I’m just gonna ask...

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
So I’m in the final process of ordering my 2021 GT. I’m in paralysis by analysis and I’ve got the opportunity to get a heritage car and part of me doesn’t want to have 3/4 million dollars in an FGT. With that said, before I finalize my order, is there someone that would let me fly out to drive their car? I know that’s a big ask, but I’ll buy lunch and I can only imagine it would be a fun couple hours of talking cars... I don’t need to drive it 100 miles. Just a quick 10 mile cruise to see how I like it. I have an older acquaintance local that landed one but he’s being weird about Covid (he is pretty dang old). The other local car has 21 miles on it and understand why the owner doesn’t want it driven. I’m in OKC, and will fly anywhere. Hoping someone here is like me and just doesn’t care about miles getting put on their car (43k miles on my 05 FGT, daily drive a 720s lol).

In trade I’ll out up my 720 for you to take as a free rental car if ever in OKC:) Thanks guys!

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You missed the weather window here. My 05 is already asleep for the winter and getting ready to do the 18 this week, otherwise I would be happy to let you drive mine. The tires limit the outside temp to 45 degrees.

I did feel the same way but pulled the trigger. Made one long 4 hour to Indy and back and then 10 hours to Atlanta for the Petit LeMans. I have been very happy with the car and have no regrets. Heritage is just a color.

Reactions: Oufan2929

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I would welcome your visit but both GT's are put away for winter storage. I'm confident you will get someone to do this.

Reactions: Oufan2929

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
I would gladly invite you for the chance to drive mine and help you with the decision of a lifetime. I live in Central Florida and the weather is always great this time of year. I work doing the week but am off this Monday. If we can't make Monday then the weekend would be next choice. PM me if this works. David

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
You have a PM.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I’m in New Orleans, and you’re welcome to come here too!

Reactions: SPI

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
There are plenty of you tube videos by some very accomplished drivers!
Check Jeremy Clarkson’s on Top Gear!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Nothing personal, but I don’t let anyone drive my GT!
The only exceptions other than my son( with me in the car) Is Stormcat, Mark McGowen, Andrew Marlowe, Rick Hanson or Terry Cord
Just my 02

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ Im not worthy....

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
I saw Raj a couple weekends ago and he said something Interesting. He has thousands of miles on his 2018 Victory livery GT and said most of the miles were driven by his employees.

Last edited:

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
I saw Raj a coupe weekends ago and he said something Interesting. He has thousands of miles on his 2018 Victory livery GT and said most of the miles were driven by his employees.
I heard that too, what a guy!!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
^^^ Im not worthy....
Yes you are

Reactions: Specracer

gregmhtd

GT Owner
May 10, 2016
Prosper, TX
I have an 06', just got my 20', (and it's wickedly amazing) if only you weren't an OU fan I'd consider it lol hook em!

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I’m in Fort Worth. Not too long a drive for you to come to DFW.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
I am in Washington DC, happy to help as long as the weather cooperates. You can PM me.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
I have 16,000 Kms on my 2017. Its still insured, But time is running out. And I am in Toronto area Canada .

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Nothing personal, but I don’t let anyone drive my GT!
The only exceptions other than my son( with me in the car) Is Stormcat, Mark McGowen, Andrew Marlowe, Rick Hanson or Terry Cord
Just my 02
you forgot me :oops: You are officially off my "you can drive my Ranchero" list :cool: 😂

Oufan2929

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
You guys are amazing!! I've reached out to a few of you and will be in touch. Seriously, thanks so much!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
(This is a comment similar to one in a prior post.)

If I am reading this right, you have an allocation for a '21 Heritage and are questioning whether to take it or order something different?

Perhaps some would question your hesitation.

Reactions: MGSGT and davidn

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What a great forum.

Reactions: Ed Sims