I need feedback on these two custom colors for my GTX1

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I need feedback on these custom colors for my GTX1

Guys the car is ordered, options chosen and I am still having doubts. The red is over the top magazine cool but this blue with white stripes is what I wanted as well.

Just a quick poll on the colors.

This type Blue or Red

Chrome Red (a hot wheels color, this is not a real Ferrari color)

redchrome.jpg

Blue

bentley_continentalgt_coupe_2006_38.jpg

Last edited:

rsilverman

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
new jersey
Color

Personally, I prefer the blue
Rob

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
The two colors are totally different animals, one providing an outrageous Lambo-look and the other subtle and perhaps even a bit 'tre elegant'. I should shut up however; for me there are only two colors in the auto universe, black and everything else. Best of luck with your decision, no matter what, you'll have a very special car! :cheers

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Would the chrome red 'cheapen' the look a bit? Not sure. I think KJD is right about the Lambo look - it really works on a Murcielaglo or Zonda, outrageous looking animals. Lambos look superb in mint green, yellow, orange etc

The GT is impactful looking, but also very classic. I'd go for the blue with a stripe....

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Thanks for the feedback guys, I think I found a blue I like better .

Spectra Blue

DSC04604.jpg

DSC04588.jpg

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
So you have already chosen the color on the car and to get it repainted something you like better or you are trying to decide which color to order from the start?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I have sent the car to get the GTX1 upgrade (Roadster, hardtop convertible etc). I have the opportunity to choose a unique color.

92NSX

Mar 22, 2006
MK2_GT said:
I have sent the car to get the GTX1 upgrade (Roadster, hardtop convertible etc). I have the opportunity to choose a unique color.

That is awesome. Please post pics when done.

Pipelion

MK2,

brutal color! :cheers

Allan

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Lovely...

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
The spectra blue...what car/year does that come from? Looks something like a Lexus blue I have seen.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Bart it is a Lexus color, nice catch :thumbsup

I do disagree about the exotic colors though, the GT would look sweet in anything really, check this orange one out:

oranage2.jpg

orange1.jpg

Also, I think in the old fashion MOPAR Red/Orange with black stripe might look killer as well but not the exact shade (for obvious reasons). Before anyone freaks out on a MOPAR color for the Ford, keep in mind that the Mustang Boss cars 69-70 had a similar color so I am not syaing this exact color. :wink

CN006_004DG.jpg

Last edited:

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Can't you have the conversion done without changing the color? I would want the original color, But I like the color of my car. I would go with the Blue in this scenario.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
MK2_GT said:
Bart it is a Lexus color, nice catch :thumbsup

I do disagree about the exotic colors though, the GT would look sweet in anything really, check this orange one out:

oranage2.jpg

orange1.jpg

Also, I think in the old fashion MOPAR Red/Orange with black stripe might look killer as well but not the exact shade (for obvious reasons). Before anyone freaks out on a MOPAR color for the Ford, keep in mind that the Mustang Boss cars 69-70 had a similar color so I am not syaing this exact color. :wink

CN006_004DG.jpg
The conversion is Cool, I have thought about, But the Orange is Hideous.IMHO

WHealy

Jan 10, 2006
Carmel, IN
A copule quick attempts ...

fordgtred.gif

fordgtblue.gif

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Whealey good work, It gave me a good idea to ge to work in photo :wink

here are wierd colors (don't like any myself)

Blue
2_True_blue_upload.jpg

Yellow white stripe
2_yellow_white_stripe_upload.jpg

Forsythe racing blue

2_Forsythe_Racing_blue_upload.jpg

Green
2_green_upload.jpg

Pink
2_Pink_upload.jpg

Neon Green
2_neon_green_upload.jpg

Purple
2_purple_purple.jpg

Last edited:

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I actually like the greens (sorry). I was thinking about this thread yesterday and was even thinking something like a British racing green.

The blue was pretty, but the GT is not supposed to be pretty. It is supposed to shout.

One thing I have noticed about different colors is that some of them loose the lines of the car, like the darker blue here. You "see" the car with the green, yellow, etc.

Nice job on doing those color pictures :cheers

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Green is cool ,in fact I made a hunter green pic that is pretty cool. I just said "Puke" green because i was making up names of colors. It's just not for me. I made some other different colors, maybe I'll add them this weekend when I get home.

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
what about flat black, or some combination with a satin finish on the aluminum panels?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
I want a lighter color. I had a black C5 that I loved and I plan on getting another black car but not the Ford GT. I am actually leaning towards the Valencia color (Orange) . I really want somethign different , yet not bling.