GT - Ten Years Young

hollywoodstunts

GT Owner
Apr 25, 2009
Venice, CA
My side stripes and Ford logo are still in place and I constantly get asked,"What kind of car is that?"

When I tell them it's a Ford, half say,"Noooooo, that's impossible."

:confused

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Very few would want a Ford GT as an only car but I have lots of other cars (Bentley Continental GT, Porsche GT3, BMW M3, Mercedes AMG etc.) and if I had to go down to only one car it would be the GTR.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My side stripes and Ford logo are still in place and I constantly get asked,"What kind of car is that?"

I've gotten that one too... I tell them it's "Just a f*n Ford" and that I work on it myself.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
"Ronald Savenor · Nasson College
I too am lucky enough to have a 06 FGT and a 12 GTR BE.Both have had some mods.Both are simply wonderful cars that provide a completely different driving experience.I enjoy them both immensely. If I had to choose one as my only car, the GTR due to the fact you can use it as an everyday car.If I had to choose just one as 2nd car ,the Ford GT is it!
Reply · Like · April 11 at 7:30am"

This was Roketman's comment to the article. I guess what you are saying is what Roketman is saying: if you only had ONE car. If so then I would choose the ONE & only Ford GT! I would make it work as I could not drive a Nissan as my only car.

Ed

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ed Sims. My hero.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I've gotten that one too... I tell them it's "Just a f*n Ford" and that I work on it myself.

Maybe it's just me, but your response seems so rude towards someone that obviously is paying you a compliment by asking about your car? Maybe you had a smile on your face or some other body language that let him/her know you were trying to be funny. That's a problem with short written comments, it's hard to convey emotion or intent.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe it's just me, but your response seems so rude towards someone that obviously is paying you a compliment by asking about your car? Maybe you had a smile on your face or some other body language that let him/her know you were trying to be funny. That's a problem with short written comments, it's hard to convey emotion or intent.

Yep, big smile. :) Along with that the usual first question is "what kind of Ferrari is that?" (not just what kind of car is that). The second most common question is, having seen the Ford badging, is "what kind of Mustang is that"?

Most people also don't get that the GT, in addition to being a supercar, is a friendly supercar. No $10K oil changes. Yeah, parts are getting harder to get and going up in price, but it's still something that for the most part mere mortals can handle daily maintenance tasks.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

I'm pretty sure we've all been down that road more than once! :lol

The only question that used to bug me somewhat was; "Is that a kit car?" I mean, what the hey...? :skep The bulb in the attic had to have been pretty dim to ask that if you ask me...and you didn't.

Last edited:

Tomcat

GT Owner
The only question that used to bug me somewhat was; "Is that a kit car?"
I get this with the GT and Pantera and when I nicely say no its a "real one"...the people seem honestly surprized/pleased that they have actually seen a real one in person (and they often don't even know what it is) .

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I used to get the kit car question on my 512bbi a lot. Now, the question on the GT typically is "What is it?"

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I used to get the kit car question on my 512bbi a lot.

I absolutely love the 512bbi, but I can understand that. Folks not in the know probably think it looks like a weird Magnum PI car.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I used to get the kit car question on my 512bbi a lot. Now, the question on the GT typically is "What is it?"
One of my favorite Ferrari's of all time - the Boxer!

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Those of us that are original owners and got ours early on had a freaking blast with the gt. I could be telling stories for hours about 2005 but suffice it to say that it was an amazing experience. None of my other cars since had even approached the love that the gt gets even to this day