GTX-1 Owners - Looking for some Help

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
We are trying to help a new owner nearby us who has just acquired a GTX1 (#6, I believe). This car is missing the "pin" at the front of the roof that holds the hardtop down. I'm looking for the size/dimension of this pin so that we can get (or manufacture) a replacement. Any GTX1 owners out there who might be able to tell us the size/dimensions of this pin? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Wasn't the hard top an accessory developed by someone else later?
Maybe they will see this.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Have you tried reaching out to Kip

anya

NGT,GT/GTX1 Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 31, 2008
Seattle
We are trying to help a new owner nearby us who has just acquired a GTX1 (#6, I believe). This car is missing the "pin" at the front of the roof that holds the hardtop down. I'm looking for the size/dimension of this pin so that we can get (or manufacture) a replacement. Any GTX1 owners out there who might be able to tell us the size/dimensions of this pin? Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Have a drawing somewhere will find it and send

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Wasn't the hard top an accessory developed by someone else later?
Maybe they will see this.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
If I understood the GTX owner correctly he said that a Ford engineer(of the GT) went out and made the convert w/hardtop on his own with Ford's blessing After seeing TWO in person I'd say he did a fantastic job. I've never liked the GTX1 rims until I saw them in person. They're bitchin", just don't photo well I guess.
Ken Diggit? made a soft top for one on his TV show.