How did you guys solve the ramp issues with the Bend Pak HD9

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I am getting an HD9 for the GT. How did you guys solve the ramp issue? I don't think the extended ramps from Bend Pak will do the job.

Thanks for your suggestions.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What issue? At the stock ride height there is enough clearance. I lowered mine just enough to clear the ramps. About 3/4" lower on the fronts gave me about 1/4" of space. The space got even less when I mounted Hoosiers.

Last edited:

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
I am getting an HD9 for the GT. How did you guys solve the ramp issue? I don't think the extended ramps from Bend Pak will do the job.

Thanks for your suggestions.

I have a lowered GT which will not go up the stock Bend Pak ramps without scraping. My solution was to use two 2x6x6 foot boards. If you put them under the ramps, and up against the Bend Pak front crossmember, the car will not scrape. This is not a very hi-tech solution, but it works.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
I took off the stock ramps and purchased a set of Race Ramps. They work great and you dont have to wory about those heavy steel ramps.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
My first GT was lowered (TA&A) and the current one will be, with the heavy steel ramps, I put the race ramps under the beginning of the steel ramp and no problem whatsoever. The NSX is stock height, and it's close with just the steel ramps, so I use the race ramps as well. Takes me more time to get the GT on the ramps as if I do it "perfectly" the rear tires hang over 1/2 inch on each side. Car is just wide!!!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Super high tech here..... Two by twelve boards

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I took off the stock ramps and purchased a set of Race Ramps. They work great and you dont have to wory about those heavy steel ramps.

++1 , also can be used to load a trailer easily too

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Race Ramps for me.
Best,
Mark

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
I just used a 2" x 12" cut it to the length of the ramps and cut a 45deg angles on both ends. With the rough surface of the ramps the twp pieces of wood don't move and raise up the front splitter enough to clear the lift.

John

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Which RaceRamps did you guys get for the HD9?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Rob, Do you already know that you need them? I have at least an inch of clearance driving on the base steel ramps. Plenty of room over the rolling jack too.

Edit: Oops! Just saw your post on the 4 post lift thread.

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Awesome, thank you...just ordered a set.