Got my Ford GT Recall Notice Today for Air Bag Replacement

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
I have not received my notice yet, but checked the website and my VIN shows the recall.

If anyone in Dallas is going to get theirs replaced, let me know where you take it. I plan on babysitting my car too.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Air Bag

GT Air Bag Recall 2015.jpg

Got the Recall and did it myself- with extreme caution. Piece of Cake .....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If anyone has doubts about whether your vehicle is subject to the recall enter your VIN on this page:

http://owner.ford.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Owner/Page/RecallsPage

I kept monitoring it for because (1) I didn't know if I needed both sides and (2) because the only thing ever done to it by a Ford dealer was when we lived in CO and they didn't have our new address. They are looking for CURRENT owner and they said they would be crawling through DMV records and I suspect that is how they tracked me down.

Hooboyz

GT Owner
May 1, 2013
North County San Diego
Got mine today, both sides. 2005, #592. Currently a California car. Not crazy about either of the two San Diego dealers I've had work on the car. Anyone know of a competent dealer in Orange or LA county? probably Galpin knows their way around the car, don't they?

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Just got my second recall notice. First one was in October for replacing "driver and/or passenger airbag inflator" recall 14B04. The one I got a couple days ago is two separate recalls, 14B09 driver side inflator, and 14S28 passenger side inflator. Two separate letters that came in the same envelope. GT is a 2005. Glad I didn't rush in to get the first one done now that they are recalling both on my car.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
I have not received my notice yet, but checked the website and my VIN shows the recall.

If anyone in Dallas is going to get theirs replaced, let me know where you take it. I plan on babysitting my car too.

Checked my VIN and it shows no recall. I am supposing that will change soon.

Soon as I get my notice I will get in touch with you and we will figure out where to go babysit our cars. Don Davis in Arlington sold me mine and are reported to be a good Ford dealer. Thoughts?

Last edited:

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Got mine today, both sides. 2005, #592. Currently a California car. Not crazy about either of the two San Diego dealers I've had work on the car. Anyone know of a competent dealer in Orange or LA county? probably Galpin knows their way around the car, don't they?

Galpin has one or two GT certified mechanics. They shepard the GTs and are exrtremely careful with them. I have had my windshield replaced there and had one service done there.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
View attachment 37245

Bill, I'm not with my 2005 GT Manual right now....is the procedure listed there?

jasonjsipos

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2010
Powell, Ohio
I received my notice as well. Anyone have opinions for a dealer to service the car close to central Ohio? The one I have used closest to me is not up to speed on the GT.

Hooboyz

GT Owner
May 1, 2013
North County San Diego
Thanks. I'll call them. Appreciate the response

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
View attachment 37245

Bill, will the dealer give you the part so you could do it yourself?

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
DMark1, a fellow FGT owner just got his oil changes at the dealer in Plano (Five Star Ford of Plano). He said they were very good and allowed him to drive his car back to service and sit there with car as oil was changed. They sound very friendly.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Mine still does not show any recall. I guess it's just a matter of time. Will keep checking.

Vince H

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
DMark1, a fellow FGT owner just got his oil changes at the dealer in Plano (Five Star Ford of Plano). He said they were very good and allowed him to drive his car back to service and sit there with car as oil was changed. They sound very friendly.

I left my GT at Park Cities Ford overnight to get the 2 airbag recalls done, oil change, new rear hatch struts, battery, and cleaning of the ground strap bolt at the frame. I arranged for the dealer to order all the parts, so that it could be done quickly. When I found out about the airbag recall, I decided to drop it off at 2pm today, hoping to get it out tomorrow afternoon. They agreed to keep it inside overnight, and only have the shop manager drive the car.

They did a thorough walk around of the car, and I made a photo of the odometer before I dropped it off. They claim to have 5 GT qualified mechanics there, and it is one of the 2 dealerships who have my name on the fictional list for the next GT.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Mine still does not show any recall. I guess it's just a matter of time. Will keep checking.

Vince H

You probably don't have one. Did you check on the web site I mentioned above?

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Received driver's only yesterday. I spoke to the dealer where i purchased it and said ford would send technician to my house??!! I would expect if so he would have experience? Dealer seems hesitant to do it. Anyway, wait few more months in case passenger side recall shows up!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Received my letter today. Dirver's side only. Will contact dealer that services my car in St. Louis. I always drive my car in/on and they let me watch the whole time. I take a folding chair with me. There was a new shop manager last time I was there who got on the tech aboput me.. The service manager calmed him down. Everyone enjoys me being there answering questions. All the new salesmen come over as well.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
You probably don't have one. Did you check on the web site I mentioned above?

I sure did Tony.

Vince H

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Received my official letter yesterday, but had called my dealership a few weeks ago to set something up. They are sending a technician out to my shop to do the job. Nice!