Heffner compare to Hennessey

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
And 250+ people in the country not capable of doing the job right but will take your money anyway!

Ed

Feel free to be direct with your feelings Mr. Sims :lol

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
And 250+ people in the country not capable of doing the job right but will take your money anyway!

Ed

Requires a basic set of tools, about half a day, and most people load a canned tune anyway. And in my case, my canned tune was inferior to the tune a shop that deals with $20k mustangs was able to crank out.

Now whether you want to trust your 150k car in the possession of joe blow mechanic is the root issue I'm guessing.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
What about my homeboys at ART? Todd, Dave and Cody rule.:club

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Heffner - Hennessey - GTGuys - They are all good. The "closer" is probably the key. If they weren't good, they would not be here on the site.

My moment of diplomacy.

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Couldn't be happier with Jason Heffner and his team...nicest, most professional, stand-up bunch of guys, every one! My black/no striper is smokin' hot, thanks to Heffner Performance. Good news is that while they are certainly one of the best at doing our FGT's, they are superb on our "other" high-end toys. And yes, I like the one-stop-shopping!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The Good Guys

Shadowman, Jason, John, Kendall, Kyle, Rich, Dennis, Shelby, Torrie & our other Forum Sponsors are the Good Guys. My post was a warning to beware of some people out there. I would rather ship my GT to one of the above men than take it down the street no matter how simple the job might seem to be.

Ed

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I could not agree with you more Ed.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Shadowman, Jason, John, Kendall, Kyle, Rich, Dennis, Shelby, Torrie & our other Forum Sponsors are the Good Guys. My post was a warning to beware of some people out there. I would rather ship my GT to one of the above men than take it down the street no matter how simple the job might seem to be.

Ed

Another :thumbsup Just lucky to live close to one, the Shadowman!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
This crew will work on your car!!!

Sorry, Guys, just sitting here at work having fun and listening to christmas music.

Merry Christmas. Larry Boatner

Attachments

• DSCF8107.jpg
    DSCF8107.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 273

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I like the black whipple SC!

Thugboat

GT Owner
Jan 20, 2009
Humble Texas
Thanks on the Whipple!

You know what they say!!!

"Once you go Whipple you will never go back" LOL

Larry

Lucky Loser

GT Owner
Mar 30, 2009
I'm more modest.:lol

But do you have a customer with a Mullet?
:rofl

Slow Poke

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
I think a lot of who you chose comes down to geography unless you want to ship your car accross the country. Evan Guyett (Guyett Performance) in Fresno who used to work at Whipple tuned my car and it came out wonderful. He installed a Whipple, Accufab throttle body, Ford Racing Exhaust, computer tuned it on the dyno and did a few other things to it including putting the 3M protection material on the front of the car. Came out at 720 RWHP on the dyno at Whipple in very hot weather. Evan is VERY honest, gives a lot of attention to detail, very good communicator with me through the process, gave me alternatives and described the pros and cons of each (like which exhaust to chose given my objectives) and always gets back to me with prompt and detailed communication when I ask him follow up questions. VERY competent and professional in my opinion. My understanding is he took care of Bony's car.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
You wouldn't let Michael Jackson babysit for you, would you?

Definitely not, he'd dead!:eek

Slow Poke

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2009
Bay Area
"took", as in "past tense".