GT door sills - pics and order form

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
GT billet/carbon door sills now shipping.:biggrin

Billet/carbon door sills 550.00
Available in red,blue,black,satin and orange.
Comes with 3M double sided tape installed.
Custom engraving available - limited space +100.00
I have attached an order form but feel free to call us to place an order.
Thanks!
Jake

Attachments

• fjpikul_sm.JPG
    fjpikul_sm.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,173
  • full_blue_sm.JPG
    full_blue_sm.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 1,166
  • hellboy_sm.JPG
    hellboy_sm.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,153
  • orange_full_small.JPG
    orange_full_small.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,229
  • fgt_ds_orderform.pdf
    44.8 KB · Views: 258

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I see Dr. Frank got is order filled already! Much faster turn around time the water bottle holders from slowcat. :lol

The billet piece look very nice. What is the limitation on number of characters for the name. Seems like 8 or 9 with the font used Frank's and Hellboy's.

Does anyone have pictures of the billet sills installed on the car?

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I see Dr. Frank got is order filled already! Much faster turn around time the water bottle holders from slowcat. :lol

The billet piece look very nice. What is the limitation on number of characters for the name. Seems like 8 or 9 with the font used Frank's and Hellboy's.

I hope to get mine before Frankie boy !!! I'll post some pics the day that I receive them.. Do you hear that Jake... :eek .. Send mine first !!! :biggrin

Ok Clinton... I'm rememberin the Slowact comment... :bored

The orange one's look great !! They make me want to get a Heritage car !!!

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Well the slow only applies to your bottle holder production times, not your GT driving. From you GPS numbers in your GT we should call you fastcat.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Well the slow only applies to your bottle holder production times, not your GT driving. From you GPS numbers in your GT we should call you fastcat.

...................... I had to do it at least one time :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Excellent! Sweet looking! I really wanted "StormCat Sucks" but it was too many letters, unless you went to a really, really small font and then it looked like "Stork."

Of course you could go with the cheaper carbonfiber like Bony has.

Last edited:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I hope to get mine before Frankie boy !!! I'll post some pics the day that I receive them.. Do you hear that Jake... :eek .. Send mine first !!! :biggrin

The orange one's look great !! They make me want to get a Heritage car !!!

Haha, that's funny. Jake, you should send Stormy my orange ones so that he'll be really tempted to get a Heritage. No wait, then I might have to fight him to get mine back from him. Not sure I'm up to that! :wink

Of course you could go with the cheaper carbonfiber like Bony has.

OK, Stormy's comment about getting his before Frank was funny, but this comment by Frank is even funnier!! :lol :rofl :lol :rofl Cheaper indeed, but lighter too! :thumbsup

Cheers

Pro

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Haha, that's funny. Jake, you should send Stormy my orange ones so that he'll be really tempted to get a Heritage. No wait, then I might have to fight him to get mine back from him. Not sure I'm up to that! :wink

OK, Stormy's comment about getting his before Frank was funny, but this comment by Frank is even funnier!! :lol :rofl :lol :rofl Cheaper indeed, but lighter too! :thumbsup

Cheers

Pro

Pro, My healthy diet will offset the weight difference..:biggrin
Let's see ... If I get your sill plates,,,,, Hummmm??? do I have your address..:secret:

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Pro, My healthy diet will offset the weight difference..:biggrin
Let's see ... If I get your sill plates,,,,, Hummmm??? do I have your address..:secret:

Hummm, will I trade you my one Heritage for your TWO GT's?? Is that what you're sayin?? :biggrin

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Hummm, will I trade you my one Heritage for your TWO GT's?? Is that what you're sayin?? :biggrin

I'm sayin I got room for three... :skep

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm sayin I got room for three... :skep

Yeah, I know. And I agree, you DO have room for 3, so long as one ain't mine! :willy Now where do I go to "Hide" my address....... :wink

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Yeah, I know. And I agree, you DO have room for 3, so long as one ain't mine! :willy Now where do I go to "Hide" my address....... :wink

Ya know,,,, you could store it here for the winter !!!! :wink

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca

BlackICE, Your right, there is only room for about 8-9 characters with that font. But we can stack the words and get a few more.
If you have something longer let me know, I will do my best to find a different
font that is taller and thinner.

Hope to get some installed pics up asap.

Thanks!

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Do the GT billet/carbon door sills fit over the stock sill plates?

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
GTNJ,
I just returned your pm but I am going to answer this question in the forum for the sake of others that may have the same question. The stock
door sills need to come out. It's a pretty easy process. You don't need a certified GT mechanic but you do need to use a little caution. It shouldn't take more than about a 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour to remove the stockers and install the new ones. The stock sills will be ruined in the process.

First you want to carefully pry up the pointed tip of the door sills near the door latch that splits the sill. Once you get it up enough, grab it with a pair of pliers. Pull slowly and most (if not all) of the adhesive will come up with the sill. Toward the end of pulling it up you will want to hold or cover
the last little bit of the sill with a towel or a glove. This last bit will want to spring up at the last second and potentially scratch something in the car.

Once you get them up there is a nice groove to place your new sill into.
This is cool because it assures perfect alignment. Pull the top layer off the
double sided tape (comes on the new sills), lay in place and press down.
Good to go!

Hope that helps for anybody that was wondering if this was to much of a project to take on themselves.

Thanks
Jake
PROJECT321
877-581-7321 X3

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Jake, as with most glues, if we heat the sills with a hair dryer, wouldn't the glue loosen enough that the sills should come up easier (and theoretically with less damage??)

GTNJ,
I just returned your pm but I am going to answer this question in the forum for the sake of others that may have the same question. The stock
door sills need to come out. It's a pretty easy process. You don't need a certified GT mechanic but you do need to use a little caution. It shouldn't take more than about a 1/2 - 3/4 of an hour to remove the stockers and install the new ones. The stock sills will be ruined in the process.

First you want to carefully pry up the pointed tip of the door sills near the door latch that splits the sill. Once you get it up enough, grab it with a pair of pliers. Pull slowly and most (if not all) of the adhesive will come up with the sill. Toward the end of pulling it up you will want to hold or cover
the last little bit of the sill with a towel or a glove. This last bit will want to spring up at the last second and potentially scratch something in the car.

Once you get them up there is a nice groove to place your new sill into.
This is cool because it assures perfect alignment. Pull the top layer off the
double sided tape (comes on the new sills), lay in place and press down.
Good to go!

Hope that helps for anybody that was wondering if this was to much of a project to take on themselves.

Thanks
Jake
PROJECT321
877-581-7321 X3

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Jake, as with most glues, if we heat the sills with a hair dryer, wouldn't the glue loosen enough that the sills should come up easier (and theoretically with less damage??)

Hi Pro, Yes that is probably true, but the stock sills are SOOOOO soft I doubt you could limit the damage enough that you would want to re-use them. SOOOOO soft!

Jake

GT4JR

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2006
Yorba Linda, California
sills received

Jake,

I just received this evening my new sills; :banana they really look good; the quality is awesome; so different than in the photos!
Fellow GT Owners: you must order these sills!
I have not installed them yet but will this weekend.
Thanks again Jake for such a marvelous job! :thumbsup

Gaby

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
Jake,

I just received this evening my new sills; :banana they really look good; the quality is awesome; so different than in the photos!
Fellow GT Owners: you must order these sills!
I have not installed them yet but will this weekend.
Thanks again Jake for such a marvelous job! :thumbsup

Gaby

Gaby,
Thanks so much for the compliments. It really is our pleasure to make parts for such an amazing vehicle (and such great customers:biggrin).

I am glad you mentioned how they look different than the photos in a good way. I have said it before and I feel like people are tired of hearing it but pictures really don't do our products justice. Not because our products are so awesome (I like to think that's part of it:wink) but because our parts always have crazy angles, different textures, and varying reflective surfaces. It has been really hard to get pictures that show it all off without sacrificing something. We had a photographer over here the other day and he fought with our new sills for hours and still never got a great pic. Once he got the carbon to shine the brushed surface would be glared out.
So he would move the lighting around, change some little settings, then he got the carbon to shine and the brushed surface to show but the color looked fake. So he changed it some more just to find the carbon shine is gone and they look like black paint pockets:confused. It's really been difficult but in the end I guess it doesn't matter because we have great customers that tell everybody how much they like our stuff.

Thanks for the report, glad you like them. If you get a chance fill us in on your installation experience. And maybe post some installed pics.

Jake

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
anyone have pics installed?