How much of interior is Leather/Vinyl?

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
I wanted to get other member's opinions as to the materials used in the interior. My speculation is that the seats are leather surfaced(as per the owners manual). I wonder how much of the remaining interior is leather or vinyl. Right now, I tend to think that only the seats are leather and that the rest is vinyl. Does anybody know for sure?

If there is vinyl in the interior, what are you using to care for it? The surface is more of a matte/dull finish. I don't think I want to use a product that makes it shine. Opinions please.

As far as the leather on the seats, thats easy. There are lots of good leather conditioners on the market and I am sure everyone has their own favorite.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No vinyl in this car! It's all leather. Recommendation here has been no leather treatments. Many old threads about this - do a search.

Craig

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2006
San Diego
The dash is all leather as well as the door panels, and kick panels on the side of the foot well.

Craig

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Most leather seats in vehicles are (seat surfaces only). Tomy

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Seats all leather
Dash leather
Footwell surrond leather
Door outline
A pillar / roof forward
Steering whhel
e-Boot in concept?

There was a Ford web-site that listed the areas

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Seats all leather
Dash leather
Footwell surrond leather
Door outline
A pillar / roof forward
Steering whhel
e-Boot in early cars?

There was a Ford web-site that listed the areas

FYI

I have 05 number 32 in my facility at this time and the ebrake boot is rubber as are the later build

Takes care

Shadowman

Last edited:

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Thanks guys

I appreciate the quick responses. I thought that the car might have a leather dash, but usually leather dashes do not last very long in use due to the sun. So now I know the interior is basically all leather.

I did a search and found that many people recommend that the modern leather finishes not be treated with conditioner. The Owner Manual does specify that Ford recommends using conditioner. So at his stage, I think I will just keep it clean and let it go at that.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The car has better leather than my $4000 Knoll Barcelona Lounge Chair

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Two over the counter products I like for interior detailing.

Meguiars Interior Detailer Spray bottle ( Black Bottle )
A nice lite spray that is not oily, leaves a fresh scent and adds some depth to the leather on the doors/dash, but can be used on all surfaces. I have not used it on the seats in the GT, but no complaints in the BMW.

Eagle1 Nano protectant for vinyl and leather. Spray. Blue bottle silver trigger. This one is a bit thicker liquid, not oily, but you can tell there is a little more to it.

Both are streak free and have some anti-dust properties. Protect from UV, streak free clear liquid sprays. Both are available at Autozone or other retail parts stores.

I have been using these for awhile now as I really do not like armor all or any oily interior sprays. My favorite leather treament conditioner is Leather in a Bottle by Zaino. Works well, conditions as dries to a non-oily finish. Again, I have not tried it on the GT as it sits inside and needs nothing at this point. But I do like it on the other drivers around the house.

BTW : Barry Meguiar has a Black GT, but don't let that influence your decision:thumbsup

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
One part that is plastic is the long pieces about 6" wide that run the legnth of the interior under the center console. These are wrapped in "plastic"