Help! Need car seat anchor to pass Canadain inspection.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Hi all. Anyone in the Calgary, Alberta area that might have a couple of infant car seat anchors that I could borrow? I have to take my 06 FGT in for an out of country inspection before I can register it and I need child restraint anchors behind the passenger seat. Fortunately the bolt hols are there for the anchors but if anyone has a spare couple of car seat anchors or even the Ford Child restraint anchor system they could lend me for a couple of days so I could pass the federal inspection, it would be greatly appreciated.

QSS

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's a single unit with latches that fit between the seat and back.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
I know the part. I can order it through Ford but it takes two weeks to get here and where I live it could snow in two weeks so I'm trying to pass my inspections as quick as possible so I can drive the car to a car show next weekend.

I don't want to wait 2 weeks........ I NEED TO DRIVE!!!!!!!!

QSS

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Did you check with the owner to see if he has it? It's probably sitting on a shelf somewhere. Maybe borrow one from someone. I think it takes a T50. (I pulled mine out too so I could put stuff behind the pass. seat. )

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
PM me your shipping info and I will send you the GT one tomorrow.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
PM me your shipping info and I will send you the GT one tomorrow.
Dang brother. I really appreciate the help. PM sent.

QSS

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Can you install something like this from the hardware or RV store?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
USPS Intl First Class LZ002309934US to CANMORE, AB, T1W 2Y5

Reactions: B.M.F. and GKW05GT
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
USPS Intl First Class LZ002309934US to CANMORE, AB, T1W 2Y5
You my friend, are outstanding.

Thank you so much.

QSS

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Trent if your package doesn't make it...qss .I have one from 1316......we removed it for long travels and storage:)
gtjoey1314
New York don't know how long it would take.......

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
nota4re's package showed up yesterday and I'm all set for my inspections to get my car registered. So many thanks to fellow forum members. You guys rock (y)

QSS

Attachments

• 20190927_191746.jpg
    20190927_191746.jpg
    623.2 KB · Views: 12
Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Only one problem. F#ck me..........today's weather............ f#ck me hard!!!! :cry:

QSS

Attachments

• 20190927_191815.jpg
    20190927_191815.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
Reactions: viva gt

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
You are being duly punished for waiting 5 months to retrieve your 1st and newly purchased GT. Don't know anybody else that would/could do that. You live in Calgary, wait a day or two and it will be 70 degrees F.
Good Luck.

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
You are being duly punished for waiting 5 months to retrieve your 1st and newly purchased GT. Don't know anybody else that would/could do that. You live in Calgary, wait a day or two and it will be 70 degrees F.
Good Luck.
I know, I know, punishment for waiting so long. I was just so damn busy with work, getting my daughter off to university and other family stuff the new GT just had to wait.

On the bright side it's supposed to be 55 F on Tuesday ;)

QSS

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
QSS Do not worry, there will many good times ahead for you in this car. I have roughly 90,000 miles seat time in my driver plus the other 3 GT's I have owned. To make you feel better, I received my NFGT Heritage Edition K00123 on May 30 this year, and through no fault of my own, I have not driven car. Ford GT Concierge is a gong show and are now refusing to talk to me over deficiencies in my NFGT. Headliner not fitting correctly and scratches on carbon fibre. I am at a loss for words as I have lost one whole season of driving my GT. Sad Really PS Does anyone have a contact at Ford that I could call to let them know of the Ford GT Experience I have encountered. Thank you in advance..

NJGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
QSS Do not worry, there will many good times ahead for you in this car. I have roughly 90,000 miles seat time in my driver plus the other 3 GT's I have owned. To make you feel better, I received my NFGT Heritage Edition K00123 on May 30 this year, and through no fault of my own, I have not driven car. Ford GT Concierge is a gong show and are now refusing to talk to me over deficiencies in my NFGT. Headliner not fitting correctly and scratches on carbon fibre. I am at a loss for words as I have lost one whole season of driving my GT. Sad Really PS Does anyone have a contact at Ford that I could call to let them know of the Ford GT Experience I have encountered. Thank you in advance..
Can you elaborate more on your problems with the new GT specifically why you haven't been able to drive it? My order window has opened so I am interested in hearing owner experiences both good and bad before I proceed.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
NJGT I used to bleed blue, but this process has sucked it all out of me. Sad really. If Ford doesn't address acknowledged issues, I believe that it will out of my hands. It is their call.

Last edited: