"I didn't get picked to buy a NGT" sour grapes thread

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
I'm just happy to be involved. Going to the rally last fall, Daytona, and now Lemans is like a dream for me. Not felling much pressure towards the new car. If it happens I would be shocked,if it doesn't what do I have to complain about.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I'm not worried about it, they'll give me one out of pure sympathy.

...but speaking of Ferrari chat, isn't time for the annual Banister-Rant on that side of the web? hmmm, where was that link?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Is it possible......

It's just a waste of precious time and energy to stress to much about it. As terribly bad as I want the NFGT, I am just stoked for Ford bringing it back and going racing again. When the 05/06's came out, I had the same thoughts and sat on the sidelines, thinking by the time I get a chance they will be history. Now pleasantly, how wrong I was. In my opinion there is no such thing as an inferior FGT.

Gentlemen,

All the above is true of course, but my visualization has made it so real that it could take months to shake off. From the day the NFGT was introduced I could see a bright yellow NFGT with black stripes and #34 on the doors parked in front of my favorite restaurants, looking out over the hood on the road during Arizona GT Getaways, on the track at Rally 11, and proudly sitting next to '06 #34 in my garage. I feel like it's already an old friend, I know what it's like to drive, to sit in, to own. In my mind the money has already been spent, the car spec'd, built, and delivered. I remember the thrill when the transport pulled up to the front of my home, Charley flew in from Texas to be there, and how great it was when the lift gate was opened and I saw it for the first time. It's all real.

It will take more than a "Thank you for your interest but...." letter to shatter such certainty. It would require at least 10 sessions with a psychotherapist, Suicide Hotline on speed dial, and a bulk purchase of Zoloft. But hey, I'm a survivor! Certainly no trail for a stepper like me. :willy :willy :willy

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I don't know what would stress me out more: Not getting one, or, getting one. :)

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'm going to live the dream until the wheels fall off. So until Ford says they will make no more and my phone/email has not chimed I'm believing. You can believe that!!

Vince H

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
I don't know what would stress me out more: Not getting one, or, getting one. :)

Haha, are you serious? Has Ford fulfilled your requirements list yet? I mean, how could you possibly still be interested without having seen the final specs and performance figures etc.?

Too funny

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I'm going to live the dream until the wheels fall off. So until Ford says they will make no more and my phone/email has not chimed I'm believing. You can believe that!!

Vince H

Exactly. I am still waiting for the Red Rider BB gun I was supposed to get from Santa when I was eight. One year, I will get it. I am a patient optimist !

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I was once a proponent of the 'who you know' thing. Now I can totally blame the high tech application process.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 454

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Exactly. I am still waiting for the Red Rider BB gun I was supposed to get from Santa when I was eight. One year, I will get it. I am a patient optimist !

We will send you a BB gun once we see you can be good... still waiting :biggrin

GeeTee

GT Owner
Jul 5, 2015
All the applications seem so good and so many deserving people out there. Tough job to choose no doubt. Make more Ford!!

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1103848_ford-gt-application-videos-start-hitting-the-web

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Well said.

And everyone probably knows this quote, "You miss 100% of the shots that you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky.

I agree though, to pursue something like this, it takes a lot of thought and soul searching. If you mentally commit to a challenge, you have to go all out. And if you don't get it, it can be hard to let it go, to wonder what if.

On another note, that is the beauty of having dreams and pushing oneself toward them.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Here's a mounted one from the movie (Christmas Story) - It hangs above the closet in my guest bedroom.

View attachment 42408

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Haha, are you serious? Has Ford fulfilled your requirements list yet? I mean, how could you possibly still be interested without having seen the final specs and performance figures etc.?

Too funny

Still need specs. Emails have been evasive. Can't buy it if it won't fit in the garage.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Still need specs. Emails have been evasive. Can't buy it if it won't fit in the garage.

What is the width of your garage?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Standard 8', trimmed out. The 06 fits with about 3" on each side.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, it will fit. You can now accept your allocation. :lol

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Yes, it will fit. You can now accept your allocation. :lol

too funny...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Dave, could you please go out and measure the width of the entry door to your building? Need to ensure my new GT will fit. After viewing it in person/on the ground, the GT looks really wide! ;-))

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave, could you please go out and measure the width of the entry door to your building? Need to ensure my new GT will fit. After viewing it in person/on the ground, the GT looks really wide! ;-))

It will also fit in here.

If not, I've got a sledgehammer and concrete block is cheap.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'll do the remodel for free... if mine can be parked there too (when on the right coast)