Here is a photo shop of the Spectra Blue, along side the stock blue

3_spectra_blue2.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
This month's Motor Trend has a TT Saleen in an intersting color. You might look there.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Yeah I like that burnt orange but I think if I went oranage I would go with the Valencia color seen in the thread.

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
IMO, this is the best so far in here:

2_Forsythe_Racing_blue_upload.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Maybe silver or dark blue stripes on this pretty light blue. Or gold?

GT350s

Apr 19, 2006
Orange stripes.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
That light blue I did in photo shop to mimick the Forsythe racing blue. I always loved that blue but it does not do it for me on the GT.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I can't believe you guys put a pink & purple GT on here... :frown (Please tell me you're not considering this for your "custom" color!) The last time I saw a car like that was on that chick's road racing car from "The Fast & The Furious"... Sorry if I'm offending someone who likes those colors...

Not that my opinion really matters, but the yellow w/silver stripe I actually really like on the convertible GT & if I were to get one of them, that's probably what I'd go with. The sharp blue shown in some of the earlier photos (not the light blue) I also like a lot, though blue seems to be becoming more & more popular. I think the light blue w/the heritage looks sharp, but a light colored stripe on a light colored car might not work too well & there aren't many dark colored stripes that seem to compliment the light blue. I do like the orange color as a compliment, but why not then just go w/the heritage look rather than the stripe? The red & white stripe I love on the hardtop GT's, but again, it just doesn't look quite right as a convertible.

I have to say, I'm enjoying all the pix! You guys are being awfully creative w/those colors!!!! :biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey, get the PINK color, you can be assured that your car will be the only one of its kind, I really "collectors" car. Think of the resale value!

BlackICE

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Hey BlackIce,

Since you seem so enthusiastic over it, why don't you take the plunge & get a pink 2nd GT. Who knows? It might not go over so badly in San Fran. And then... We could call you "PinkIce". :lol

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If I did that, I may make too many "friends" if you know what I mean. The car would be popular in some neighborhoods though. It would be a really eye catcher. However I get all of the attention I want with my standard color GT. Anywhy I prefer coupes vs. a open top cars.

BlackICE, not soon to be Pink.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Piccolla, the colors was quick photo shop work I did and quite frankly I did not like any of them :frown

It's interesting to see them in wierd colors but I won't be getting one of those. I am leaning towards the Valencia Oranage. it's a sharp looking car with a retro feel color, that stands out but is not bling.