Heffner Twin Turbo GT Picture.

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
This is an underhood shot of our prototype twin turbo system for the GT's. We have been testing this system for the past couple of weeks and the car is simply amazing. The base system will be set to make between 800 and 850 flywheel horsepower and is capable of making over 1200 flywheel horsepower with the appropriate engine, fuel system and driveline upgrades. Enjoy!
DSC00438.JPG

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Holy S--t! Now we're talking! :banana

How much $$$?

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Heffner Performance said:
This is an underhood shot of our prototype twin turbo system for the GT's. We have been testing this system for the past couple of weeks and the car is simply amazing. The base system will be set to make between 800 and 850 flywheel horsepower and is capable of making over 1200 flywheel horsepower with the appropriate engine, fuel system and driveline upgrades. Enjoy!
DSC00438.JPG

that is awesome. looks trick and i bet it ends up being very reliable too. so where is the intercooler located? i think for road racing this twin turbo setup is a better option for that kind of racing as the heat soak issue with a supercharger would be eliminated. so what size turbos are you runnin? T03/T04's.................

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Very nice looking. I would like to see the intake design. Are you maintaining the stock intercooler with that setup? If so, is that intake basically a box type upper, no runners?

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Another question, how are you tuning it? I see that the blow off valves are after the MAF which won't work with the stock computer, are you using a standalone on this one?

Ken

CHAD

GT Owner
Feb 17, 2006
Sarasota, FL
Another masterpiece. Well done!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That car wouldn't happen to be black and silver would it. :willy

Looks BAD ASS!

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Jason...Work of ART....please contact me with the procedures to applying this to my GT.

GARY J

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2006
Stay tuned for the video to match.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
And it just keeps getting better and better and better!!! Stunning looks and after all is sorted out, performance will be outrageous. The Viper crowd is right, Jason is da man!! :bow

Heffner Performance

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Feb 22, 2006
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. The car is running the stock ecu, in the picture I just don't have the hoses connected which route air back in front of the turbos. Frank you can call me anytime, 941-359-0900 or pm me your phone number and I'd be glad to give you a call. I'd love to get you into a TTGT, you would love it too. This car is running a pair of dual ball bearing T04 61mm turbos. We have used these in the past on other cars with remarkable success. I'll post some more pictures, dyno sheets and some videos likely next week. For now, I have to take this car for another ride. :biggrin

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
DSC00438.JPG

WOW.......that's really all I can say, except for GET THAT HEAT BLOCKIN" MUFFLER OUTTA THERE!

KenBMD

Feb 22, 2006
Thank you all for the words of encouragement. The car is running the stock ecu, in the picture I just don't have the hoses connected which route air back in front of the turbos. Frank you can call me anytime, 941-359-0900 or pm me your phone number and I'd be glad to give you a call. I'd love to get you into a TTGT, you would love it too. This car is running a pair of dual ball bearing T04 61mm turbos. We have used these in the past on other cars with remarkable success. I'll post some more pictures, dyno sheets and some videos likely next week. For now, I have to take this car for another ride. :biggrin

Very nice. Is this kit something that you only install in house or do you sell the kit for other shops to install? I'd love to talk one of my customers into this kit.

Ken

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
Looking forward to seeing how much boost and rwhp this thing has...

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
I Told You!

Bman33

GT Owner
Feb 22, 2006
Miami
wow, cant wait to see some numbers.. :cheers

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Too bad the smog Nazis in Kalifornia wouldn't like the setup. Looks like the hot setup for the ultimate horsepower, but for everyday driving a blower might be more useable. The blower having better throttle response and predictability, all be it with a lower efficiency and output.

BlackICE

Last edited:

Vic

GT Owner
Aug 5, 2005
The OC
BlackICE said:
Too bad the smog Nazis in Kalifornia wouldn't like the setup. Looks like the hot setup for the ultimate horsepower, but for everyday driving a blower might be more useable. The blower having better throttle response and predictability, all be it with a lower efficiency and output.

BlackICE

Maybe you could register the car at a friends' house in AZ? :banana

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Accually I am thinking of getting another place in NV someday. I more sanity goverment there than in CA, if there is such a thing.

BlackICE

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Try Oregon, yearly registration about 50 bucks, and if we had originally registered car there, instead of lib Calicrazia we would have saved 8% of purchase price. Wow!

On another note heffner says he is using small 61 turbos, may help turb lag and spool up time