GT Clear Vision Wipers - Development photo's

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
There has been some testing done on the track! Results soon :)

A video of the wipers in action after Ray's Matech GT passed would be epic!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Personally I don't think these will ever come to market.

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
"Good things come to those that wait!"
Wipers go on Pre-Order sale this coming Monday at the GT Accessory store

First sets being shipped out 2nd week of November

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
"Good things come to those that wait!"

A year and a half! Man, that's a long wait.....hope they are good.

Just busting your balls.

RacerX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2010
Long Island, NY
Andrew,
I'll take a set

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
On the road to production

Hey all!

We are all on track for the first batch of Wiper deliveries.

Thought you might like to see some updated pictures.

I say Carbon Fiber is the best finish! It looks nice and black from a distance, until you see them up close.

DSC_0867_2.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0857_2.jpg

DSC_0872_2.jpg

DSC_0871_2.jpg

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Do these use regular stock inserts?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
No, actually BOSCH wiper blades are included with the set, and they are an on the shelf product at any Mercedes Benz dealer, in case you ever need to replace the blades, you can buy at your nearest Benz dealer...

The new style ICON Bracketless Reflex blades - Last 20" longer than conventional blades and enhance aerodynamics.

Last edited:

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego

Looks like a couple of snakes!

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Cannot wait to get my carbon fiber blades! Andrew, let me know when they ship!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Looks like a couple of snakes!

+1

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I assume those are brass nozzles on the end of the blade. They seem a little large and conspicuous. Am I seeing them right?

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
brass nozzles correct
Pre production model is conspicuous
Production versions will be embedded in the bottom and will be less visible.

We are taking care of all little details? :thumbsup

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Wipers will be on the GTX at the SEMA starting tomorrow in the Ford Booth.. Check it out if you are there!!
I'll be there Tues wednesday.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Has any been delivered and used? Looking for some reviews

FGT1987

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 5, 2007
Got my new wipers in the mail today and let me be the first to congratulate Andrew on a job well done – they look wonderful, the quality is up to his normal excellent standards. Unfortunately, my car is in the shop right now so I won’t be able to comment on the installation until sometime later. Anyway, I know this was a long haul for Andrew and I can only imagine how many hours went into this project - but again well done and thanks.

Bob

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Got my new wipers in the mail today and let me be the first to congratulate Andrew on a job well done – they look wonderful, the quality is up to his normal excellent standards. Unfortunately, my car is in the shop right now so I won’t be able to comment on the installation until sometime later. Anyway, I know this was a long haul for Andrew and I can only imagine how many hours went into this project - but again well done and thanks.

Bob

looks are one thing....function is another. Thanks for the update so far.

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Stunning!!!

I received Andrew's wipers and all I can say is Stunning!!! They are just as advertised. I purchased the CF look wipers and they look perfect with the other CF bits that I have. The installation could not be easier. I was able to install without any directions. Andrew labeled all parts and everything went together intuitively. Finally, I have had my wipers arms removed for several years so that I could enjoy the view. These new arms and blades do exactly what I had hoped for. The view out the front is perfect and the CF is a great addition. THE WAIT WAS WORTH IT!!

Thanks, Andrew!!!

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
I received Andrew's wipers and all I can say is Stunning!!! They are just as advertised. I purchased the CF look wipers and they look perfect with the other CF bits that I have. The installation could not be easier. I was able to install without any directions. Andrew labeled all parts and everything went together intuitively. Finally, I have had my wipers arms removed for several years so that I could enjoy the view. These new arms and blades do exactly what I had hoped for. The view out the front is perfect and the CF is a great addition. THE WAIT WAS WORTH IT!!

Thanks, Andrew!!!

Seems like the looks are there.....what about function? Do they wipe well and if so do they at speed as well? Do they get out of the line of sight?

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
They operate perfectly at speed. I have not tried the washer mechanism yet, and I'm not sure when we will see rain around here again. I'll post when I have additional experience with them in the wet.