How many members will pay 400K and are interested in buying new GT..

Priced at ~$375k with ~1200 units produced, would you buy the new GT?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 37.5%

• Total voters

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Sure.. you can keep it as long or as short as you want.. maybe just have to give Ford first dibbs.
Or are you just looking to profit?

Not looking to profit but if I have near 1/2 million in an asset, maybe more with tax I want to know what the restrictions will be. I think it would be foolish not to ask for the terms before you decide to part with that much hay. Maybe others are so flush with green or such wild eyed enthusiasts it doesn't matter to them. To me it does.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm sure the contract will be spelled out before signing it. I'm confident Ford will buy back the car for what you have in it or fair market value.

Remember Ford is doing this for a few reasons: they want the cars on the road, in shows, at Cars-Coffee events, at open tracks, in front of a restaurant, etc (not in deep storage in a car vault) & the other reason is Ford wants to reward us, their brand loyal- GT owning customers. Now that's an honor that humbles me!

Ed

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
My pockets are about as deep as a conversation with a housecat. I won't sell my soul, but I will rent it out to get one if deemed worthy - so put me in the wild eyed group (and I initially hated the idea of this car.. then details emerged).

Every week (possible exaggeration) another no mile GT comes up or another photo of someone who owns multiples that doesn't drive them.. TEN YEARS LATER! True or not, I like the idea of Ford protecting against a repeat. I may have to survive on Top Ramen, but I'll drive it like I stole it.

Now.. who offers huge a$$ loans on cars again?

:leaving: uh oh.. it's my wife.

Last edited:

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I'm down like four flats!

McFord

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 3, 2015
Northeast Pennsylvania
Im IN MCFORD

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Jeffie & I will have no problem with driving our allocations all over the USA through all the small towns. We'll also be at car shows, race tracks and most other places where exotic cars congregate. And, hopefully, we'll put enough miles on them to require a lot of service!

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Even tough I am as fiscally conservative as they come, but if I should be so lucky I would definitely not pass up on this opportunity.

Sure, thats a big chunk of change 400K plus, even for the very wealth to justify for a set of wheels
(except maybe for the the easy come easy go rock star/athlete types).

But if one changes his/her perspective, it makes perfect sense, if you can do it, go for it. Lets face it, none of us are getting any younger and you for sure can't take with you, when was the last time you saw a hearse with U-Haul on the back!

I would drive my NFGT all I could and join the Jeff and Ralphie club. How much you drive and mileage should not be a factor with an EcoBoost motor, even with all that horse power its most likely still a 200K plus mile plus engine. The first to arrive at that is the winner!

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Initially, I was not a fan, but that could have been the fact that the only pictures of the car I saw were in blue (not bagging on blue cars, just not my preference). The nude carbon look and the red have caught my eye and my imagination. Begin from Detroit and growing up with relatives, in-laws and family friends working at ford or for Ford suppliers and getting the A-Plan and X-Plan have given me the opportunity to own many ford vehicles throughout my life. My wife has always driven a Ford, and currently drives an Expedition. I have now owned my 2005 FGT for three years and I love it. I dive the FGT to shows and you can find me on the road driving it every weekend, usually with one of my sons as co-pilot. I will definitely be on the “hopeful ownership list” and will make it work if ever selected. Not in it to make a profit, just want to drive it. I am fine with giving Ford a right of first refusal if that is part of the agreement because I don’t plan on selling it. I would have to sell one of my cars, not my 2005 FGT, to pay for the NFGT (need garage space). Most difficult part of the potential ownership would be talking the wife into it.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Wasn't sold on the NFGT until I saw the cup holders at the rally. All chips in now.

We are definitely in. When my wife first saw it at Rally X in Dearborn, she turned to me and said "It's beautiful, let's buy one!" I could NOT believe it, she's not a car person at all. And even though it has been months, she still wants one. Can't wait to find out how to apply!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I have already began to look at accommodations on how to free up funds to purchase one if we were so lucky as to make the cut. It would be an honor to drive the new GT near and far and essentially be an ambassador for Ford and the GT. (Something all of us already do with great pride.) It's Fords and America's greatest automotive achievement. Damn right I would show it off.

Vince H

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
My 05 needs a stablemate! Besides my daughter is wating for my 05 to be passed on to her. It would just be easier and equitable to have the new GT passed on to my son ! Then I am done and can spend the rest in the meantime!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
We Can All Dream, Can't We! No one Can Charge Us For That Can They? When You Stop Dreaming Life Gets Really Boring! Good Luck Dreamers.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Internet commentary is great reading going back to the months leading up to the reveal, the actual reveal, the period after approximate volume was detailed, and finally the period after the allocation announcement at the Rally.

:lol

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I just re-read them. You are right DBK! LOL

Ed

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just re-read them. You are right DBK! LOL

Ed

Times change, opportunities change, opinions change. :biggrin

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Times change, opportunities change, opinions change. :biggrin

Guilty as charged!

In my world that would be referred to as 'forming consensus' vs 'seeking consensus'.

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
well I am way in for a shot after seeing it at the rally. waiting for early 2016 to fill out the paper work for my shot at that beauty. Need to sell 1 canr for a spot a spot ... I am happy this post really got the juices flowing.. GO ford Go

Ryan

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I have always remained more than optimistic that Ford would do the right thing and do what made the most sense and reward the loyal followers. In this day and age you don't see that to much anymore but Ford has shown us it's more than about the money. Can't wait to see these cars on the road !!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I have always remained more than optimistic that Ford would do the right thing and do what made the most sense and reward the loyal followers. In this day and age you don't see that to much anymore but Ford has shown us it's more than about the money. Can't wait to see these cars on the road !!

That is a problem, you see, since the interested members of the forum alone would commit all of at least the first year's US allocation, if not total production. They won't allow that either.

We'll see what the "points" system looks like.