How many members will pay 400K and are interested in buying new GT..

Priced at ~$375k with ~1200 units produced, would you buy the new GT?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 37.5%

• Total voters

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
I doubt anyone has enjoyed their GT as much as Ralphie , (maybe Jeff) , and like me he drives the damn thing. I already have 2200 miles on a two month old Lambo, and it would be more if I didn't have to travel all over the country to pay for it.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
CGT driving dynamics are not really that "strange" especially on modern tires. I've had mine for 3 years and it is a keeper like the FGT. 10+ yr old, but styling and design still relevant. I may be totally wrong, but I don't think prices are going back down too far even if a pricing "bubble" exists. Maybe 500 cars in the US.

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
I have the money and i will buy one / it may not be a year one car but if FoMoCo does a five year run I will end up buying a brand new one at some point during the production run

SGB

stephen_becker

Permanent Vacation
Jan 26, 2006
atlanta, ga & charleston, sc
Anybody heard anything further about Ford possibly offering first shot at the cars to original documented verifiable owners of 05/06 cars?

SGB

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Anybody heard anything further about Ford possibly offering first shot at the cars to original documented verifiable owners of 05/06 cars?

SGB

I don't think there was ever anything to hear further about. Their allocation system is yet unknown.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Dave,
Put me on the list!!��

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
By far, the biggest production volume $400k car on the market is the Aventador. Lamborghini has easily sold 4,000+ units of that car since 2012, and it's a pretty safe bet they won't run into trouble selling the 600 $485k base MSRP Aventador SVs. A large number of Aventador Roadsters already cross the $500k mark, and I'm willing to bet the vast majority of SVs have a sticker price well north of $500k as well

The full 600 unit Aventador SV production run has already been sold out.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
The full 600 unit Aventador SV production run has already been sold out.

<-----One of those is going to this guy

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
I am a Dealer who has no idea if I would ever get allocation for the new GT. With that being said, I have had two people approach me asking to buy one from me. The first one offered me $100,000 over sticker and the other ask if they could buy for $20,000 over sticker. My point is, there is a huge interest in this car and customers are throwing dollar figures around without even knowing how or when these cars will be on the street. I think this car will for sure sell out quick but maybe not to our regular Ford owners. Both of these gentleman belong to exotic car clubs in my area and are willing to throw money at this car without even seeing it in person. The only issue with this whole thing is, I will be lucky as hell to even get one! If so, it is already spoken for!! lol

Mike Anderson

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
If I was a dealer and got one, it would be going right in my garage!!! I expect this to happen quite often. So how many of the 250/year will actually be for sale?

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
The few GTs dealers are going to let us have, are going to exchange hands at $600k plus...I'm out.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
The few GTs dealers are going to let us have, are going to exchange hands at $600k plus...I'm out.

Assuming you have a net worth of $20 million and buy a new Ford GT at $600K (if you're lucky) you will have 3% of your net worth tied up in one car. I don't have that kind of money, but I would suspect a lot of people here do, and I wish them the best of luck in acquiring one.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I really don't expect the dealers to see them! They never saw a GT40 to sell. I expect (or hope that) if a dealer wishes to own one, he will have to pay Ford the same as a everyone else. If he wishes to sell it, there will be a term for which Ford will have the 1st option to buy it back, along with all other owners.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
For the millions of dollars and lifetime that most Ford dealers invest in their independently owned and operated franchises, they should have the option to sell themselves a special car, for a discounted price if they choose to forego the profit of selling it to a customer. As opposed to a consumer with no investment of similar magnitude in Ford. Seriously, think about the commitment difference. As much as I would like to add the new Ford GT to my collection, it makes sense to me that my boss/owner should have first dibs! Most owners have to personally guarantee everything the dealership owes. I just contribute my 60 hours/week, not millions of capital too.

1434gt

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2006
:rofl:rofldebtdrives 60 hours /week? no time to drive the gt .

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Lol. Where you been Eli?

GT Owner
Jun 26, 2006
Jumping in late.... I work for a Ford dealer that got six 2005-2006s (I bought one). Getting two Mustang GT350s and one R. I reckon we'll get at least one new GT, hoping more.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just FYI, there was a regular 488 GTB in the Road and Track Performance Car of the Year test and the window sticker was $347,942.

Want to know what an F12 TdF cost? Find a way to get one; when it shows up they'll tell you. :lol

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
My concern are the restrictions of ownership Ford will impose. I don't mind reasonable time limitations but if I have $450k+ in a car it better be brief and reasonable.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
My concern are the restrictions of ownership Ford will impose. I don't mind reasonable time limitations but if I have $450k+ in a car it better be brief and reasonable.

Sure.. you can keep it as long or as short as you want.. maybe just have to give Ford first dibbs.
Or are you just looking to profit?