GT driver killed in crash in VA.?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Yes, correctomundo, Pockets and if your car never leaves the garage, accidents and collisions will be nil!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Yes, correctomundo, Pockets and if your car never leaves the garage, accidents and collisions will be nil!

Aaaaaaaaah! You have totally grasped my stratagy, Grasshopper! :cheers

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I wonder if that 20% wrecked GT number from Salleen is a bit low now.

We are getting down to 3000 domestic GTs left.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Very very sad. My thoughts are with his family.

t32b

Verde
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 21, 2007
Bay Area, CA
Ahhhh, but you have a dramatically heightened health risk of CO poisoning 'Pockets. All that engine revving without ever opening the garage door...
:)

Aaaaaaaaah! You have totally grasped my stratagy, Grasshopper! :cheers

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ahhhh, but you have a dramatically heightened health risk of CO poisoning 'Pockets. All that engine revving without ever opening the garage door...
:)

Who said the engine is ever STARTED...?

I perfer cd 'soundtracks. 'No wear on engine components at ALL that way!:biggrin

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
You guys and these soap boxes. All accidents are crashes but not all crashes are accident... thank you sansei may I have another? None of these people intended to "crash" their car... that by definition is an accident.

I can tell you from experience that when I picked up my GT I barely got it over 55mph on the 30 mile drive home. I gradually learned the GT's capabilities and my limits (not the car's). And then one night I had an Accident on cold tires.

It may have been the same case with this driver, who knows?

Except for EP, almost everyone here has driven their car in excess of something (their limits, the cars limits, and the speed limit). No more stones okay? I get a little tired of reading the extended sermons.

I should add that my sincerest sympathy goes out to those left behind in this incident. (It certainly crossed my mind lying in the back of that ambulance.)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Mark, your right, at this point we don't know what caused that wreck. Chances are the report might never be released to the public. May the driver rest is peace.

That be said, can you imagine the reaction of an insurance underwriter who finds threads like this on our forum?

Happy New Year and be safe.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This saddens me ... I guess you can never be to careful..

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I have recvd a pm asking if the gent was in our registry. The answer is no.
May he rip and we all should pray for him and his family.

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
When I posted this link, I did so hesitantly. On one hand, I wanted to alert fellow Forum members just in case this person was a personal friend. Secondly, it was just another reminder about the cooler temp driving of the GT. And lastly, my reason for the hesitance, I was praying that a bunch of crash scene pictures would not make it on this thread. We do not know all of the factors involved in this accident. It may have been driver error. Maybe another car pulling onto the road from a side street as the GT was passing and had no choice but to take it off road. The fact is, we do not know.
I know BONY wants no pics of wrecked GT's on here unless it is your own. I am with him on that unless it helps prevent some sort of scam or fraudulent sale of a GT. I am glad to hear that the driver was not a Forum member, although he was still a member of our elite group of FGT owners. May he RIP and my sincere condolences and prayers go out to his wife, family, and friends. Please take into careful consideration when driving during this winter season no matter where you live.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Corrie,
I removed the link when they added the video. Enough said.
I also did not say that the gent was NOT a forum member, we checked and he never registered on the registry. Many people use the forum and are not aware of the registry feature. I have no issues with your post, some of the comments by others sadden me.
Again, may he RIP and we need to pray for him and his kin.
God Bless them and America,
daniel

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
The car is not dangerous, the tires are not. These are not accidents, they are crashes. Accidents and crashes are two different situations, both can prevented. Very sad, but the issue is with the loose nut behind the wheel.
Engage brain before inserting key and pressing red button.
Sorry for being so candid.

I disagree about the tires. I stopped driving my GT for the winter after I tried to stop short from 20MPH in freezing weather and the tires slid.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Please, do you think this the the thread for that topic? It is your car, do whatever you please. This thread is about a poor soul that passed away.
Bony

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
This thread is a really tough subject, I think everyone posting has in the back of their mind that there but for the grace of God go I. There is a lot of venting in a lot of directions. Perhaps this is one time just to let people talk until we all agree there isn't always an answer.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Its sad when this type of tragedy occurs regardless of the car being driven. Its not only the loss of life thats tragic but the sad change of all those lives affected.

When you drive ANY car you have a responsibility to drive carefully. When you drive a 550hp + supercar that responsibility become heightened to keep that supercar under control and not get baited , enticed or seduced into taking chances or doing things you otherwise would not do in a mere mortal's car. Use common sense.

If you want to race or drive fast beyond whats reasonable go to the track.

Cars (any car) can be replaced. This poor soul can't be.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
regardless of the reason the guy wrecked, the simple fact his he paid the ultimate price. The guy lost his life. Wether it was an error on his part or someone else's, the guy should be treated with respect. I do feel for his family, but ultimatly for him. He will never have the chance to get back into the seat of a GT. He will never get the chance to evaluate what happened. He will not get the chance to see his loved ones again and remeber what is MOST important..... FAMILY. He has departed this earth. May he rest in peace and be welcomed in God's arms. We are in a way a family on this forum. We all share common ground and grow close to each other. Please be careful guys. I hope we never have to see another topic like this one again. May he RIP.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
regardless of the reason the guy wrecked, the simple fact his he paid the ultimate price. The guy lost his life. Wether it was an error on his part or someone else's, the guy should be treated with respect. I do feel for his family, but ultimatly for him. He will never have the chance to get back into the seat of a GT. He will never get the chance to evaluate what happened. He will not get the chance to see his loved ones again and remeber what is MOST important..... FAMILY. He has departed this earth. May he rest in peace and be welcomed in God's arms. We are in a way a family on this forum. We all share common ground and grow close to each other. Please be careful guys. I hope we never have to see another topic like this one again. May he RIP.

Well said!!!

FordGT75

GT Owner
Sep 2, 2006
Great Falls, VA
My heart felt condolences to the mans family and may he RIP.

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
My prayers to him and his family.