GTvs. EVO

TheGt40Guy

GT Owner
Jun 29, 2006
murrieta
i was told by this kid "an evo can beat and has better handeling than a gt" i say he is a dumb shit!! what do u think??

H

HHGT

Please remind this "Kid" that most of us on this Frorum;

Have forgotten more than he already knows!

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
i was told by this kid "an evo can beat and has better handeling than a gt" i say he is a dumb shit!! what do u think??

Depends on the track and mods done to both cars. I've raced two seasons with the scca in sanfran region with a modded Evo. Won ITE championship in '05 and ITE and SP in '06. Have current scca track records in ITE(two rules-production based chassis((VIN #) and run DOT tires) for both fastest qualifying and race lap records at Laguna Seca, Infineon and Thunderhill.

The car weighs just under 2900lbs empty. All wheel drive putting 500+hp to work move the car along pretty good:wink . A big shortcoming is all the air it needs to displace at speed. Horrible aerodynamics.

Long tracks favor the GT. Shorts prolly go to the Evo. Wet conditions Evo would come out on top.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I can say with full certainty, that I have rode shotgun in an Evo that would eat a stock GT alive!
As Slider suggests, a long track favors the GT, and a short would favor a highly modded Evo or STi.
Stock vs. stock, there is no comparison. A good driver in a modded Evo can get awesome times.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Slider is on the money...:wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Evo

OKAY. I admit it. I be stooopid.
WHAT'S AN "EVO"??
I read the above posts & have a general idea what they "are" as a car - but, who makes 'em, whada they look like, etc.?:shrug

Pitiful Pockets

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As mr slider suggests, there are many off road (track) situations, that will surprise many. Glad that there are other SCCA guys here.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Evo

Thanks, nota4re ... but, you gotta be KIDDING me!!!!!:eek

WHODA THUNK IT!!!!!!!! THAT can keep up with a GT????? Me thinks we all spent waaaaaay too much MUNY!!!!!!:bang :ack

E.P.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
OKAY. I admit it. I be stooopid.
WHAT'S AN "EVO"??
I read the above posts & have a general idea what they "are" as a car - but, who makes 'em, whada they look like, etc.?:shrug

Pitiful Pockets

It be one of these.:biggrin
IMG_2377.jpg

I cant get past the ricer stereotype, otherwise I would have one. I will probably be picking up an STi shortly, but we'll see.
Be very careful out there. There are some out there that easily run 10's.

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
It may be fast, but if that car was a woman, she would probably be the last one leaving a bar...and would either be alone or with some guy with a bag over his head. Thanks for the heads-up, it would be awful to get smoked by something like that.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It be one of these.:biggrin
IMG_2377.jpg

I cant get past the ricer stereotype, otherwise I would have one. I will probably be picking up an STi shortly, but we'll see.
Be very careful out there. There are some out there that easily run 10's.

Thankee too, Roc. ("Roger" the "ricer" thing! That's my big pblm here!)

Man! I just can't wrap my flea size brain around THIS revoltin' developement!:frown

Good gallopin' krymuny!

E.P.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
It's Still UGLY !!

It may be fast, but if that car was a woman, she would probably be the last one leaving a bar...and would either be alone or with some guy with a bag over his head. Thanks for the heads-up, it would be awful to get smoked by something like that.
Kirby,
You are absolutley correct, that thing is UGLY UGLY UGLY.
Don't really care how fast it is, it is STILL UGLY !!!:rolleyes

Fred

"When I am working on a problem I never think about beauty. I only think about how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong."
- Buckminster Fuller

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal

Yes, but she would be leaving with me:wink and when I got her back to my place I'd no doubt turn off the lights but I wouldn't be suprised if it was I who had the better "evening".:biggrin

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Those things(evo's) dress up nicely, for a sedan anyhow. I'll get someone to post up some nice pics of a proper race evo tomorrow!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I will probably be picking up an STi shortly

Mark, I just recently sold my '05 STi. It was my daily driver and a simply awesome car. I can't imagine getting more car for your money ($30K) than you do with these cars.

On a tight road course, I think the STi could eat the GT alive. Perhaps not so true in the hands of a professional but with AWD, the STi is so darn easy to drive. Example: Heading West on Valencia Blvd, take the 270 degree on-ramp to the southbound I-5. Unbelievable! The STi would do that corner in a 4-wheel drift completely controllable while you're talking on the phone and eating a sandwich. A VERY easy car to drive very fast.

4-doors 300HP & 300 HP TQ. EASILY modified to be 350HP/TQ at the wheels. Same, identical BBS brake calipers as the GT. You can adjust the front/rear bias torque split with a knob in the cockpit. Too much drift in the rear - just dial some of it out.

Anyway - I had the car for 18 mos as a daily driver. Too much traffic in my commute and fewer ops to give the car it's reins - where it really shined. I picked up a new Lexus IS350 for the dd. A fine car, good HP, over the top on creature comforts but I have to rely on the GT to provide the driving endorphins.

Mark, I have great connections for purchasing the STi and I can recommend several mods..... just ping me.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
Aside from the looks dept, the Evo and Sti are amazing bang for buck vehicles.

They are turbo charged, all wheel drive, weigh 3200 lbs, able to be modded up to 1000hp, can handle over 30 lbs of boost, can seat 5 people, and are priced in the low to mid 30's. The all wheel drive bias on both cars can be adjusted fore and aft. The car automatically adjust power to the wheel or wheels with the traction. With so much power, the awd really helps to get it to the road.

It is great fun to burn out on all 4 tires feel the car kinda crab left and right then dig in, then grab and go. My .02c

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Kirby,
You are absolutley correct, that thing is UGLY UGLY UGLY.
Don't really care how fast it is, it is STILL UGLY !!!:rolleyes

Fred

Fred your right but I think FUGLY is warranted here!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Fugly It Is !!

Fred your right but I think FUGLY is warranted here!
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

Dear Kirby,
Obviously you have never left a bar at closing time, trust me, no volunteers are every left behind.... ever, never happens.
Cheers,
daniel
social director
bucket of blood bar
:party :party :party :party :party :party