Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Sorry... long day Elite Autos!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Congrats on your wise decision.
I believe there are several reputable dealers.
Incidentally there was recently a 2000 mile car up in the Buffalo area.
Red with stripes. No affiliation.

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Check this one out!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 719

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
We would love to help you. Call me anytime at 8709318004

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
It is so wise to purchase from a reputable dealer if you've never bought a GT before. Let's put it this way, there are more original 2006 Heritage cars today than were built and Carfax alone is a bunch of crap. I know of a handful of GTs that had chassis changes due to wrecks and yet wear a clear title. Use a good GT dealer or at least get someone knowledgeable about these cars to take a look before purchase. jmo

Steve Schneider

GT Owner
Dec 16, 2010
I know of a original 1,100 mile car private sale near Toronto do you have e-mail or phone #

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Steve pm sent.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
If you plan on driving the car, I would NOT get a low mile car. Get a car with some miles, these cars hold up as good as an Accord!! If you are wanting to get a collector low mile car that you drive very sparingly, get a garage queen. As most of us will tell you, these cars were meant to be driven. Good luck.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
PM sent.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
curious, what do you expect to pay?

ctalisman1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 21, 2016
Houston Texas
Thanks, just email me at chuckt0329@yahoo.com

ctalisman1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 21, 2016
Houston Texas
I'm flexible, depending on color, condition and miles. I want one I can drive, so I would like sub 4500 mile car not wrecked. I'm happy to pay market.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
In that case, get one with 20Kmi and save more scratch. Then use the savings to add some eye-candy, Speedhut gauges, go-fast goodies, etc. I'm up to 37K on mine, and several guys here have way more than that. Jeff is close to 120Kmi on his. (See my signature line below)

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I would agree. I've seen 10,000 mile cars that are cleaner than my 1700 mile 2004 Mach1.
If you can find a deal on a 10 or 20 thousand mile car go for it.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
PPI a must, from someone with Ford GT experience such as The GT Guys. With the cost, rarity, and the nature of what this car is - very few have been mistreated. If you're going to drive it mileage should not be an issue. As Pete K said put the savings into extra goodies, many of which have been created by Forum members and are available here.

If you are successful, remember this car has a learning curve. Smart folk want a gradual curve.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would recommend Shelby at Elite Autos.

Ed

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
PPI a must, from someone with Ford GT experience such as The GT Guys. With the cost, rarity, and the nature of what this car is - very few have been mistreated. If you're going to drive it mileage should not be an issue. As Pete K said put the savings into extra goodies, many of which have been created by Forum members and are available here.

If you are successful, remember this car has a learning curve. Smart folk want a gradual curve.
Ditto SR71's comments. Check back in after you get one and before you decide to "see what she can do." Until then, DO NOT apply full throttle in a turn to "power out of the turn," unless you want to leave the road ass-first.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I agree with the higher mile thing.

My car for instance has 19,000 miles but that's less than 2000 miles per year and driving keeps the rubber seals like the ones in the AC compressor from getting brittle and leaking. After Ceramic Pro application to the paint it now looks as good or better than when I bought it from Shelby in 2007.

If you buy from Shelby (or someone like him) it might be a little of a premium but it is well worth it as many GTs have an unfortunate past due to the intersecting of testosterone and no traction control... A no story car, even with some miles, is worth the premium.

Last edited: