I found it.... Bought my new Ford GT yesterday

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
1 of 28
1 of 101

Official Euro car, 1,000 miles..... Midnight blue.... It's like brand new, I am really excited!

Now I have all this upgrades that I am not sure what to do with....

Trans cooler and dampers are easy to swap in and out, but I am not sure what to do with the AP brakes (I am not going to track this car) but most importantly the Whipple.

Anyone wants a 4.0L with less than 1,000 miles on it :thumbsup ?

Last edited:

GTforever

Dec 7, 2007
Germany
Hi Matteo,
I`am interested in the 4.0L Whipple and the AP brakes!
Please E-mail me the stuff which You want to sale ( Hanns@minx-mode.de)

Regards
Hanns

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yee ha!!
That's excellent news.
Enjoy your new Gt
I can relate to not wanting to turn your Gt in to a track whore.I just purchased a Boss 302 Laguna Seca for that same reason.So my question is .What are you going to use for the track?
Anyway ,best of luck with the new Gt

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
I can relate to not wanting to turn your Gt in to a track whore.I just purchased a Boss 302 Laguna Seca for that same reason.So my question is .What are you going to use for the track?

this....
MH001.jpg

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
^^^ Wow Matteo, that 911 is gorgeous. As is, I'm sure, your new midnight blue GT. Sweet.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Hi Matteo,
I`am interested in the 4.0L Whipple and the AP brakes!
Please E-mail me the stuff which You want to sale ( Hanns@minx-mode.de)

Regards
Hanns

email sent

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Why exactly do you want to get rid of those upgrades?

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
The AP Calipers it is because the discs and pads are worn, whilst the the ones on the car are as you can imagine new....
But I just found out that the heat shields are damaged and the front calipers are showing some excessive flex so they are not good for resale.....

The Whipple.... I think it may be too much for me.... I want to start back from the beginning.... and work my way up.... I may just keep it though.... for when I am ready again... :biggrin

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I would just keep the Whipple on the car. It won't be too much for you. Its power is there when you want it and not when you don't.

My GT was my first sports car ever. I was quite concerned when I got it how I could handle the power.
Needless to say, I pullied and tuned it week 1, and Whippled it shortly there after.
If it weren't for the cost, I'd probably TT it now.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the fraternity of GT owners. Please, Please, Please be careful until you learn this car. We want you to enjoy it for many years to come.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Congratulations!:cheers Pictures when you get a chance?
:biggrin

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the fraternity of GT owners. Please, Please, Please be careful until you learn this car. We want you to enjoy it for many years to come.

I have been in the GT fold for 5 years... My old Ford GT passed away on the racetrack, at Silversone, last month. It had been with me for a long time and we had great memories together.

I used it everyday and it had racked up 30k miles up until last month.

This one that I found is completely stock and somehow I am wondering leaving it as it is (my old one had every mod available for the GT done to it, from bumper delete to racing fans, tranny cooler, Whipple, short shift kit, 3-way adj dampers, hot buttons, CF scoops etc....).

The deliberation about the Whipple it is because the spin that put it into the pit wall at Silverstone is still fresh in my memory, and I am rationalizing it by saying that it was a bit much for me....

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
Congratulations!:cheers Pictures when you get a chance?
:biggrin

Picking i up next week.... Will do for sure!

FordGT4fun

Congratulations Matteo, you must be very lucky finding a european delivery with only 1000 miles, midnight blue is a good choice do you have with or without stripes?
By the way the 911 looks awesome it´s a 3.0 RSR (1973) ?
Regards

Pierre

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
It had side stripes (but previous owner took them off). I have always like stripes better (on the hood, roof and clamshell as well, not only side stripes), so debating whether to paint them on or not.

The 911 is a '74...

Last edited:

BelgianGT

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2010
Belgium
A man with taste = a midnight blue gt ! congrats on the new ride.

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
congrats Matteo :thumbsup

and greetz from St Tropez ! already sun-burnt on the boat... in the UK to ? :lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Is it a real RSR or a replica?
Nice choice either way!
You could say I have some experience in 911”s!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It had side stripes (but previous owner took them off). I have always like stripes better (on the hood, roof and clamshell as well, not only side stripes), so debating whether to paint them on or not.

The 911 is a '74...

Happy to hear you found a replacement. There is a company that makes a nice vinyl stripe kit for the GT. I couldn't bring myself to paint my CF hood so I put silver metallic vinyl stripes on it and people think they are painted on. The silver is a good match to the factory silver stripes. The Blue car with the silver stripes would be really cool ( Neil R. liked it !! ) or just go with the tried and true white. They will also make you a matching side stripe. Since you are a Porsche fan you may like the font I used for my custom graphic .. :biggrin http://www.autotrimdesign.net .. PM me if you want my direct contact there. At least go pulley and tune on the new car !! :thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_1477.jpg
    IMG_1477.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 339
  • IMG_1536.jpg
    IMG_1536.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 320
Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Well done mate - glad the insurance worked out and that you found a new one!