Hoosier R7 tires and sizes...

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
Looks like they dont make the 315/40/19 anymore, make a 345/30 and 315/35. I checked the tire calculator comparisons and the 315 is less error than the 345, just curious what yalls experience is on track with these. Looks like the still make 245/40/18 for the front so thats easy.

Any input appreciated! Never driven hoosiers on track, cant wait to see how the car handles.

Cavan

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
You should use the Forum Search feature. The custom orders for the 315/40x19 are discussed in detail. Good luck.

Ed

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I did search for hoosiers first, didnt see that, but thanks for the heads up I'll try searching for r7 maybe

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ed, The search function doesn't work well. I've searched many different "key words" that never went anywhere usable. Wasted many hours looking. My latest attempt was trying to find what car trailers people liked. Typed "car trailers" and many other key words like "NFGT trailer", etc., etc.. which never took me to anything usable. I've found the search function to be a real pain in the you know what.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ed, The search function doesn't work well. I've searched many different "key words" that never went anywhere usable. Wasted many hours looking. My latest attempt was trying to find what car trailers people liked. Typed "car trailers" and many other key words like "NFGT trailer", etc., etc.. which never took me to anything usable. I've found the search function to be a real pain in the you know what.
Forget the forum search.

In Google, type "trailer site:fordgtforum.com" (without the quotation marks) and you will be rewarded.

Then you can try Hoosier or Hoosier 315 or Hoosier group buy or terms like that, followed by site:fordgtforum.com.

You may need to get a little creative with search words to narrow down the hits.

Google is your friend. Forum search is not.

Don't forget to write down the syntax or you'll be back here in a month asking how to do it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Thanks Xcentric! I'll pass that on to Dr Frank also.

Ed

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Thanks Gary. That's a new one for me, so I hope it works better the next time I do a search.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I have an unused set of the 315/40/19 rears from the last group buy for sale. With all the rain we get in Houston, I don’t plan on using them. Let me know if you’re interested.

Edit: these are R6’s, not R7’s. I spoke with Tim Gerhardt from Hoosier and he said you can run R6’s in the back and R7’s up front without a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Agreed, I did just that at the last rally.

Edit: these are R6’s, not R7’s. I spoke with Tim Gerhardt from Hoosier and he said you can run R6’s in the back and R7’s up front without a problem.