Gt Employees Tell Your Stories

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Hey gtcindy came up with a good idea. What about a section or post area for wixom,saleen,romeo workers and other suppliers of the gt , tell there stories. I was doing so and so this date 2 years ago , ect. we changed to this process on this day ect. We can get great inside stories for all , and help with future questions at the same time. WHAT SAY YOU:thumbsup gtjoey 1314

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, maybe someone should come up with something like that. Maybe a yearbook?

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Great idea, Joey & Cindy. I'll second the motion.

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
I'll third the motion. :cheers

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Okay cindy you post the first one, you know , how did the yearbook come together:thumbsup how was it produced, or inventory problems:biggrin , how did they paint the stripes ect, ect. GO AHEAD I THINK DBK GAVE THE RED LIGHT:thumbsup YOU KNOW,How frank save the gt program:biggrin ,frank running aerobic classes so the workers were in good shape:biggrin :thumbsup gtjoey 1314:thumbsup

HOGDEALER

GT Owner
Nov 19, 2005
Coos Bay, Oregon
Cool Idea!!!

GT Cindy

Aug 29, 2006
Home Town of Henry Ford
Well, my story is that I was hired by Saleen (Mike Z.) to be the Material Manager at Wixom. When Mike hired me I will always remember that he said, “Cindy, you will be a part of history.” Boy, was Mike correct!

I started on the program in late March of 2004. Wixom was getting ready to build Prototypes when I first arrived. It was my job to work with Toolman (Randy B.) to follow the build process (which Toolman wrote/developed/documented) and get all of the parts put in the correct stations (there was a mountain of boxes when I arrived on the scene). When I look back and recall the mess that I walked into (prior to being hired no one was doing the job) I have to laugh, it took roughly 3 weeks to get all the parts in the correct station and ready for the first signoff by the engineers. The signoff is where the responsible engineer comes to the plant and station by station reviews the process, checks torques, part levels and checks the part integrity. Once, this is completed the engineer signs off and we were good to build.

Of course, on my first day the hourly guys wanted to take me for a spin in one of the prototype GTs that they played around with. I jumped at a chance to go for a “little” ride. Jerry H. couldn’t wait to get me in the car and show me what it could do (he intended to scare me . . . didn’t work). We went out in the back forty of the plant, took it up to speed, spun it and then decided since that just wasn’t enough take it for a spin around the outer loop of the plant. When we were on the far side we were stopped by security, we thought they were joking about our handling of the GT, but they were serious. The plant speed limit was 15 mph; yeah that’s what we were doing! Needless to say, Jerry and I knew we were in trouble since security made sure they informed Jerry’s boss of the road test we gave the GT. I thought for sure my career had ended before it even started.

I have a ton of stories that I could share, this one is just to get things rolling.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
And a perfect opener! I think these are exactly the type of stories Joey was looking for, and I know I would enjoy hearing them all from everyone involved with the GT's production.

Thanks Cindy!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Topic is great - needs a sticky

And someone with a delete button to take out crap that doesn't belong - like this message.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Topic is great - needs a sticky

And someone with a delete button to take out crap that doesn't belong - like this message.

Could be a great thread, I just deleted my remark about the yearbook.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Rotation number & buildsheet?

For you folks who are still employed by Saleen. How about getting me a rotation number & build sheet copy. Just a copy. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for your help. Is it possible to do without getting someone in trouble? Thanks :thumbsup

Last edited:

05 Ford GT

GT Owner
Oct 20, 2005
Excelsior Springs Mo.
How difficult is it to get copies of build paperwork on the vehicles. I know copies of the build book were no allowed. I would also like any copies if available.

05 Yellow GT
Vin# 1814
Rot# 1749

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Great story cindy, now dbk or bony can we put these some where? :thumbsup thanks gtjoey 1314:thumbsup

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The short answer to that is no. The build sheets aren't in Saleen's possession anymore.

For you folks who are still employed by Saleen. How about getting me a rotation number & build sheet copy. Just a copy. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for your help. Is it possible to do without getting someone in trouble? Thanks :thumbsup

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
I will second what dave said on the build sheets, but how about the other thing for the posts :biggrin gtjoey . cant wait to hear about those crazy gt christmas parties, copying naked gt parts on the copy machine while there blown out :biggrin give us more.....gtjoey 1314

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
The short answer to that is no. The build sheets aren't in Saleen's possession anymore.

Thanks for the answer Dave. Things are not like they used to be when you could find a build sheet taped to a wiring harness, in a door panel or in the seat springs.