GT's going out of country

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
I heard of two GTs that are leaving the country in the next week. I also heard about 2 others a few months back. Does anyone keep tabs on this or is there even a way?.

Seams like the count in the US is getting smaller every week. Add these to salvage and wrecked cars and it looks like the US exclusive list is getting smaller all the time. The cars I am aware of were :

3 White / Blue (private, private, exotic dealer sale)
1 Black / Silver (private)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I heard of two GTs that are leaving the country in the next week. I also heard about 2 others a few months back. Does anyone keep tabs on this or is there even a way?.

Seams like the count in the US is getting smaller every week. Add these to salvage and wrecked cars and it looks like the US exclusive list is getting smaller all the time. The cars I am aware of were :

3 White / Blue (private, private, exotic dealer sale)
1 Black / Silver (private)

I think that tread will continue. The GT has worldwide appeal and the supply is limited. Just 101 cars for europe can hardly satisfy the demand. Now take into account Asia, India and Russia, I see more exports happening.

Last edited:
H

HHGT

I was offered a significant amount of $ to ship mine to Dubai. I declined - No amount of $ could ever substitute for PASSION.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
I was told..and maybe someone can confirm..there was a GT at a recent gathering I was at...Salvage Title. Guy wanted $140 for it said if he didn't get it here he could ship it overseas and get it in a heartbeat

It wouldn't suprise me if alot of those Salvage cars are going over to Europe.

Matt

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
With the dollar being weak against the pound + Euro it's making GTs relatively affordable to import. A year ago it would have cost maybe $10-20,000 more to import one.. that plus the rarity factor now the plant has closed and US cars not fetching such high premiums mean they're leaving the USA in droves..

Now if you guys in the USA would have a stronger dollar and keep prices at a premium they would stay in there :)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
With the dollar being weak against the pound + Euro it's making GTs relatively affordable to import.

Now if you guys in the USA would have a stronger dollar and keep prices at a premium they would stay in there :)

Epect the Green Back to remain, weak, it is by design. When we come over to visit you folks, be nice and buy us a pint.:biggrin :thumbsup :biggrin

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Mine is shipping out of the US. It's getting a Whipple put in it, and then it's gone. Not sure if mine is one of the ones that you are reporting.

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Mark , I forgot about yours. I guess that makes 5. Looks like the exporters like White / Blue.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Epect the Green Back to remain, weak, it is by design. When we come over to visit you folks, be nice and buy us a pint.:biggrin :thumbsup :biggrin

I agree with Bony!:cheers

Exiges

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2007
UK
Mark , I forgot about yours. I guess that makes 5. Looks like the exporters like White / Blue.

Is that because they're the cheapest ?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No, they are the slowest. White without stripes are only marginally faster tha white/stripes. Had they made them with red stripes, it would be a different story.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
My Dear Dr. Frank,

You have heard about "white hot" which is the hotest of the hot?? White with no stripes also known as the lightweight GT's have always been the fastest.

Ok, lets try not to get personal, we all know you trained at St Jude's, I will attempt not to disclose the DIY surgery school you also studied at where you did your own lobotomy... ok? :biggrin :lol :biggrin Opps, it slipped, guess that is something you don't want most surgeons to say, but in your speciality it doesn't really matter,,,:lol

Your good friend in Fresno, where it is 109 degrees today sends cool thoughts!
Bony

Last edited:

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
No, they are the slowest. White without stripes are only marginally faster tha white/stripes. Had they made them with red stripes, it would be a different story.

The only time Whites are slow is when they are stuck behind Red ones!:wink :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

amen!
:party :party :party :party :party :party

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Making White GTs faster.

White GTs are even faster when they are trying (in vain) to catch a yellow GT with black stripes! :biggrin

Chip

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
White GTs are even faster when they are trying (in vain) to catch a yellow GT with black stripes! :biggrin

Chip

Red follows white, white follows yellow ... but you all follow the heritage. :thumbsup and heritage cars with double digits are faster than ones with only one number. :lol

See you guys at the rally (in my rearview mirror) :rofl

S

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

Chip

Chip,

I agree Yellows are much faster that those boring :lol Whites, and of course much much faster than those "Common" :lol Reds which are by far the slowest of them all. :frown

However, it is a well established fact that the Heritage with its one piece Orange Racing Stripe :thumbsup , which by the way is the only GT to have this unique feature :thumbsup, thus allowing a super low coefficient of friction, to be the FASTEST.:biggrin

I love the Yellow :bored after, of course, THE H E R I T A G E.:banana

Looking forward to seeing you in Scottsdale. :cheers

PS: No speeding allowed from Scottsdale to Newport Beach :frown , well not much anyway. :rofl :rofl :rofl

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I can just hear the people in Japan talking amongst themselves.

" Damn! Not another cheep white foreign import, didn't those clazy Amaricans make and fast ones?"

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
My friend owns one in Honduras. He bought it new through the Ford Dealer. Same dealer I'm getting a GT500KR.