heffner pipes or STOCK MUFFLER ??

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
hi guys please advice me on this issue shall i install a heffner catback pipes or shall i keep the stock muffler ? im talkin about only the muffler delete system

and does it realy reduces the engine temp ??
and does it realy gives u a bit of extra boost ??

ADVICE PLEASE

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I'm using the accufab. Any aftermarket pipe should help with underhood temps since they open up ventilation in the back, remove 60lbs from the back and let the car sound like a GT40 under load. My car is relatively quiet when out of boost.

Heffner does great work and his quality is top notch.

dealmaker

GT Owner
Sep 30, 2006
England
Yes to both on the Heffner - plus sounds much better! :thumbsup

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Another vote for the Heffner cat-back. Absolutely cooler operating temps and - in my opinion - best looking exhaust tips on any system; really a MUCH better look than stock.

More power? Kiinda doubt that one... Certainly not anything I could tell by normal driving.

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Not sure if it reduces temp. I seriously doubt it gives any addtional hp. However, these don't matter because the sound ALONE is worth it!! I went with the Accufab pipe. Go for it.

GTED

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
stock muffler

No to the stock muffler!

Ed

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Q1: and does it realy reduces the engine temp ??
Allows more air flow through engine compartment as the stock Muffler blocks most drafting while driving and yes proven to drop temp...

Q2: and does it realy gives u a bit of extra boost ??
Potentially - to gain the extra 20-30 HP call Torrie or others and get a stock cat back tune/ tuner. They are safe and give the "extra boost" you are looking for pre-pulley or other upgrade.

Have had a Heffner for over three years. Love the sound, looks and performance. :thumbsup

Ed summed it up - NO to Stock Muffler!

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Not sure if it reduces temp. I seriously doubt it gives any addtional hp. However, these don't matter because the sound ALONE is worth it!! I went with the Accufab pipe. Go for it.

GTED

I'm 562 at the wheels. All I have is an accufab pipe.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
I went Heffner, couldn't be happier with sound. He did pulley and tune at the same time, and I couldn't believe how it wakes the car up. Highly recommend. Just bite the bullet and do it, keep stock muffler and pulley tucked away for resale and you are good to go. And I mean go! Tips way better looking than stock.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Do it.

Weight savings + sound make it a no brainer.

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
Hello guys sorry for the late reply I ve been on a flight but after the research and everythin
And thanks to all who posted a reply here I have made my decision which is to keep the beast as it is
Cuz the heffners are loud as well as other pipes and I think ill be the person to enjoy listening to good music as well as
Keepin a nice convo with the person next to me I think these pipes will make life a lot harder for me

But I'm stil kind off would like to try it for a bit

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
Pipes arent loud when you are cruising. I had an IDA and could cruise at 80 and carry on a telephone conversation just fine.

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
Hello guys sorry for the late reply I ve been on a flight but after the research and everythin
And thanks to all who posted a reply here I have made my decision which is to keep the beast as it is
Cuz the heffners are loud as well as other pipes and I think ill be the person to enjoy listening to good music as well as
Keepin a nice convo with the person next to me I think these pipes will make life a lot harder for me

I switched back to stock from Heffner last fall. I loved it most of the time, but the car was all exhaust and I missed the blower whine and radio too often. Everyone else loved hearing it though.

Does Jason make removable baffles?

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I love my Heffner cat back! Not loud while cruising and awesome sounding when on the loud pedal:banana

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
just say no to stock

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK

Can't believe that after all the advice on here that you've bottled on the Heffner.

The sound transforms this car from wicked to awesome......if the noise doesn't do it for you then the weight and definitely the cooling should.

It really is a no brainer IMO

GTFUN

GT Owner
Aug 19, 2009
Atlanta,Ga
Love my Heffner exaust!!

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
IMO, not too loud. Only loud when flooring the car and in the higher RPM range. Normal cruising, doesn't interfere with conversation or radio.

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
I've decided to go a slightly different route and replace the stock muffler with the Ford Racing Borla Muffler and will also see about replace the Cats with the Ford Racing Cat delete pipes. Read about then looked and listened to several videos on different exhausts and decided to go this route as I'm concerned about noise level in the car. Will see and might end up being a waste of money. Hopefully not.

I'm getting the Muffler and pipes JetHot coated to help reduce heat and was wondering if I should also have the stock exhaust headers coated as well once I disassembly the exhaust?

Any comments about this setup other than I should have gone with a Heffner system?

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
I've decided to go a slightly different route and replace the stock muffler with the Ford Racing Borla Muffler and will also see about replace the Cats with the Ford Racing Cat delete pipes. Read about then looked and listened to several videos on different exhausts and decided to go this route as I'm concerned about noise level in the car. Will see and might end up being a waste of money. Hopefully not.

I'm getting the Muffler and pipes JetHot coated to help reduce heat and was wondering if I should also have the stock exhaust headers coated as well once I disassembly the exhaust?

Any comments about this setup other than I should have gone with a Heffner system?

Sounds like you should just stay stock. You are too concerned with noise. Just stay stock. Anything else will be too loud for you.:cheers