GT V's Subaru STI

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
I have a 600 + whp subaru sti that I'm just finishing a new engine for, its very fast and fun to smoke all 4 tires on launch

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
Thats an old video of Joe's GT when it had around 800 HP. The STI had around 440 or so. There really hasn't been anything new lately. I wonder whats going on? :confused

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
My daily driver is a white, '05 STi. I have owned maybe 30 cars and the STi has to rank among the top in providing pure driving enjoyment. From a bang for the buck perspective, I don't think there's anything like it. I am not a fan at all of the STi looks but I guess it's a bit like your own face. When you're looking from the inside, out, who cares.

I have what is referred to as a Cobb Stage 2 kit. This means that the car has a turbo-back 3" exhaust (sans cat) and a Cobb AccessPort engine calibration. So, it is now about 340 HP/ 340 TQ. AWD. 6-speed close ratio. 4-doors. Large trunk. Same brembos as GT. BBS lightweight wheels (also like the GT). Recaro seats. Air conditioning. What's not to like???

Mine was about $32K out the door. One of the best car bargains on the planet IMHO.

californiacuda

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 21, 2005
The Sti's are amazing cars, but the Evo's are a little bit more mod friendly. The iron block evo engine is now puting out 1000hp.

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
the evo looks a lot better too...

HeritageBruce

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2006
Southern CA
Can't wait for the EvoX. Probably my next dialy driver.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
ROCMAN said:
Thats an old video of Joe's GT when it had around 800 HP. The STI had around 440 or so. There really hasn't been anything new lately. I wonder whats going on? :confused
No one will race :lol

You guys have seen the video of him racing a bike (I think a R1) right?

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
jj1987 said:
No one will race :lol

You guys have seen the video of him racing a bike (I think a R1) right?
I thought wolverine wanted to race him but Joe was having car issues.

jj1987

Jun 9, 2006
dgussin1 said:
I thought wolverine wanted to race him but Joe was having car issues.
yeah that part is true from what I've heard. I talked to him (wolverine) for a short period of time and from what he heard Joe's car just had bad plugs, or something like that.

Honestly, I don't know of anyone who has seen, heard from, or talked to Joe lately, he suddenly dissapeared.

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
hey guys i am still here

ther have beena lot more races just i was picky to make sure that there were not too many cameras..

i will just say this.... at the rally i did have apleasure of racing a modded GSX R 1000 and come out on top... otherwise just busy working away at my job... you will seee wave of videos inthe near future...

it is no secret thati race a 1397 busa that was very fast and got beat by 6 bikes difference needless to say that bike went mid 8's in the quarter..

i will get some vides for you guys in the near future..

when i raced the sti i was pushing 625 and the sti was 480 at wheels

later

piko6

for those of you that were not at the rallly...DBK and GT JOEY and anybody that helped ... it was once in a lifetime experience... everybody was really cool and very very nice people all over... the ford guys were impresive and the test driver GENE is my GOD.... hehehe

thanks to DBK and JAMAL for everything...(you know)

JOE