GT Guy (Rich Brooks) Still in Business ?

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
I sent my FGT to Rich back in early 2020. Came back with clean bill of health. We changed the battery.
When we unloaded her she went straight to the garage with a new battery tender. Drove her 2 x's. Back on the Battery
Tender....Click...Click...Click....Been leaving messages since May with no answer. Please send me the receipt for the battery
that was purchased. This is not a good battery lasting only 2 months....

Question: Is Rich OK ?

Will you return my calls, Text Messages ?

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Regardless, change your "Battery Tender" for a "C-TEK".

Reactions: 2112

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
In addition, check and clean the negative body ground for the negative battery terminal.

Reactions: HNS

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
There's trouble in the world.
Anybody care about integrity anymore?
I stand by the flag of the United States Of America.
Many of my friends have gone to bat for that.
Hope Rich is OK.
Suggest,
answer the phone or email.
Wish all well!
My Best,
Mark

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
I sent my FGT to Rich back in early 2020. Came back with clean bill of health. We changed the battery.
When we unloaded her she went straight to the garage with a new battery tender. Drove her 2 x's. Back on the Battery
Tender....Click...Click...Click....Been leaving messages since May with no answer. Please send me the receipt for the battery
that was purchased. This is not a good battery lasting only 2 months....

Question: Is Rich OK ?

Will you return my calls, Text Messages ?

Yes all is well here and thanks for the concern. Enjoyed the talk this morning, as well, and its probably the ground at the frame like we spoke about. According to my records I didn't put a battery in it at that time.

On another not sorry I don't post here as often as I should. I have PLENTY of work on hand, like a few super low mileage cars, some big build rebuilds, and all of the maintenance and emergency work that comes in. If I posted on this forum, every time I fielded a question, in calls or texts, I could have my own forum, but I try to return as many calls and texts as I can. Sometimes I feel like the personal tech for over 4000 cars. I do not mind at all and enjoy it, just not enough hours in the day for everything.
Now my brother and I going for a quick cruise out to Woodward while maintaining distancing.

There's trouble in the world.
Anybody care about integrity anymore?
I stand by the flag of the United States Of America.
Many of my friends have gone to bat for that.
Hope Rich is OK.
Suggest,
answer the phone or email.
Wish all well!
My Best,
Mark

I absolutely care about my integrity.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
That's exactly the answer that I wanted to hear.
Be well car brother!
Mark

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Rich,
We all “sleep easy” knowing you are there for our 05 -06 GTs! Don’t burn out and get some good help!
not sure we will have the same for NFGTs! (now that 2017s are coming off warranty, are you working on them?). Haven’t heard if MM will be working on them once warranty is up.

Reactions: Joe Dozzo

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yes all is well here and thanks for the concern. Enjoyed the talk this morning, as well, and its probably the ground at the frame like we spoke about. According to my records I didn't put a battery in it at that time.

On another not sorry I don't post here as often as I should. I have PLENTY of work on hand, like a few super low mileage cars, some big build rebuilds, and all of the maintenance and emergency work that comes in. If I posted on this forum, every time I fielded a question, in calls or texts, I could have my own forum, but I try to return as many calls and texts as I can. Sometimes I feel like the personal tech for over 4000 cars. I do not mind at all and enjoy it, just not enough hours in the day for everything.
Now my brother and I going for a quick cruise out to Woodward while maintaining distancing.

I absolutely care about my integrity
Impeccable period

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Your integrity is impeccable my friend!
I have known this for a fact for 14 years!

Tomcat

GT Owner
Rich is the man!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Class act in my book!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yup, had an inconsistent ground myself from the factory, and some assistance from an aerospace engineer buddy and we got that sorted out, after I stalled out once. That was about 10 years ago. Been fine since.

And glad to hear you are doing well Rich!

Reactions: Vince H

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think the thread title should read: Rich Brooks (GT Guy) Still One of the Best in the Business!

Kiteboarder Ken

GT Owner
Jun 25, 2020
Tampa Florida
I met Rich Brooks a few weeks ago when I flew to Detroit to check out a GT. I contacted him the night before I left to see if he could give me a last minute PPI since he lived fairly close to the area. He rearranged his schedule and met me early the next morning. I am very grateful as I am not knowledgeable enough on the FGT to look for any issues that the car may have had. Rich gave it a thorough inspection and took a lot of time going over how to properly maintain the vehicle and also showed me many small details that I would have never discovered on my own. Hats off to him for being very honest and informative. I feel very confident in my purchase because he was able check the car out and mentor me, if I was on my own, I would always question this purchase. It is a significant investment on a toy. I understand the frustration of someone not being prompt on a reply but in my experience Rich will come through when needed. We all get stretched thin on time now and then. Thats my 2 cents and I am sticking to it. Regards.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
That pretty much sums up Rich.

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
Rich is a great guy. We have narrowed this down to a battery. The frame has been grinded, filed and sand papered.
Load shows good, but when go to start....Click, Click, Click...

I purchased this Ford Optima battery in October 2017, Installed and on a tender. I do not want another Optima
battery...What else are you using. Odyssey now has posts on top and on side. For some reason I don't want a
battery like this...What can you suggest ???

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
There are not alternatives. Try lithium ion.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Rich is a great guy. We have narrowed this down to a battery. The frame has been grinded, filed and sand papered.
Load shows good, but when go to start....Click, Click, Click...

I purchased this Ford Optima battery in October 2017, Installed and on a tender. I do not want another Optima
battery...What else are you using. Odyssey now has posts on top and on side. For some reason I don't want a
battery like this...What can you suggest ???
I think you're looking at the 75/25. The Group 25 Optima is a top post only. I got mine at O'Reilleys who had it in stock for about half what Ford charged (it's the same battery).

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Check to see if you are getting 12volts at the starter.

CampoLady

GT Owner
May 25, 2018
Our baby is running. Change out the battery instant smile on our faces.
Now just looking for some PA, MD, NJ members that want to get together.

Reactions: extrap