Massachusetts
A very bizarre review ...

usmcfred

otis

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 13, 2011
Stillwater, MN
Can’t make out if they liked it or thought it was lousy. Really bad piece of journalism. Read like a blog from a kid rather than a paid professional.

Reactions: maxemus

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Hopefully he is a string writer and has a regular day job that he should not give up. His experience is not mine at all....but I have only 2600 miles on mine.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I think the article was meant as a humor piece. Not the best journalism for sure.

Ed

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
A very bizarre review ...

usmcfred

I agree, seemed like he was looking to cause controversy, but the car was too good to bag on.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"A group of Corvette owners in lawn chairs by the side of the road offered a baseball-stadium wave of rueful but respectful nods."

...which they darned well should have.

I would imagine NFGT owners sitting in lawn chairs a couple years from now will respond in much the same way when the shoe's on the other foot and a new mid-engine 'Vette powered by one of the promised(?) 1K h.p. t.t. option engines passes by. ;-)

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Written by Jack Baruth. And that’s all I’m sayin’...

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Wonder what Jay Leno thinks about this piece? The author spends a significant amount of time dissing the colour scheme.... which is the same as Leno’s. Also, “ am American MP4” - please, no comparison; the McLaren is way more comfortable, but (surprise, surprise) the GT destroys it on track. It’s always interesting however, to get a different take on our cars, and those who bitch about “ it doesn’t have a V-8, etc” will never get it - we are driving a car that freakin’ won Le Mans!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I would imagine NFGT owners sitting in lawn chairs a couple years from now will respond in much the same way when the shoe's on the other foot and a new mid-engine 'Vette powered by one of the promised(?) 1K h.p. t.t. option engines passes by. ;-)

have you read the vette thread? :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
have you read the vette thread? :)

Nope.
'Hatfields and McCoys thing going on?

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Indeed, a very odd review...
This comment was the highlight of the article! 😂
richardsimon52
You drag raced against a car full of teenagers in a 24 year old T-Bird? Don’t know which is worse; your judgement or this article.

Reactions: SYCO GT and Ed Sims

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
One of the stupidest articles I have yet to (only partially) read. If it was in paper form it would not even be worthy for out house use.

spyder625

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 23, 2008
seems like this journalist wants a good deal down the road so is trying to bash this icon... if the high mileage car is ever for sale let me know.. :)

Reactions: Cobrar

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I cruised Woodward and The GT drew insane amount of attention. So much that several places people in droves stopped traffic to photograph. At one point a new Vette and Bugatti put down there windows and said quote "You must get tired of everyone reaching for there cell phones....we should park ours" Gene Winfield waited for an hour till I could get to Royal Oak Ford dealer lot so he could see it and jump in.
This cements why Hagerty will never get my business. Only a business idiot would publish an article to trash it's customers and the most beautiful car ever produced. Long live Classic Insurance 20190816_183549.jpg

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
In the past, I'd read what appeared to be decent, informative articles from Hagerty's. This most definitely is not one of them. Perhaps let the odd guy in the office cut his teeth on Hyundai's and Chevy Volts. Not ruin his credibility and the organizations by hobbling together randomness.

Reactions: Stef

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I let him know how I feel about this. Such a personal attack and for no apparent reason. Really bothers me they would publish this. https://mckeelhagerty.com/contact/

Reactions: Stef

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I cruised Woodward and The GT drew insane amount of attention. So much that several places people in droves stopped traffic to photograph. At one point a new Vette and Bugatti put down there windows and said quote "You must get tired of everyone reaching for there cell phones....we should park ours" Gene Winfield waited for an hour till I could get to Royal Oak Ford dealer lot so he could see it and jump in.
This cements why Hagerty will never get my business. Only a business idiot would publish an article to trash it's customers and the most beautiful car ever produced. Long live Classic Insurance View attachment 57104

Well said.
They'd better think about it for sure.
Have some of my rides insured with them and thinking of telling them adios!