GTGuy Confirmed for New York Tri-State Area

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
The GTGuy, Rich & Dennis, will be coming to the greater NYC area on February 23, 24, 25th. They will be at Bob Ida’s facility in Morganville, NJ.

Both the GTGuy and Bob Ida will be available to perform the repairs, maintenance, and/or custom work you have been wanting to have done but concerned about the quality of service at your local dealer. They can also do things your dealer can only dream about. Bob can perform dyno testing and dyno tuning for those interested.

The GTGuy can be reached by e-mail, richbrooks@thegtguy.com or cell phone 734-658-9498 to arrange for an appointment. Bob Ida can be reached at 732.591.1245. Please let them know as soon as possible so there will be no problem in getting the work you desire accomplished.

Bob Ida’s Shop is located in Morganville, NJ at 600 Texas Road right off Route 9. It is the driveway just past the satellite dish on the left side of the road. Morganville is very close to Raceway Park /Englishtown Drag Strip. This is convenient for those that live in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.

Obviously all are welcome on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday even if you are not having any work done. It a chance to have a mini Ford GT Rally in our backyard. It should be a fun week-end.

If you have any questions please PM me or e-mail me at Barondw@comcast.net or call my cell 201.665.7664.

xrayman396

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2006
Bucks County Pa
Sounds like a good day. Tungsten 396

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Sounds like a good day. Tungsten 396

Actually 3 days, take your pick.

Dave

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Can a stock tune be done? I'm tired of running rich.

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Oh Yaahhhh - The GT Guys at Bob Ida’s shop!!

So glad you guys fixed a date for the East Coast!
How about you install my short shift kit the weekend of Feb.23-26.
Can’t wait see you guys at Bob Ida’s shop!

If this crazy weather keeps up we might have to rename this topic “The GT East Coast BBQ Meet”.
Worst case we just order Pizza and talk all things GT (no matter the temperature outside).
NOAA reported it was a balmy 74 deg. this past weekend by Bob’s shop.

Still, I imagine most people will be inside gawking at the GTs and Bob’s amazing street rods, motors, etc. Not to mention all the questions we’ll have for the GT Guys and everyone will want to see the maps / tunes Bob has on the Dyno Jet computer.

With the GT program now completed in Detroit I can’t think of a better place to find more GT knowledge under one roof.

Looking forward to see you at Bob’s place!

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005

The answer is yes, give Bob Ida a call.

Dave

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
What about the salt and cinders?

It could be bad Gt driving weather. But I guess thats why so many of us have trailers. :wink

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Can you explain Frank

Are you not happy with a aftermarket tune?

Jazz76

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 9, 2006
Harleysville, PA
All in

The wait is over, sign me up with all the goods. Need to find a whipple, trailer, short shift, exhaust, half shaft bolts, trans cooler.............

Hubert

FrankBarba

Permanent Vacation
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 16, 2005
Harrisburg, PA
Are you not happy with a aftermarket tune?

I have never had an aftermarket tune. I am completely stock. My car runs very rich. all i have to do is look at my rear bumper & soot is thick.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
My car runs very rich. all i have to do is look at my rear bumper & soot is thick.

Frank, I'm obviously not disputing the fact that you have soot on your bumper, but your car (ECU) is running in closed-loop mode the majority of the time. It only reverts to open-loop when you're on the go pedal - say 70% or more (although it is more a function of load than pedal travel but that's another discussion). Anyway, my point is that the vast majority of the time you are in closed-loop and the ECU will run the car a/f ratio exactly at 14.7:1. If the ECU cannot attain and/or maintain a perfect 14.7:1 you will get a check engine light. Ford has intentionally tuned the car to be overly-safe rich when it jumps to open-loop. You can have the open loop a/f adjusted to be more lean, but you won't see any changes in the closed-loop operation.

Last edited:

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Hi FrankBarba,
I’m sure The GT Guys and Bob can verify if anything is wrong with the car.
Then if all is ok Bob can create a custom tune for your car.

From what I’ve seen it appears all stock GTs run pig rich at high RPMs and the mass air signal although not saturated is close (even for a stock car). So the ECU program that was developed for the GT could be improved. Come out to Bob’s place and see what they have found and what they can provide. I do not think you will be disappointed. A long list of stuff can be done on a stock GT motor & supercharger (keeping the stock pulley) and improve things dramatically.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
GUYS , ILL BRING THE BAGELS AND A SCHMEER :biggrin ON SATURDAY !!!! WHAT SAY YOU .. GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
GUYS , ILL BRING THE BAGELS AND A SCHMEER :biggrin ON SATURDAY !!!! WHAT SAY YOU .. GTJOEY 1314 :thumbsup

Sounds great, see yoiu then.

Dave

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Trackday,

Depending upon weather Bob & Rob Ida will have some of their show cars on display.

Currently in the shop are a Challenger rotisserie resoration, a 1969 Camaro Z28 which will have a twin turbo 2,000 HP motor, the Frightening F-150 truck which did 180 MPH in the standing mile at Maxton, NC, and some street rods under construction.

Hope to see you there.

Dave

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
More detailed directions to Ida Automotive in Morganville, NJ, see map below. Red Circled area is Ida Automotive.

From the North:
• NJ Turnpike to Garden State Parkway (GSP)
• Continue south on GSP to exit 123, Route 9 south
• Stay on Route 9 South for approximately 7.6 miles to Texas Road
• Texas Road is right hand jughandle exit after Route 18
• Make left to go back across Route 9 on Texas Road
• Continue past new strip mall on left
• Go to second driveway on your left, just past satellite dish
• Orange traffic cones will be at the entrance to the driveway
• Drive past the houses to the building in the rear
• If you go over Rte 18 overpass you went too far

From the South:
# 1
• Take NJ Turnpike North to Exit 8
• Keep right after tollbooth
• Get onto SR 33
• Stay on SR 33 approximately 7.3 miles
• Take Route 9 north
• Stay on Route 9 approximately miles to Texas Road
• At Texas Road make a right
• Continue past new strip mall on left
• Go to second driveway on your left, just past satellite dish
• If you go over Rte 18 overpass you went too far

# 2
• Take Garden State Parkway North to Exit 105
• At Exit 105 take Route 18 North for approximately 14.8 miles
• Go to Exit 29 Tennent Road, CR 3
• At end of ramp make left onto Tennent Road
• GO approximately 200 yards and make left onto Amboy Road
• Stay on Amboy Road for approximately 1.5 miles
• Left onto Texas Road
• Go across Route 18 overpass
• Right into first driveway on right after overpass

The GTGuy will be here Friday, Saturday, Sunday, GT Joey has confirmed the bagels and schmeer (Cream cheese) for Saturday.

If any questions PM me or call my cell 201.665.7664.

Regards,

Dave

Attachments

• ida shop.jpg
    ida shop.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 97

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
Great directions.
Can't wait to see those cool cars. Not to mention the other way cool GTs.
I was on business in OH this past week, 12+ inches of snow, and Albany NY area got 30 inches. Heard you guys in lower NY NJ just got a few inches so I imagine no winter wonder land for the GT gathering. No matter I'll be there with the GT.

Joe, could you bring some salted & Poppy. Don't care for the Garlic or Everything.

Baron, how about we order out some Pizza for lunch. Surely Bob's got a good local Pizza place near by.

I'll bring the hot choc.

See you on Firday.

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
BTW initial weather forecasts are for 40-50 degrees and sunny.

Dave

TrackDay

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2006
GT Joey?

GT Joey, what's up!
Are you gringing out the plain, poppy or salt bagels on Firday, Sat. or Sunday.
Need to know to fill the gap (in the AM hours) this weekend.

Looks like the weather will be mild, can't wait.

Who else is arriving or who else is sending their beauty down for work?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
SAT., AROUND 10AM MY FRIEND, REALLY CANT WAIT TO SEE THE CREW, BETWEEN THE COLD AND NO DBK, IM DOWN, NEED A PICK ME UP. CANT WAIT TO SEE DENNIS AND RICH. ENJOY GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup IM BRINGING AROUND 2 DOZEN BAGELS, CREAM CHEESE, BUTTA, AND A LITTLE JUICE.....:thumbsup