How Fast Will the 08 ACR Be?

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
For those of you that have ordered and taking delivery of the ACR soon, are you guys paying any premium over MSRP? I just have a very very nasty thought that I can make room in my garage by getting rid of the Challenge Stradale and use the money to get an ACR AND a GTR. As the GTR can be left outside of the garage.

Call Woodhouse Dodge and speak to Bill Pemberton. That's where I am getting mine from. First time I have dealt with him, and it is an MSRP deal. He may have a cancellation or two, so he is your best bet at getting one.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Ohio Viper Club had its annual dinner last Saturday and had two guest engineers from Dodge discuss the technical development of the ACR and the new drivetrain. What a Car!!! They drove the ACR down from Detroit, it is fabulous. I still have dibs on a black with red driver stripe, but I have been spending money like it is water! Not sure what I will do. I can't wait to hear everyone's opinion once you guys get your cars.

Heritage Club

GT Owner
Mar 31, 2008
It's nice to see a group post real Willow times. I can vouch for a bone stock '06 Viper (mine) doing 1:32's. As for the '08 stock Viper doing 128's, that's one VERY quick (professional?) driver. I've done a 1:34 in a '04 GT3 so I would assume, the current RS with the new tires should be 2-3 seconds faster.

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
the new 08 ACR is 600hp and 560lbs torque

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Heres a Comparison of the 08 Viper and the Z06. The Z gets spanked. The ACR would destroy the Z.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/H2H-Ep1-Viper-Vs-Z06-Vette_159582.htm

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's a pretty decent video. Little bit contradictory with the comments. Says the Z06 is a little more nervy/tail happy, then give it the handling. The ACR should be a real brute. It looks like the Viper was pulling away, but it's not as good on the launch. Basically what you'd expect.

The responses to the video on the Viper/Vette sites couldn't be more different. :rofl

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
i got my info from rsportscars.com i dont know how reputable they are but i go there alot. you could check there for some more info.