome, any choice of colors? Very very cool.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Engine light

AtomicGT said:
Analog

Do you think this lighting represents anything the CHP may be interested in pulling one over to tell you it is illegal? Looks awesome, any choice of colors? Very very cool.
There should be no problem because I went through terrific design pains to make sure that the light source cannot be seen directly from any point outside of the car.

Also, for those of you that are waiting, I am working on final design. This turned out to be much more complicated than first thought.

One other thing, the new magnetic oil drain plugs will be on the website later on today. This is something that I highly recommend for maximixing engine life on your GT.

Thanks,
Jay
www.gtsaver.com

Dr Robert Harms

GT Owner
Nov 24, 2005
What is the staus of this project ? I found I have a LED and wanted to install it but could not locate a convenient place to tap into the elctrics (or I could simply buy your kit if it is available).

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I'm peddling as fast as I can!

Dr Robert Harms said:
What is the staus of this project ? I found I have a LED and wanted to install it but could not locate a convenient place to tap into the elctrics (or I could simply buy your kit if it is available).
Doc,

This project has been a real pain because it interferred with my normal 12 hr/day job! I am machining the parts today and should be ready to ship before the week's up. There are many persons that need them for the GT rally coming up real soon.

It is difficult to prevent the LED from directly illuminating to the outside of the car. This is one way an upset cop could ticket you! The LED must be very high up and properly shielded. It's much harder than it looks, however, I am extremely fussy about the quality of illumination. My goal is to have an even illumination along the top of the supercharger. Please feel free to contact me anytime about specific details. I had promised you guys that you would have this product before the rally, now I must live up to this. I plan on machining parts until at least midnight...

Thanks,

Jay
www.gtsaver.com
(949) 366-1211 lv. mg and I will call you right back!

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I am interested as well, wondering if it attaches to the clam shell or the engine bay.

I'd think blue could cause problems, I remember from my drivers test long ago that blue lights are not allowed.

Would be nice to be able to turn it on or off, especially from inside.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Analog has assured us it will have EVERYTHING!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Jay, turn the fax machine off

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Design status...

SuperB said:
I am interested as well, wondering if it attaches to the clam shell or the engine bay.

I'd think blue could cause problems, I remember from my drivers test long ago that blue lights are not allowed.

Would be nice to be able to turn it on or off, especially from inside.
SuperB,

This will attach to the clam shell.

I think that this will be okay since it's indirect diffuse lighting (as opposed to direct). You cannot see the top of the supercharger from the far rearside of the car.

Since I am picking up some high power LED's, it would be nice to get an idea of what colors everyone will want. The royal blue is what I have used since it interacts nicely with the metallic silver paint on the supercharger. I will buy a few red and many royal blue LED's. I can get green, however, I am not sure if anyone would specify that color. One other warning guys, I am badly color-blind, so your guidance will be much appreciated.

These first units will not be switchable. The light will only turn on when the runnng lights or headlights are ON. You could temporarily disable it and I plan on having a way to do this before the rally. Future units will have more features and I will accept a future upgrade/trade in, okay?

Thanks,

Jay
www.gtsaver.com

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I'm interested, blue or white light.

I also tried to buy the GTsavers online a long while back and had trouble. hope you bring a bunch of your stuff to the rally. I'm sure many members would like to touch and feel the stuff and simply buy it on the spot. Cash even.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Blue will be my choice. It matches my stripes! :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I want mine Christmas tree, you know, blinking, colors of the rainbow. How hard can that be? Otherwise, I think blue is the way to go, but I would like to see red and how it matches my car.

cudacharlie

Dec 21, 2005
SoCal
I'll take one, and I don't even have the GT yet....

griffbl

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 8, 2006
Dallas, TX
Light Color...

White! any chance for a rheostat?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Analog, see how much interest there is! See how popular!

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
I think a red light that increased with engine revs would be nice.