Happened Again - Extremely Frustrated

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Joe's a good man. I'm sure your problem steved57 will be fixed.

Ed

Reactions: steved57

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Steve, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation. I've been through a similar Scenario more than one time so I understand your frustration. I was stranded in Miami once for 6 hours on a Sunday... My car had been disassembled more than once and I always noted grounds and things. I have lots of documentary pictures. There are actually 2 grounds up front one on each side. There's also 1 on the rear transmission and some other ones located throughout the engine bay.
After many hours of testing my tech found some issues in a wiring harness in the center console. after it was replaced in never happened again.
One of the unfortunate issues with the new GT is the complexity of the communication network and the number of modules. If you recall Ford boasted the GT runs more lines of code than a F-22 which sounds good but if you have one issues where a module losses communication with another there is a domino affect that can spread to other modules that can make it really difficult to track down these problems.
Good luck my friend..

Attachments

• 20190508_140102.jpg
    20190508_140102.jpg
    899.2 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Steve, I'm very sorry to hear about the situation. I I've been through a similar Scenario more than one time so I understand your frustration. I was stranded in Miami once for 6 hours on a Sunday... My car had been disassembled more than once and I always noted grounds and things. I have lots of documentary pictures. There are actually 2 grounds up front one on each side. There's also 1 on the rear transmission and some other ones located throughout the engine bay
Hello Stormcat, I was just talking to Steve a few hours ago and told him about your experience with your car. After I heard about your experience and leaving you stranded we at Pat Milliken Ford had a meeting and came up with a plan to make sure that none of our local would be stranded for that long. This is why all my local customers have my cell phone number.

Joe

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hello Stormcat, I was just talking to Steve a few hours ago and told him about your experience with your car. After I heard about your experience and leaving you stranded we at Pat Milliken Ford had a meeting and came up with a plan to make sure that none of our local would be stranded for that long. This is why all my local customers have my cell phone number.

Joe
That's a good plan. I actually had my techs number unfortunately it was a Sunday he was at a family reunion out of the area and took awhile to get and to the dealership to get his gear and the trailer.. No ones fault just bad timing. I added some more text to above and I'm sure you worked on Andy's car when he had a harness issue and have probably dealt with other wiring / connector issues..

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
That's a good plan. I actually had my techs number unfortunately it was a Sunday he was at a family reunion out of the area and took awhile to get and to the dealership to get his gear and the trailer.. No ones fault just bad timing. I added some more text to above and I'm sure you worked on Andy's car when he had a harness issue and have probably dealt with other wiring / connector issues..
Lesson here is , don’t drive your car on Sundays!

Reactions: steved57

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Some but not all - and as mentioned on initial post above the loud fan in the rear of car came on and would go on and off too
Hello steved57, just wanted to let you know I just received a call yesterday from a NFGT owner in northern Michigan who has the same issuse, will be bring that in soon and will let you know what I find out.

Joe

Reactions: steved57 and JWZ