Houston Half Mile Shootout - Saturday, May 12

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I plan to be there with my Blue/Silver stripe GT. Also not running in the shootout, planning to enter the show and watch the shootout though.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'll be there in my orange McLaren - going to be playing with launch control, different shift points, aero mode etc to see what's most effective. Didn't pay for the premium time. Note that its likely to be raining - bummer, wonder if it will still go ahead if wet?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
View attachment 24749
If the red/white GT is not there look for a white Mooney N56FM and feel free to come over and climb in the cockpit.

Love the colors and quality of textures in that photograph of your plane.

Mooney56

GT Owner
Jan 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
Thanks, that picture is a collage of each plane that I have owned. The 727 in the background is the Houston Rockets plane.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I just saw on John's facebook page that Sean drove the car 212 mph in the HALF mile :lol ! Wow! I believe that's 7 mph faster than the 257 Texas Mile run.

:cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I just saw on John's facebook page that Sean drove the car 212 mph in the HALF mile :lol ! Wow! I believe that's 7 mph faster than the 257 Texas Mile run.

Wow, it took me 1.3 miles with a running start to do that!

Can't wait to see what it will do in the full mile.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Wow awesome!!!!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I had to leave after Seans first run and man he was hooked up. He said his first run was the best run he's ever made. Traction was perfect the entire 1/2 mile, great shifts and all. Fastest run before I left. Lambos were runing 190 to 202. I'm sure you will hear of even bettet times this afternoon although its getting warmer here in houston. Sean said the Gt has more in it! John I'm sure will post additional runs. Go SEAN GO. Tomy

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Any new updates from this afternoons runs at the 1/2 mile run in Houston?

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Best we had was 212.9 at the half mile. We did run a 211.3 but had issues with boost not working in 3rd and forth as programmed. Would have been a killer run. Car ran well and can't say enough about Mihovetz and Kevin Kesterson at Hennessey Performance. Sean was really hoping for 215 and the car has it for sure but we will save that for the next mile event....

Mark H.

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Here is some of the Mullet Media.

Runway is very smooth and traction is pretty good.

I was having issues with the rear end skating all over the place as you can see in the vids. Rear end of the car needs to be raised and a fresh set of ET streets. Had to lift on all runs. First run the plugs were fouled, changed them before the second run.

The wife and kids hired the helicopter and went for a ride and snapped a couple photos.

Looking forward to doing the full mile on this runway. :)

[video=youtube;ZN3zvQrYHeo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN3zvQrYHeo[/video]

[video=youtube;zIYgYc76SZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIYgYc76SZk[/video]

e418bbf1.jpg

Fracman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Houston, TX
Wow, great runs Jason and Mark!

John, congrats on a successful Houston event and the first of what I hope will be many!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Nice runs and an overall great event. The level of organization was as if it had been going on for years. Looking forward to the next one.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Agree aboout the organisation, it was very nicely run, better than my last experiences at Goliad. Will be great when they convert to the full mile.
And to end the 458 vs MP4 debate, my McLaren ran consistently 10+mph faster than the Ferrari that was there too. My best run was 157.5 - not bad for a bone stock street car

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Mongrel

Was the 458 an offwhite with dark grey wheels driven by a tall guy with a Dutch accent ?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
White, black roof, yellow calipers, dark wheels. Didn't talk tor the driver.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Good friend and business associate of mine

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona

That takes a lot of power. What does his GT dyno?

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
This car is actually my 2006 White/Blue GT that is wrapped with the camo look with Sean Kennedy piloting the car. A lot of folks have asked about the power and the last time we had this car on the dyno it would not read correctly due to the type of dyno being used and the power the car makes. No doubt the car is making big power but actual numbers we don't have. When the car ran the 257.7mph at the Texas Mile it went 204 at the half mile mark. On the same tune but with better track conditions Sean was able to get the car to hook and ran 212.9mph at the Houston Half Mile. All in all, this car is some fast and built right!!! Thanks Mihovetz and Kevin at Hennessey....

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Congrats Mark, Sean and everyone involved! Simply amazing....