I hate idiots rant……….car keyed!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"The thing about the world today is a guy with a car like yours could just as easily be three payments behind and be close to having the thing repossessed." :lol Which made me laugh because he was right. You never truly know someone's circumstances and if they are living the good life or living hand to mouth trying to project an image.

'Couldn't agree more.

I've never understood "what gives" with the guy who's new Benz is worth more than his house, if you get my drift (and it's usually a safe bet the Benz is leased in a case like that, too). Of course the OTHER extreme exists as well - and is probably more common place. Eg: Howard Hughes was known to drive old beater Chevies...and Clint Eastwood usually drives around in an old pickup truck. So, like you said, one really just never knows.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
'Couldn't agree more.

I've never understood "what gives" with the guy who's new Benz is worth more than his house, if you get my drift (and it's usually a safe bet the Benz is leased in a case like that, too). Of course the OTHER extreme exists as well - and is probably more common place. Eg: Howard Hughes was known to drive old beater Chevies...and Clint Eastwood usually drives around in an old pickup truck. So, like you said, one really just never knows.

Warren Buffet is the perfect example of one really never knows.

Another good example is a wealthy person in WA (not B. Gates) that appears to never drive, claims to have empty pockets, but you would never guess what he has tucked away in his garage!

Last edited:

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
A woman once told me she scratched her ex-boyfriends car because he dumped her. Any recent dumps?

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Better that than smashing it with coconuts. :eek :lol

No bitter ex's here.......at least not on the west coast. :bored

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Oh my gosh Tom! Sorry to hear about your car.
Not that this will make you feel better about the situation, but think about this - What if it was the GT? Good thing you decided to get those TTs on your GT. :thumbsup (How's that for helping rationalize the cost of the kit.)

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
Oh my gosh Tom! Sorry to hear about your car.
Not that this will make you feel better about the situation, but think about this - What if it was the GT? Good thing you decided to get those TTs on your GT. :thumbsup (How's that for helping rationalize the cost of the kit.)

Final dyno tune Saturday :banana then a 130 mile get acquainted drive home. :banana :banana Three weeks to play around on my personal testing grounds and get used to her before Mojave. :thumbsup Can't wait!!

Are you and Monica staying at the Mariah??? I am coming in on Friday. We should grab dinner one night. :cheers

WALKING TALL 2

Apr 8, 2009
North Carolina
Thanks for the replies guys.....and the obligatory EP garage joke. I knew that was coming. :lol

Just a quick comment on the side topic of this thread. Jealousy/anger at those who have nice things. When I was a kid you aspired to be the guy in the great car or who had the great job. You worked to get there. You were not jealous of him.

Someone asked me at a C&C what I do to be able to afford a car like the GT. I hate that question and usually answer "I work mostly seven days a week all year long." to which he replied "I need my weekends off." To which I politely replied "You can't work a 40hr week and get ahead." .....and I don't think you ever could. I am not jealous of anything anyone else has because I don't know what they have to do to live that life. I have not had a 40hr a week job since I was 19. It does not exist in my world.

My neighbor had a good observation as we grumbled about my car. "The thing about the world today is a guy with a car like yours could just as easily be three payments behind and be close to having the thing repossessed." :lol Which made me laugh because he was right. You never truly know someone's circumstances and if they are living the good life or living hand to mouth trying to project an image. All I know is the car is repaired and back in my garage waiting for my next trip to Vegas to be driven and parked wherever the heck I want to go. :cheers

Sorry to here about your misfortune, but at least you have a good attitude about your horrible situation. Your comment above were you mention about working nearly 7 days a week reminds of a TV show "Gene Simmons Family Jewels." Gene said "they a 365 days a year and if you work 365 days a year your making lots of money." I don't see how some people can get by on 40 hours or even less. You definately couldn't have the very nice toys (cars).

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Final dyno tune Saturday :banana then a 130 mile get acquainted drive home. :banana :banana Three weeks to play around on my personal testing grounds and get used to her before Mojave. :thumbsup Can't wait!!

Are you and Monica staying at the Mariah??? I am coming in on Friday. We should grab dinner one night. :cheers

We are staying at a near by park with our motor home. We would love to meet you for dinner. We will be there Friday for sure and dinner either night sounds great!

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Feckin scum. It's such a cowardly act to key a nice car, completely pointless and speaks volumes about the person who did it.

As mentioned earlier, I'd really like to catch someone doing this to any car, they would wake up with a crowd around them.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Someone asked me at a C&C what I do to be able to afford a car like the GT. I hate that question and usually answer "I work mostly seven days a week all year long." to which he replied "I need my weekends off." To which I politely replied "You can't work a 40hr week and get ahead." .....and I don't think you ever could. I am not jealous of anything anyone else has because I don't know what they have to do to live that life. I have not had a 40hr a week job since I was 19. It does not exist in my world :cheers

My standard repsonse is "work very hard, save your money, marry rich or win the lotto"

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
My standard repsonse is "work very hard, save your money, marry rich or win the lotto"

...or, there's always the ski mask & .45 option...

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
...or, there's always the ski mask & .45 option...

I prefer not to use the threat of violence to add to the family fleet...............

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I prefer not to use the threat of violence to add to the family fleet...............

'Didst not intend to even IMPLY thou wouldest, oh great sage. 'Was simply mentioning what SOME consider a workable option. :bow

CH53Driver

Shelby GT500 owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 20, 2008
Arkansas.

I like that one though the first two are probably much easier to do than the last two!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
No one said it would be easy