GT Team Appreciation contribution?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Any support for a $1-5 contribution via paypal by all registered members for an appreciation gift (ie, with 2 logos) for entire rank/file and supervisors/formen of Wixom and Romeo plant?

-Mugs
-Polos
-Caps
-T-Shirt

Alternatively, a $25 contribution can ratchet it up for something really nice for core 35-50 Members of FORD GT Team at Ford.

:wink

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
I'm in if it gets organized (don't look at me :biggrin) quickly so we can get it out in time.

Would be a great way of letting them know, and remember, that they were part of something great.

ATM empty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Southern California
count me in - an appreciation gift from "GT Owners" that says "THANK YOU" :thumbsup

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
i'm in--keep me advised
time is running out
i was told today, the letters came down at wixom, they are laying off 1/3 of the white collar workers at this time
ps--the last gt red/white is off the line at saleen and on its way to wixom
it shoud be done on tuesday--that all she wrote folks !!!!!!

sam
#1451-------red/white
#03-------extreme saleen

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm in at either level but it will take some time to sort it out and produce the goods. Nothing cheesy like a mug though please. :lol

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Count Me In

Concur with Texas GT! :cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
OK - full disclosure; I am a disaster at organization, planning, maybe execution and can barely use this PC. Have good big picture, vision skills, with compelling hand motions.

-Lets nominate a leader after weekend
-We need a designer (silk screen or etch our Forum Logo onto something)
-We need someone (w/o gambling habit) to set up a paypal account (takes like 90 seconds)
-One of the moderators/owners will have to mass blast a secure paypal link with both contribution options ( an dislocusre that this is not spam)
-We need an inside guy to get us total count for both groups (add maybe: 1 supply team leader at suppliers: Roush, Saleen, Mayflower, Ricardo, Lear):

-Number crunching: (had a drink already)
-Plant: donations total $500-2500 assuming half of us (500) give from $1-5. At 40 employees, (Ford spokeswoman Anne Marie Gattari said about 40 people make the Ford GT) ~ $30-60 per gift, Monogramed Polos wholesale with Persons name & FORD GT Owner/Team Member Logo. Read 400 workers could be total too, at which we might have to go up to $20.

-Ford GT Team: $6750 if 275 members donate @ $25; ~$200 gift per ~35 Ford GT members
-These are gross: so have to factor in cost of base item, paypal fees, logo?, and shipment/insurance

I could be talking nonsense, as have no idea on promotional gifts, lead time, & logistics.

But, I do know a gift goes a long way....esp. 8 yrs down the line when we are trying to find that little bolt and one of these guys remembers this great gesture and makes a call or two!

Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Remberance to GT Employees

What a wonderful idea. I'm definately in. Jeff

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Problem with giving anything to most of the workers: they don't work there anymore. The GT builders at Wixom began a new shift around July so anybody there now was only in for the last few months.

Alot of guys in the development team don't work there anymore either. Hanneman, Theodore, Ressler, etc.

You can certainly give something to some of them, but the problem is people wil invariably get left out as they have long since moved on.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I'LL SIGN UP :biggrin THEY DESERVE EVERYTHING FOR BUILDING THIS CAR (I'm doing my GTJoey impression) :cheers

All sincerity, I'll chip in (but not for the mug)..... :banana

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
GT Folks...

I'm in. Let me know where, when and how much.

Gordon.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I thank all of you

My heartfelt thanks to all of you for considering doing this. It shows just how high class GT owners really are. You are all very special people. For me, Just visiting this web site, and reading your posts, are all the appreciation I could ever want. Knowing I had a hand in building a very special car, for very special people, will stay with me the rest of my life.

I was on the GT program for 3 years. They were, without a doubt, the finest 3 years of my life. Although I retired from Ford in June, I still get into the shop (Wixom) every couple of weeks. (guess I miss the old place)

I was 10 years old when Carroll Shelby came out with the Shelby GT350 Mustang. My dream in life after that was to work for Ford, building race cars. Well, 40 some odd years later, I retired doing just that! How many people in this world can say they accomplished their dream? (even got to meet my hero, Carroll Shelby)

The latest info I have is that the last GT will come off the Wixom line Thursday (9-21-06). We are having a celebration that day, at Wixom, for people who were involved in the program. I'll get pictures.

Hope everyone is enjoying their year book. I still have not gone through it page by page yet, but I think I've about worn out the DVD.

Thank You all very much
Rich
P.S. Anyone wanting their own personal GT mechanic ; Have Tools-Will Travel :biggrin

Townshend

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Rich,

My grandfather retired from Ford with 44 years - He got it - You get it.

God bless, and thank you for your effort.

Erick

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm in let me know when, where and how much. What a great idea for very special FORD EMPLOYEES.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Of course I'm in... :wink

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Just found this thread :biggrin , of course im in , forward the details. thanks gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I can print some 1'x2' banners, but 40 will take several days and getting them signed by owners would be difficult. Maybe they wouldn't care about them being signed. Kip was trying really hard to get me to print him a 2x4 for his garage. I can't print a bunch of 2x4 though, that get's real expensive and time consuming.

If everyone thinks that would work, let me know. I'd have to change the banners to say 'thanks' to the builders or something, so they are not the same as the original, super rare and valuable ones :wink

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
banner production help

:thumbsup I think this is a great idea and can help with the production of the banners if you like. I own a graphic production Co. and could provide the banners, say 50+/-, 18"'x36"', at no charge. This site has been a great resource and I would be honoured to contribute something special for the forum and the great people who built these cars.

I can provide more details or my company's website for credibility if req'd as I don't want to post the link without the ok from DBK.
Let me know.

:cheers

Trent

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'm In but... What about what DBK said... How will we find the people that worked there after they have moved on?

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Count me in and let me know if I can help in any way!