GT Owners with Heffner exhaust

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Hi Guys,

I am ready to pull the trigger on new exhaust and I am leaning towards the Heffner exhaust system; Need the GT Owners comments with Heffner exhaust: pros & cons? Thank you much!

PS: YES! I did search the Site :wink

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Pros: sounds good, not too loud at cruise, best tips, high quality.
Cons: more expensive than others.

That pretty much sums it up for me. I just wanted the best tips, and from an aesthetic standpoint, the Heffner was it. Done and done.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
DBK sums it up very well. I would add only on thing to consider. If you are thinking of doing a bumper delete, Heffner makes a different version for that with a little shorter tips.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
DBK & BlackIce,

Thank you guys for ur comments; I do appreciate them!

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Come onnnn guys! I know there are more of you with the Heffner exhaust! Let me hear ur voices! ;-)

ShelbyStang

May 17, 2007
SoCal
My dad has one and he loves it..Little bit loud at full throttle for my dad but i love it. The absence of the square stock muffler also allows for more air to flow through the rear end and keep the engine cooler. And the heffner exhausts have changed a cool yellowish color..if thats ur taste...

Last edited:

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Absolutely no regrets here. I love the sound of the Heffner exhaust. It has added lots of miles and smiles to my GT experience. I wouldn't change, but the truth is there is not a bad sounding cat-back system. Just get it. Thinking about it makes me want to go out for a ride right now.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I echo everyone else's comments here. Quality product. Looks and sounds great...plus Mr. Heffner is a cool dude! :thumbsup

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I just weighed my Heffner 13.7 lbs vs. 56 for the stock one! Saving 42.3 lbs from the top rear of the car!

Last edited:

futuregt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 25, 2005
I got one of the first exhaust's Heffner made. Replaced the FRPP/Borla unit. Sounds awsome, great looking tips,stronger mounting bracket then some of the others. Def worth the extra $$. Much lighter then stock or FRPP unit.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
Thanks guys! All/most of you like it, therefore, the system MUST be good! I better get moving & install one!

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
I couldn't be happier with my Heffner. The sound is outstanding (and wouldn't want anything louder) and the looks are beyond compare, IMO. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Here's mine with the rear bumper delete.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6768&page=3

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Come onnnn guys! I know there are more of you with the Heffner exhaust! Let me hear ur voices! ;-)

I can't add anything to what has already been said. I am happy with my Heffner pipes.

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
I couldn't be happier with my Heffner. The sound is outstanding (and wouldn't want anything louder) and the looks are beyond compare, IMO. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Here's mine with the rear bumper delete.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6768&page=3
Very nice GT and tips! I think I will be deleting my bumper too!

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Very happy with mine. Super quality and the nicest looking tips.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I too had the same issue with weather or not to do the exhaust as well as which company to use. I went for months toying with the idea and decided on the Accufab. I installed this myself and once it was complete I was more than satisfied. The sound was great and it fit like a glove.:banana My thoughts are you cant go wrong with either one.:thumbsup I also went with several other parts and accessories that Accufab had to offer. Flash tune, trans axle bolts, oil pan drain plugs, air inlet support sleeve all of which are great products. Buy with confidence that all these products are top notch:thumbsup

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Got Heffner - One of the first ones. Great TIPS, sounds great, looks great - easy to intall!

Buy it!

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I had an early IDA. PAid the same price as the Hefner. Discolored and would not keep flange bolt nuts. Normal driving it had a rasp that sounded like cutting card board??? Hard to explain. Service after the sale was horrible. They would not return my calls about the flange bolt nuts. I now have the Hefner with the baffles and it looks much better. I tried the baffles or cones and mine makes a whistleing noise that is more pronounced when it is cold. I don't see where it quiets the roar any, so I am thinking of removing them to see if the whistle goes away.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
...I now have the Hefner with the baffles and it looks much better. I tried the baffles or cones and mine makes a whistleing noise that is more pronounced when it is cold. I don't see where it quiets the roar any, so I am thinking of removing them to see if the whistle goes away.

My Heffner exhaust was installed w/o baffles. I have no whistle. I have been thinking about installing my baffles just to see how it sounds, but I think I will wait now given your experience. Please keep us posted on your whistle issue after removing the baffles.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The baffles do quiet it. I heard them back to back in Cali and it was definitely a little quieter. Can't speak to the whistle.