Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
MK2 GT, It's in my colors! :biggrin

How does it drive?

SWEEET!

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Ok my first impression was that it has quite a pop , this super charged Ford Engine has a definite umph to it. If there is a quarter tank or less, it is really quick, with a full load of gas and a passenger, it is a bit sluggish. It is super easy to drive.

The car is also very docile, in other words, (as an exmaple) my Viper is menacing, hot, loud and lightning fast. This car is quite, fast (though not nearly as fast as my super charged Viper or a GT) and a bit more comfortable.

One thing all my current cars have in common is that they illicit an emotional response and this one fits in nicely (you gotta love American muscle!). I had one person taking cell phone pics as I pulled out of the dealership and when I went to gas it up , I had another stang driver pull in just to see it. This was just on the way home today.

Overall , it's quite, it can fit the kids in the back and is still mighty quick.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
That's Bony's girlfriend... Don't say anything bad... :frown

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
MK2_GT said:
Bony who is the chick in your sig? it is driving me crazy ...... :willy

introductions can be made,...
...for a slight fee
...let me know, ok?
BONY da pimp :lol

FordGTGuy

Aug 1, 2005
Norfolk, VA
bony said:
introductions can be made,...
...for a slight fee
...let me know, ok?
BONY da pimp :lol

isn't she from a movie?

Nice Fing car dude! Gratz!

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
So here is my question that I just don't understand. Are you completely happy with everything your shelby came with? I was at the dealership the other day picking up my GT and I went to look at the Shelby. Definitely impressive but I don't understand why any manufacturer makes a high performance car of that range ( Stangs, vettes,comaros etc...) and leave what I seem to think some things unfinished!! There were saleens sitting right next to the Shelby and by looks, the Saleen was more impressive... Wheels, tires, suspension and upholstery.... I love the idea of being able to put the whole family in the car but don't make me have to put rims and tires on my 70K shelby,,, I mean C'mon.. Please don't get me wrong.. I want that car too but please stop making the LX models of these muscle cars... Yours looks great.. Congrats. Was it signed?

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
TM , I do not particularly like the interior. That is my biggest pet peeve, also the exhaust is almost silent...too quite and needs work for it to be a true muscle car on another note....

I fell in love with the new style mustang the moment I first laid eyes on it. I figured I would wait for the factoy 500HP before I got my stang and started messing with it.

Bottome line:For the 45K sticker it is great, for the 15K + market adjustment, it falls a bit short.

I still love it though.

Bony c'mon man! give up her name so we can all do an internet search!!!

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
A Ford dealer friend sold the first GT500 the dealership received for $30,000 over msrp. It's a wonderful World.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Thanks for the info/feedback.Wanted to make sure I didn't come across like a jack hole. I think the throw back to retro age was absolutely brillant. Everytime I see the last recent model, I point at it and sy, "No one wants you anymore". But answer me this please. I sware I saw a sticker that read 550hp and that was on a stang. Honest to goodness truth. Was I dreaming or did I see a factory upgrade on it?? :confused

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
30K over msrp is ridicoulous. :frown I mean you can get a bad a$$ Viper in that range and the truth is for 75K it does not get more American muscle menacing than the Viper.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I would have to agree on that one...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Lovely car lovely color!!! - Please keep us updated with your thoughts as you put some more miles on it...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
MK2_GT said:

PS: Needs to be lowered IMO...

dgussin1

Jul 6, 2006
Chicago, Il
tmstunts#1233 said:
Thanks for the info/feedback.Wanted to make sure I didn't come across like a jack hole. I think the throw back to retro age was absolutely brillant. Everytime I see the last recent model, I point at it and sy, "No one wants you anymore". But answer me this please. I sware I saw a sticker that read 550hp and that was on a stang. Honest to goodness truth. Was I dreaming or did I see a factory upgrade on it?? :confused
the Saleen Extreme comes with 550hp from the factory. It's little 4.6L 3V motor is no match for the potential of the 5.4 4V though. Also it's price is right about 70K base MSRP.

ROCMAN

Big Dawg!
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 9, 2006
USA
I think this car has a great platform to build from. Like Dgussin said, the Saleens are using a smaller motor and have less room to grow, unless you tear the motor down and build the hell out of it. I know there are a lot of powerful 4.6's out there.

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Here are some tint pics

B_GT500_01.jpg

B_GT500_02.jpg

B_GT500_03.jpg