Headlight removal...????

classicgamr

Nov 30, 2006
anyone know how to remove them or know where I can obtain the information??

Thanks guys!!!

fordlord

Jul 15, 2006
Headlight removal

*can't sell unauthorized copies of something Ford owns*

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I,m in - shoot me a pm with shipping costs to Canada and your address.

:cheers

66GT40

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 18, 2005
I also need a copy. PM me with info. Thanks
Jerry

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
ILL GIVE IT A GO.

1.WHEEL COMES OFF
2.INNER FENDER WELL COMES OUT, SCREWS/POP OUT PLUGS ECT.PAIN IN THE ASS, WATCH YOU DONT SCRATCH INNER FENDER PAINT LIP WHEN REMOVING.
3. REMEMBER if its the pass head lite, horns,canister and other junk has to be moved over then come , i think 3 sets of set screws , DONT ADJUST THE ADJUSTMENT SCREWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all screws go through metal brackets.
4.HAVING FUN YET? :biggrin
5. HEADLIGHT COMES OUT COMPLETE AS FULL UNIT. REALY NOTHING TO SERVICE, IF SHUTTER LIGHT IS OUT , SO MANY SEALED PARTS , COMPLETE UNIT IS THE WAY.
6. AFTER THAT REMEMBER YOU NEED THE PUSH IN PLASTIC PLUGS"NEW" FOR REINSTALL OF INNER FENDER.
ENJOY GTJOEY :thumbsup

classicgamr

Nov 30, 2006
gtjoey....something tells me you've done this b4!!!!
after just about a full day of labor, the passenger side is apart!!!!
your right!!!..PAIN IN THE ASS is an UNDERSTATEMENT!!!!!!
Thanks for your advise....... :banana

waterboy

Aug 13, 2006
The trick to pulling the wheel liners out is to push up and inboard in the center - then start working the bottom free of the fender. Like GTJOEY mentioned be real careful of the fender lip-the aluminum bends extremely easy. I recommend using two people-one to push up and in and the other to watch the ender lip and work the liner clear of the fender.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
IT WAS 1 OCLOCK IN THE AM, HAD TO PUSH THIS GUY IN A PRE VIN YELLOW BUCK GT TO KICK THE MOTOR OVER AS THE BATTERY WAS DEAD. THEN MET 2 OTHER SHADY GUYS AT A CHOP SHOP IN DETROIT THAT FOUND ANOTHER LITE THAT FELL OFF A TRUCK :biggrin THIS IS AFTER PUTTING ON A GALA EVENT AT SALEEN DRIVING HOME AT 9 AT NITE, ONLY TO GET BACK TO HOTEL BY 2, THEN WAKE UP AT 5 AM TO MEET EDSEL /BILL AND CO. TO GET PICTURES FOR THE RALLY, ONLY THEN TO THROW THE WILDEST GT PARTY EVER AT THE FORD CONFERENCE CENTER :thumbsup YOUTH IT FELT GOOD WAY BACK THEN........... HEY WHO WERE THOSE 3 BACHAGALOOPS!!!!!! IN THE HOOD THAT NITE. :eek

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
gtjoey said:
IT WAS 1 OCLOCK IN THE AM, HAD TO PUSH THIS GUY IN A PRE VIN YELLOW BUCK GT TO KICK THE MOTOR OVER AS THE BATTERY WAS DEAD. THEN MET 2 OTHER SHADY GUYS AT A CHOP SHOP IN DETROIT THAT FOUND ANOTHER LITE THAT FELL OFF A TRUCK :biggrin THIS IS AFTER PUTTING ON A GALA EVENT AT SALEEN DRIVING HOME AT 9 AT NITE, ONLY TO GET BACK TO HOTEL BY 2, THEN WAKE UP AT 5 AM TO MEET EDSEL /BILL AND CO. TO GET PICTURES FOR THE RALLY, ONLY THEN TO THROW THE WILDEST GT PARTY EVER AT THE FORD CONFERENCE CENTER :thumbsup YOUTH IT FELT GOOD WAY BACK THEN........... HEY WHO WERE THOSE 3 BACHAGALOOPS!!!!!! IN THE HOOD THAT NITE. :eek

yeah....lots of stuff fell off that truck, a gas cap if I recall with the GT logo.. :banana :willy :banana

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Don't forget the infamous "Shift Ball" :lol

We heard about that one for two weeks.......

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
:thumbsup IIIIIIIIIIIIII FORGOT ABOUT THAT :biggrin FOR EVERYONE WHO DOESNT KNOW :wink ILL REPEAT THE WHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!! STORY AGAIN. IT WAS A COLD NITE, THE CAR KEPT STALLING , DEAD MANS CURVE WAS ON THE RADIO. ALL OF A SUDDEN I GET A CALL. HEY MAN YOU PIPE IS LEAKING DUDE :biggrin GUESS WHO THAT COULD BE...........ANYWHO THE FENDER HAD TO COME OFF, AND SINCE 9 OF MY BUDDIES BOUGHT GT S IN A WEEK I GET THIS PACKAGE FROM THE HOOD , THE BIG "D". A PROTO TYPE CAP FELL OFF A TRUCK LANDED IN A BOX AND WHAMMO ITS ON MY FENDER, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN, A LITTLE PRAYER, A FUEL PIPE AND A LITTLE SMOOTZ TO HOLD EVERY THING IN PLACE. :thumbsup TO THINK OF ALL THE WOMEN I HAD TO SLEEP WITH TO GET TO THIS POSITION IN THE GT FORUM :biggrin 1314 AND STILL LOVING IT

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
gtjoey said:
:thumbsup IIIIIIIIIIIIII FORGOT ABOUT THAT :biggrin FOR EVERYONE WHO DOESNT KNOW :wink ILL REPEAT THE WHOLE !!!!!!!!!!!!! STORY AGAIN. IT WAS A COLD NITE, THE CAR KEPT STALLING , DEAD MANS CURVE WAS ON THE RADIO. ALL OF A SUDDEN I GET A CALL. HEY MAN YOU PIPE IS LEAKING DUDE :biggrin GUESS WHO THAT COULD BE...........ANYWHO THE FENDER HAD TO COME OFF, AND SINCE 9 OF MY BUDDIES BOUGHT GT S IN A WEEK I GET THIS PACKAGE FROM THE HOOD , THE BIG "D". A PROTO TYPE CAP FELL OFF A TRUCK LANDED IN A BOX AND WHAMMO ITS ON MY FENDER, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN, A LITTLE PRAYER, A FUEL PIPE AND A LITTLE SMOOTZ TO HOLD EVERY THING IN PLACE. :thumbsup TO THINK OF ALL THE WOMEN I HAD TO SLEEP WITH TO GET TO THIS POSITION IN THE GT FORUM :biggrin 1314 AND STILL LOVING IT

ok, let me get a glass of warm milk and prepare of another GT JOEY BEDTIME STORY... :willy :banana :willy
yeah, in your hood those teamsters loose a lot of stuff off the back of the truck, big screen plasma, Brioni Suits, GT parts.... :biggrin :cheers :biggrin

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
AND ALL THE LITTLE GT OWNERS WERE FAST ASLEEP, GOOD NITE, MOON, GOODNITE GT CARS, GOODNITE COW JUMPING OVER THE GT........ :biggrin GTJOEY 1314 MAN THIS FORUM WOULD BE BORING WITHOUT YOU MY FRIEND.. GTJOEY :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
After All This Does The Lite Work Now?

Pete S.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2006
MA
Adjustment only.

Front Headlamp Adjustment:

Mine were pointed a bit too much down for reasonable night driving, so I opened up the shop manual, around page 417-01-63 to see what was involved. I read through it several times, and also read section 501-02-5 as directed for removing the fender splash shields.

No problem. Remove the front splitter. Raise one wheel, remove the wheel, remove the splash shield, replace the wheel, and repeat for the other side. I could see the adjuster but it was facing the center of the car. Then I noticed the two circle cutouts easily accessible when popping the front hood.

Putting everything back together was easier than taking apart, but I had to mention this so no one else need go through this added effort. However, get a few extra plastic pins and rivets part numbers W705589-S and N803946-S as some may snap or be excessively worn and should be replaced.

The rest of the adjustment is standard set up at about 25 feet target, use the #6 Allen or Bondus and it’s a piece of cake. Photo included.

http://home.comcast.net/~skatesharpening/headlamp.htm

Pete S.

Aug 25, 2006

Mine were pointed a bit too much down for reasonable night driving, so I opened up the shop manual, around page 417-01-63 to see what was involved. I read through it several times, and also read section 501-02-5 as directed for removing the fender splash shields.

No problem. Remove the front splitter. Raise one wheel, remove the wheel, remove the splash shield, replace the wheel, and repeat for the other side. I could see the adjuster but it was facing the center of the car. Then I noticed the two circle cutouts easily accessible when popping the front hood.

Putting everything back together was easier than taking apart, but I had to mention this so no one else need go through this added effort. However, get a few extra plastic pins and rivets part numbers W705589-S and N803946-S as some may snap or be excessively worn and should be replaced.

The rest of the adjustment is standard set up at about 25 feet target, use the #6 Allen or Bondus and it’s a piece of cake. Photo included.

Pete S.

Good job and nice write-up

I had to edit my post as I was sleeping on the job when I read it; I did not recognize that you did in fact present the short cut..................... after some sleep tonight I will be back in the saddle again; thank you

All the best

Shadowman

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Pete S.

Great info, Pete. Thanks!
('Sure hope Lewke sees it.)

Roger Vincent

GT Owner
May 31, 2006
Bowling Green, KY
Thank you Pete for this procedure. I wonder why the shop manual takes us the long way around. Also, a question for you. I just went out in the garage and looked at the opening, and I see the adjustment screw. Does this adjust the headlamp in the vertical position only? How is the horizontal adjustment made? Just curious, thanks.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
The rest of the adjustment is standard set up at about 25 feet target, use the #6 Allen or Bondus and it’s a piece of cake. Photo included

What the heck is Bondus?:shrug

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Some of us will recognize this hole as the hook placement for the Speelingerie bra.