Has anybody had to have their NFGT transmission replaced?

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Has anybody on the forum or friends yet f forum members had to have their transmission replaced? My 19 NFGT developed a weird knock in November. It’s two knocks in succession that sound like somebody is rapping their knuckles on the wing. So I thought it was some sort of hydraulic issue with the wing hydraulics, but the dealership determined it’s coming from the transmission. Weird I know... I think a trip back to MM and a new transmission are in my future...

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
How many miles do you have on it now?

Besides the COTA event we were at, any other track days?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Drive it more often!

Ed

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
One year old car and the tranny needs to be replaced? Something is amiss.

QSS

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Some one else I know had the same issue
Contact your dealer. I think it’s a software update
But can’t say for sure.

FrankTheTank

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2016
Austin, Texas
Some one else I know had the same issue
Contact your dealer. I think it’s a software update
But can’t say for sure.

Do you have any more information about the other car, owner Or dealer that may have had a similar issue?

Thanks, Frank

Reactions: FerrariSlayer

rick458

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2011
My car has a funny noise coming from the rear left. It happens just before the cooling fans in that area are about to come on. The sounds are more like a pulsating or "creaking" noise like a loose shroud would make.

Brought it in and was diagnosed as too much fluid pressure coming from transmission to the coolers. Ford is supposed to be writing new software update that will be out before the end of the month. (according to concierge)

Reactions: Simon

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I had a horrible rattly buzzing coming from left rear, was a loose heat shield

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I’ve got the leftside buzzing too. Sounds pretty common. Rather than hijack this thread I’ll start a new one.

GOGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 6, 2016
There certainly appears to be a pattern. Based on my experience, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for a solution to this or any other problem.