Has anyone received or seen a GT350 on a dealers lot?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Thanks Svengali. Can you leave it more open-ended than that?

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Worst roll out for a highly anticipated car I've seen.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Worst roll out for a highly anticipated car I've seen.

*cough* Gen V Viper *cough*

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
A few weeks back a white/blue stripe R at Gus Machado Ford in South Fl. Its sold, but I got a nice call to come and see it. 2 base 350's allocated to this dealer. I think 5-10k over buys them.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
A base 350 at my local dealer black no stripe. Principal told me he we keeping it for himself, a couple weeks ago. Was I there this week, had a sold tag. His comment, "I was promised another one by ford, and was made an offer I couldn't refuse". I didn't ask how much....

I predict normal pricing next late summer, fall, winter worst case at least for "standard" 350.

I don't think the markup will go away completely, at least not across all dealers.
Problem is I need a new car by the spring. Sorry Ford. Gotta look elsewhere.

A few weeks back a white/blue stripe R at Gus Machado Ford in South Fl. Its sold, but I got a nice call to come and see it. 2 base 350's allocated to this dealer. I think 5-10k over buys them.

I think $10K is the norm now. There was a local dealer that was selling one for $5K over.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
My local dealer ordered an R with colors I requested (black with black stripe red accent). They called me to say they were only allocated a regular 350. They said they would sell for sticker and had a few interested customers. I said I'd just wait to see when they could find me an R on the used market. This is a small town dealership that treats its customers right!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselDr

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
Sterling Mccall Ford (Houston) told me 20K over for a non r 350. I told them pass the pipe when they are done taking hits off of it cuz i gotta get on that!

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Sterling Mccall Ford (Houston) told me 20K over for a non r 350. I told them pass the pipe when they are done taking hits off of it cuz i gotta get on that!

Yikes. Guess I won't bother stopping by there.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
This car was offered to a friend of mine at Sticker (my friend bought a Laguna Seca from them). Might be worth a call if anyone wants this.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ANGE&searchRadius=0&listingId=416089554&Log=0

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
It's funny. Chevy dealers offer Z/28s for $70Gs but sell them for mid $50s. Ford dealers get $55,000 Shelbys but sell them for $70,000.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
This car was offered to a friend of mine at Sticker (my friend bought a Laguna Seca from them). Might be worth a call if anyone wants this.

Hmmmm, maybe a Porsche owner friend...?
And 62 miles on the odo. Bet they were easy "Break-in" miles....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's funny. Chevy dealers offer Z/28s for $70Gs but sell them for mid $50s. Ford dealers get $55,000 Shelbys but sell them for $70,000.

Dodge was going through the same thing with the Hellcats but made an attempt to control it by linking supply to days-on-lot for the ones they had in inventory. Huge ADMs == more DOL == Fewer cars. It didn't eliminate ADMs but it did seem to keep them lower.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Nope, a Ford only guy.

Hmmmm, maybe a Porsche owner friend...?
And 62 miles on the odo. Bet they were easy "Break-in" miles....

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
It was the same nonsense with the GT500, GT500KR, SGT and the Boss. Dealers taking the opprotunity to gouge.

If guys don't buy them prices will drop. Further, as I understand they are going to produce roughly 4000 standard GT350's per year for the next 4 years and 1000 R's per year. As production and supply pick up prices will drop. Further, expect improvements each year and cars to start showing up used. Additionally Chevy is coming out with the new Z28.

Gouging is not limited to Ford, Chrysler dealers did it with teh Hellcat. Even Porsche dealers are doing it now with the GT3RS. I just got on the list for one and filled out a purchase order for a '17 RS at my local Porsche dealer who agreed to sell it to me for MSRP and written on the purchase order with my deposit. It is one of the few dealers that will not sell over MSRP.

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Even Porsche dealers are doing it now with the GT3RS. I just got on the list for one and filled out a purchase order for a '17 RS at my local Porsche dealer who agreed to sell it to me for MSRP and written on the purchase order with my deposit. It is one of the few dealers that will not sell over MSRP.

Model Year 2017? Are you sure about that? I don't doubt they took a deposit from you for a '17 GT3RS, but I highly doubt you'll ever see that car.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Alpharetta GA dealer said they had a single GT350 allotment. They were asking $20k adm which was negotiated down to $15k. Sold in 1 day.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
What's the going rate on the ADM for the 2016 "R" version at this time? Just received a call yesterday that a contact has an allocation available. I have dealt with their "sister store" and they can't get one so I am somewhat suspect that they have a true allocation. Anyone procured one lately or signed a contract?

samjoehanson

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2013
Rick, I spoke to my dealer yesterday. They have one ordered and suggested that they probably wouldn't let it go for less than $40K over. They might be able to get a second allocation, and I'm hoping that if they do I can negotiate much less ADM.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Rick, I spoke to my dealer yesterday. They have one ordered and suggested that they probably wouldn't let it go for less than $40K over. They might be able to get a second allocation, and I'm hoping that if they do I can negotiate much less ADM.

At that ADM, it sounds to me like the dealership owner wants to keep the car for himself!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
At that ADM, it sounds to me like the dealership owner wants to keep the car for himself!

Agree, and he should choke on it!!!